Day 1: What would you like to do today?

Wedding bells

“So Hyuna, tell me, what would you like to do today?” Himchan grinned sweetly as he hit the record button on his sound recorder. Hyuna flinched in her seat, resisting the urge to slam something right onto Himchan's face. Himchan had offered them an agreement earlier. He said if the two of them obey all his orders for a certain amount of time until he is satisfied, he will let them go alive. And he, himself will leave the country and go somewhere else where he can never be contacted by them ever again. It sounded like a pretty ludicrous deal but the two of them agreed for both of their safeties anyway. 

 

Himchan had took the liberty to untie Daehyun from the chair and actually cleaned him up. He washed away all the dried and still gooey blood, sanitized the wounds and cuts, and bandaged all of them up. He put a fresh set of clothes on Daehyun and let him rest on the bed in the master bedroom. Of course all the windows and doors were tightly locked. Himchan would never let his prey run away from him. In fact, if he could, Daehyun wouldn't even dare to run away from Himchan. He obviously knew what Himchan can do. As for Hyuna, she was quite reluctant about the idea but seeing Daehyun made her agree. Himchan brought her to the dining room and started to ask her questions.

 

"Are you not going to answer?" Himchan asked, raising one of his eyebrows at Hyuna questioningly. "I'm going to have to start the tape recorder again if you don't speak."

 

Hyuna bit down on her lip and stayed silent. She did not want to be a part of Himchan's games. Himchan put his palms together and leaned in towards her. "Listen hear, Hyuna. I offered you an agreement to save the both of your lives and this is what you do to repay me? Not obey my orders?"

 

"I don't even know if you're honest about the agreement or not!" Hyuna snapped, "For all I know, it could be all just a big fat lie and you're going to kill us anyway."

 

"Finally!" Himchan raised his hands in the air to thank the heavens. "You speak! Okay, I'm going to start the tape recorder again. Trust me, this isn't for any creepy or scary reason. I just want memories. Memories that I can look back upon in... ten years time."

 

Hyuna shivered at the information that just went in her ears. "Memories". Why on earth would Himchan want memories of her? Her bottom lip strated quivering and cold sweat started forming at the top of her head. She nodded slowly, knowing that speaking would be the only hope.

 

"Good," Himchan said, "Now, let's start again nicely. What would you like to do today?"

 

Hyuna opened and spoke. Her voice came out barely a whisper. "I would... I would like to go home..."

 

"Tell me why you want to leave," Himchan replied calmly, as if this were a real interview, "There's everything you need in this house. It's a whole lot bigger than your own house, that's for sure. There's a nice kitchen, nice view from the balcony upstairs, the walls are freshly wall-papered, food is stocked up in the fridge, you have me here for entertainment. Basically, you have everything you need. You're not going to die."

 

"You're here... how does that make anything better..." Hyuna said shakily, on the verge of crying, "You ruined my life... and you are still ruining it...."

 

Himchan ignored her tears and continued on with his "interview". "Why are you afraid of me?" He asked.

 

Hyuna stopped looking at her shaking hands and brought her gaze to look at Himchan's face. He looked rather normal for a guy with a pyscho mind like his. If you were to see him on the streets, you would never imagine that he was this kind of person. He still looked the same as he did a few years ago, although a few laugh lines are settling in his face, his youth was still there.

 

"I-I don't know..." Hyuna stuttered, "I guess... I guess it's everything that you've ever done to me..."

 

"But the past is the past, don't you agree?" Himchan asked, "We should all forgive and forget. No matter how terrible you might have been hurt. This is just one of life's big challenges."

 

"I don't think anyone with a sane mind would forgive you if you did what you done to me, to them," Hyuna replied, "I would like to leave this... prison... thank you very much. I don't wanna stay here. Just let Daehyun and I go... I don't want us to suffer any longer."

 

Himchan cocked his head to the side and smiled innocently. "You wanna go home, you say? What on earth do you think you're talking about? This is just the first day."