Married

Wedding bells

 

 After the oh-so-sweet proposal, Daehyun and Hyuna spent the rest of the afternoon eating cake and making up for lost time.

 

“But, I don’t understand. I thought you were going to leave me. You seemed so uninterested in our relationship already,” Hyuna said as she put a spoonful of cake in .

 

Daehyun looked at her and gave her a cheeky smile, “Truth is, I’ve been thinking a lot about proposing to you for a long time already. But then, I couldn’t afford a nice ring. And you deserve the best after everything that you’ve done for me. So, I worked two jobs. At first it was only one but, that wasn’t really helping much so I got another one.”

 

Hyuna put down her spoon and looked at Daehyun. She had never felt so appreciated in her life before. “Oh my, you didn’t have to strain yourself for me…” she said slowly.

 

“I know I didn’t have to, but I wanted to.” Daehyun smiled brightly, making Hyuna blush.

 

“So… what jobs did you get?” she asked.

 

“First job I got was at an office stapling and arranging documents. Second job was one at a newspaper factory. I also had to sort out a lot of papers. That’s why I always come home so late. I’m so sorry if I hurt you, I didn’t mean it.”

 

“It’s okay, Daehyun. You didn’t hurt me at all.” Hyuna smiled.

 

“You’re the best,” Daehyun said to her.

 

“No, you are.”

 


 

 

“Oh my gosh! That’s so pretty!” Hyuna’s friends squealed when they saw the diamond engagement ring on her finger.

 

“When did he ask you?” Hana, a friend of Hyuna’s asked.

 

“Yesterday,” Hyuna replied.

 

“It’s so beautiful!” Hana said once more, “Oh my, you are so lucky to have Daehyun.”

 

“I know,” Hyuna smiled, “I’ve been told.”

 

“Have you started planning the wedding yet?” her other friend, Ara asked. “I can totally help you with that. We’ll have to order the flowers and design the invitations and also we h-“

 

“Woah, woah, slow down Ara. He just proposed yesterday. It’s not like they’re going to get married tomorrow or something!” Hana exclaimed to her over enthusiastic friend.

 

Ara chuckled, “Sorry, Hyuna. It’s just that I love weddings and my sister just got married so I helped her organize her wedding a lot. I just love wedding planning so much! I think I’m gonna become a wedding planner one day if the dream of having my own business fails.”

 

“Hey, maybe you could have a wedding planning business, you know.” Hyuna suggested.

 

“Oh my! You are totally right!” Ara shouted, “I can’t believe I never even thought of that before. You’re a genius, Hyuna!” she enveloped her in a hug, “You’re a genius and you’re getting married!”

 


 

 

"Hey, babe. So how was your day?" Daehyun asked as Hyuna and him walked home together.
 
"It was really great! My friends think that the ring is beautiful. And they're so excited for our wedding," she replied with a big smile.
 
"I'm excited for our wedding, too," Daehyun said, "I can't wait til I get to call you my wife." He smiled.
 
Hyuna smiled as the colour rushed up her face. 
 
"Oh, I texted my sister the news last night and she called me at school just now," Daehyun piped, "She's very, very excited for the wedding. And she wants to help us plan it."
 
"Your sister called?" Hyuna asked, surprised because she hasn't met his sister or any of his family members yet.
 
"Yeah, she says she's really excited to meet you. I've sent pictures of us to her before and she said she approves of you," Daehyun chuckled.
 
"Hey, how come she's seen me but I haven't seen her before? That's not fair!" Hyuna fake-pouted.
 
"Oh, well, you're going to see her, soon." Daehyun smiled cheekily as they reached the doorstep of their house.
 
Hyuna reached for her keys and unlocked the door. She pushed open the door and saw a tall, beautiful girl in their house, observing the pictures on the wall. She raised her brows and cleared , "Erm... Who are you and what are you doing here?" She asked the girl.
 
The girl turned around and a bright big smile appeared on her face instantly, "Hyuna! It's so nice to finally meet you!" She rushed over to Hyuna and gave her a big bear hug, "Amd Daehyunnie! Aww, you're so cute! I can't believe you guys are getting married!"
 
"Hello to you, too, Minhee," Daehyun smiled and ruffled her hair.
 
"Oh, right! I forgot to introduce myself!" The girl face palmed herself, "I'm Minhee, Daehyun's noona. But he never calls me that anymore." She rolled her eyes dramatically, "and you're Hyuna! So happy to finally meet you!"
 
"So you're Daehyun's sister!" Hyuna exclaimed as her eyes rounded, "We were just talking about you!"
 
"Really now? Were you guys bad mouthing me or something?" Minhee joked.
 
"Of course not!" Hyuna and Daehyun exclaimed at the same time.
 
"Okay, good," Minhee smiled, "Hyuna, I need to talk to you. We can plan the wedding together and do some sister bonding!"