Peter Pan

Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Forty Three – Peter Pan

“I’m sorry if I’ve made you uncomfortable today, oppa,” Eunji said apologetically after they hopped in the car. She knew she had to say sorry to her partner today. He must have been so flustered and uneasy with all this ruckus that happened on the spur of the moment. It was beyond her expectation that they would bump into Kyungsoo and Kai today.

Despite their blind date had been ruined, Kibum could still smile as if nothing had happened. “It’s okay, Eunji-ah. I don’t really take it to heart.”

“Are you really mean it, oppa?” she queried pryingly. “I mean, you should’ve gotten mad at me that our blind date today got ruined because of them.”

“Why would I?” A laugh escaped his lips. “There’s no reason why would I get mad. When I said it’s okay, I really meant it.”

The younger was at loss of words when he had clarified himself though she was still disgruntled for some reasons. Both of them shouldn’t have come to the amusement park in the first place and they wouldn’t have to stumbled upon the two best friends.

“Eunji-ah, I’m sorry if I’m prying into your affair but I’m really curious about the two guys we met just now,” he said, “is one of them your boyfriend?”

She nodded weakly. “He was my boyfriend.”

“But two of you don’t seem to split up yet,” he inquired, frowning. “He seems really sad just now, though.”

“Just let him be, oppa,” she snapped curtly. “I don’t want to think about him anymore. He’s just my past and I shall not turn back to the past. It just means… nothing. Everything’s now turned to ashes.”

“Sometimes, you shouldn’t be so riled up, Eunji-ah,” he remarked with a meaningful smile, enough to make the latter to be thrown off guard. “Because occasionally, we always try to make up a lie for the sake of our importance even though our heart is deeply hurt.”

“W-why you said so, oppa?”

“I’ve gone through times like this.” He pulled out a big smile. “And to tell you the truth, I ended up crying myself silly. I regretted myself thinking I shouldn’t have acted like I’m so brave enough to withstand all these complications.”

Eunji was silent throughout his outburst. She bit her lip, trying to comprehend the elder’s significant words of advice.

“Because in the end, you’d eventually fall down and during the time, no one would help us stand up again. All of them have left us alone.”

Before Kibum began to drive the car, he threw her another piece of golden advice. “I hope you understand my words, Eunji-ah. I don’t want you to end up being like me. Being alone until now just because of my own stupidity.”

***

“You really don’t know anything about your friend, Sica?” Jinki touched about Yoona’s progression when they were in the midst of having lunch together.

“My friend? Who?” Jessica quirked an eyebrow, clueless

Jinki let out a somewhat infuriated sigh. “The one who always sticks to you as if both of you were twins.”

“Oh, you mean Yoona-yah?”

“You’re really dense, Sica,” said Jinki, chuckling in laughter. “Of course, it’s Yoona!”

“I was flustered for a jiff.” She was embarrassed for nothing.

“Anyway, have you had any recent news about her?” he asked back. “I mean, she’s been missing in action for almost a month!”

“I don’t know, Jinki.” Jessica could only shake her head and sigh audibly. She hadn’t been in contact with her best friend since a month ago. Somehow, she felt quizzical of the sudden missing of Yoona, though. How could she hide herself just because of her husband? It seemed incredulous. It was okay if she wanted to sulk for a week but now, it had been a month! Seriously, she was pitiful towards Luhan. How can he cope with his life when knowing her wife had gone missing for a month? How devastated he must be.

The last time her friend gave her a brief call right after the day Luhan visited her house. She said she wanted to hide herself away from him. She didn’t want to meet him anymore. So Jessica made a conclusion here that two of them had gotten into a big fight but the problem was Luhan had no idea about it. He didn’t know why Yoona got so exasperated to the extent she ran away from home.

At first, Jessica thought her friend was in overseas regarding to endorsement stuffs, but when Yoona called him the other day, she said she was still in the country but didn’t mention her whereabouts.

If her friend was in front of her right now, she would kick her in the for being a total fool. Hiding herself from everyone’s knowledge for a month just because she got sulked with her husband. What a childish wife, seriously. If she knew this whole thing was going to happen, she would have been on Luhan’s side. She will root for him instead of her own friend.

“I wonder how Luhan-ah’s doing now, Sica. He must be sad over the loss of his wife,” Jinki pitched in sympathetically.

“I’ve met him yesterday and he’s off like usual,” she trailed off, sighing. “He’s totally changed. I have no idea how hard he must be, Jinki. He must have been in depression hell a lot.”

“Seriously, poor Luhan-ah.”

“Jinki, let me ask you something.” She put her spoon in the plate and eyed her boyfriend with a wide grin.

“What would you do I were in the same situation like Yoona?” She rolled her eyes at him questioningly. “I mean, hiding myself for weeks just because I’m disappointed in you. What would you do to me?”

“Since you’re still not my wife, I would literally beat you up and rip your throat apart,” Jinki answered at ease, “for doing such a foolish action!”

“How could you!” Jessica ended up slamming her fist against the table. She pulled out a long pout furiously. “I’m not going to get married with a gangster like you!”

The elder cracked up hysterically and started to soothe his girlfriend. He was ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter