Mona Lisa

Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirty One  – Mona Lisa

“Don’t forget about this afternoon, okay?” Luhan said as Yoona appeared at the dining table with two plates of American-styled breakfast; fish and chips. It was early in the morning where they were having hearty breakfast before Luhan will be going to office.

Yoona shot him a frown and sat down on the chair. “What about this afternoon, B?” she threw a brisk inquiry. “Did we ever promise to do something today?”

The elder looked at his wife disappointingly. “Have you forgotten what we’ve promised, jagiya?”

“I suppose.” She let out a chuckle. “I’m sorry but I just can’t remember it, B,” she spoke almost immediately before Luhan could throw his words in disappointment. She knew the latter must have been devastated but she indeed can’t remember what had they promised together.

“Didn’t we promise to have lunch together this afternoon?”

“Ah, really!” Her eyes shone upon his words. She suddenly remembered what was the promise about. “We did promise to have lunch together!”  She grinned dumbfoundedly.

“You’re so slow to pick up.” Luhan heaved a low sigh and munched the food slightly. “I’ve only mentioned about it two days ago yet it’s dissappered from your mind.”

“I’m sorry again, B…” She came to hold the elder’s hand and caressed it subtly. “Would you forgive me?” she asked with pair of puppy-like eyes in which Luhan cannot resist her cuteness.

“Fine, fine. I’ll forgive you!” Luhan gave in eventually. He can’t hold his anger for too long because he knew in the end, he’ll be the one who reconciled first.

Yoona’s smiled happily. She knew Luhan couldn’t sulk for too long. “Speaking of which, I guess you haven’t told me why you wanted to have lunch with me today, have you?”

It was Luhan’s time to smile significantly. “You’ll know later, jagiya.” Then, he continued to eat the breakfast, throwing Yoona in a state of curiosity.

***

The day kicked off with so much tranquility after Luhan had left for work, but when the clock started to strike 10, she felt something different happen to her on the spur of the moment. She felt rather uneasy that her stomach suddenly started to twinge in great agony. She couldn’t focus her attention to the television as she later started to feel nauseous.

Yoona ended up running to the bathroom to throw up. It felt as if what had she eaten this morning and last night probably had all thrown out of her body. Her body felt so much lighter after she had thrown up.

Staggering helplessly towards the couch in the living room, she let out a sigh of relief as she lay down leisurely. She felt so much in pain after throwing up.

Yoona would love to give a call to Luhan to inform about her condition, but she changed her mind after thoughts. She supposed she shouldn’t disturb Luhan’s at office. She knew if she were to call him, the elder might go home at once as he’d feel so anxious of her poor condition. No way, she won’t let Luhan about her condition this time. She didn’t want to burden him. He must have been utterly busy with loads of work at office.

So in the end, she opted to call her best friend, Jessica. The latter had a day off today so it was a right choice to ask her for help.

“Sica-yah…”

“What’s up with your voice, Yoona-yah?” Jessica’s voice dripped in edginess. “Are you sick?”

“I suppose,” answered the younger feebly. “Could you come to me as soon as possible?”

“I get it,” she replied, “Where are you right now?”

“Home.”

“Okay, I’ll head to your house now. Wait for me!”

Flicking the ‘end’ button, Yoona’s eyes started to get blurry and soon collapsed into a state of unconsciousness.

***

“Yoona-yah!” This was the tenth time Jessica had yelled her best friend’s name out but the latter had yet to regain consciousness. She had no idea whether Yoona was sleeping or passing out.

It was kind fortunate for her when the door wasn’t unlocked. If it was locked, she definitely knew she wouldn’t have gotten inside up until now.

After a while, Yoona slowly opened her eyes and the first thing she saw was Jessica. “Oh, you’re here?” Weakly and gingerly, she attempted to stand up but the elder had to lend a hand. She had less strength to stand up by herself.

“I thought you passed out just now,” said Jessica with a sigh. “But it’s good when you were actually not.”

Yoona smiled mildly. “I’m sorry to bother you today though I know you’re not working today. I must have disturbed your precious time.”

“That’s okay,” she replied. “That’s what friends meant to be, right?”

The younger smiled again. “Thanks, Sica-yah.”

“Don’t mention it.” Jessica winked playfully at her. “Speaking of which, where’s your hubby? Is he working?”

“Uhm, he is.” She nodded. “I don’t want to disturb him so that’s why I called you.”

“I get it, Yoona-yah.” Jessica let out a grin and scooted closer at Yoona. “So what has happened to you?”

“I threw up and my stomach felt so throbbing that I thought I’d die right away.”

Jessica bursted into laughter upon Yoona’s unintentional quip. “So what was the cause of your sickness, Yoona-yah? Or was it because you didn’t eat up until now?”

“Absolutely not!” The younger shook her head. “I did eat this morning. In fact, I ate quite a lot.”

Jessica laughed again, thinking that Yoona was quite a good joker. “Oh, really? Then wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter