Bipolar, maybe?

Wedding bells

Hyuna and Daehyun left their house with shakey legs and sweaty palms. They were anxious. Insanely anxious. Hyuna was scared to the core and so was Daehyun. They didn't dare to decline the offer, knowing the consequences. They took their time as they made their way to the end of the street to Himchan's house.

 

Himchan was just standing at the front yard, looking at his surroundings. He spotted the couple and grinned brightly at them. "Hey, guys! What took you so long? Did you two get lost or something?" He called out to them.

 

Daehyun tightened his protective grip on Hyuna's little hand and cleared his throat. "Sorry if we kept you waiting," he said, "Be glad we actually came."

 

"It's no biggie actually! I was still in the process of making dinner and I just decided to come out and check if you two were coming or n ot!" Himchan said in a sing song voice.

 

"He's creeping me out..." Hyuna whispered to Daehyun.

 

"Don't be scared, it's just for tonight. I'm sure the dinner won't last very long if we eat incredibly fast," Daehyun answered her.

 

"Well," Himchan said, "What are we standing outside for? Come on in!" He beckoned them to follow him in the house. "Make yourselves at home. I need to get the casserole out of the oven first, after that I'm going to give you a tour around!"

 

Daehyun and Hyuna nodded stiffly and just stood there. They didn't feel like and couldn't exactly "make themselves at home". I mean, who would when you're in someone as terrible as Kim Himchan's house? So, they stayed stationary at their spots and waited for Himchan to come out from the kitchen. Neither of them spoke. Hyuna was trying not to get a panic attack and Daehyun was too busy thinking about ways to murder Himchan without anyone ever finding out.

 

A few minutes later, Himchan came out of the kitchen and looked at the two people. "It's time for dinner!" He chirped.

 

The three of them sat at the well-set and decorated dinner table. Delicious smelling and mouth-watering food filled the table but Hyuna and Daehyun had absolutely no appetite. Hyuna took small portions and picked at her food. Daehyun simply glared at Himchan across the dinner table.

 

"Why the angry face, Daehyun?" Himchan asked, whilst forking his food into his own mouth, "You should really try the mac and cheese, it's my mother's best recipe. She taught me how to make it a few years ago and even gave me the recipe!"

 

"No, thank you. I'd rather not be here at all," Daehyun replied harshly.

 

Himchan put down his cutlery and looked Daehyun straight in the eye. "You both know what I'm capable of, right? And I'm trying to make a new image for myself. Good with neighbours, have a lot of nice and trustworthy friends, friendly towards the ecosystem, so on and so forth. So, if you try to kill my image, I can and will make you suffer for the rest of your short lives."

 

"New image?" Daehyun scoffed, "Maybe you should've thought of actually being nice and not send threats to us because you wanna 'watch us suffer'"

 

"Jung Daehyun," Himchan shook his head, "Sometimes, people say things out of anger and hatred. Things that they do not necessarily mean or feel. So please, don't take my threats to heart. I am capable of doing rather terrible things but that doesn't mean I'm going to do it to you. I mean, we are best friends, right?"

 

"We are not your friends," Daehyun hissed.

 

"You better be," Himchan retorted, "And just eat for God's sake. There's no poison in the food. If there were, why on earth would I be eating too? And also, being a good person means not wasting food. So eat up!"

 

Daehyun glared at Himchan once more and started filling his plate with food. He seriously didn't get that guy. One minute he's sending threats and the other minute he's trying to be friendly and nice.

 

"Now that's more like it!" Himchan said happily, "Hyuna dear, why aren't you eating yours? You know you shouldn't pick at your food like that."

 

Daehyun raised his brows. Is he trying to show off his motherly side or something? Daehyun said in his mind.

 

"I don't feel like eating," Hyuna said in a small voice, "I think my stomach's upset."

 

"Aww, your tummy's not feeling right?" Himchan cooed, "I've got some medicine in the cabinet if you'd like. Oh, here! Have some of the soup, my mother also taught me how to make this. She said it's good if you drink hot soup when you have an upset stomach. Try some!"

 

"Are you like trying to be a mom or something?" Daehyun suddenly cut Himchan off.

 

"It's not good to interupt people when they're speaking! Don't do it again!" Himchan scoled.

 

"Yeah, yeah whatever. But seriously, are you trying to be a mom or something? I've never seen this side of you before." Daehyun replied.

 

"It's actually one of my new images, you know? Being nice and family-oriented. And I've just recently discovered my love for cooking and serving food. That's why I called you two over for dinner! I wanted you to try my cooking but it seems like you guys don't really enjoy it," Himchan pouted, "And you know what they say! If your kids aren't eating your food, it's time for a punishment."

 

"What the hell? We're not your kids!" Daehyun exclaimed.

 

"I'm aware of that but, I just like punishing people," he said, standing up from his seat. He walked to the front door and double-locked it. He clicked on some sort of remote and all the blinds suddenly came down. No one outside could see or hear them. "Now let us begin."

 

Daehyun immediately stood up. "What the hell is this? Is this some kind of joke? We're leaving, now."

 

Himchan laughed when he heard what Daehyun said. "Leave? Do you think it's that easy to leave my house? You should've thought of that before actually agreeing to come here! And here I was, thinking that you two were actually smart."

 

"Hyuna, run. Go out from the back door or the windows or anything!" Daehyun shouted to her. He ran to Himchan and attempted to punch him in the face but Himchan held on his hand before it could reach his face.

 

"I have good reflexes," Himchan shrugged, "Oh, and don't bother looking for a place to go out from! I already locked everything. You guys are stuck with me." He shouted over to Hyuna; who was frantically trying to open up a window to escape.

 

Daehyun gritted his teeth in anger and used his other hand to push Himchan up against the wall. Himchan struggled and choked on Daehyun's tight grip on his neck. He reached for his pocket and pulled out a 12-inch long knife. Daehyun didn't even see Himchan taking the knife out, he was too intent on strangling him to death. Himchan took the chance and jabbed the insanely sharp knife into Daehyun's stomach.

 

Daehyun felt the excruciating pain when the knife went into his stomach. He immediately let go of Himchan's neck and clutched onto his own stomach. Blood was flowing out everywhere and the pain was unbearable. Hyuna heard his screams and immediately ran over to him. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh. What do I do?" She screamed.

 

Himchan stood there, amused by the pain that was inflicted on Daehyun. "Don't worry, it wasn't that deep of a stab. It will make him lose a lot of blood but it won't make him die."

 

Hyuna ignored Himchan's voice and tried to stop the bleeding. She took of her cardigan and pressed it on the stab wound in an attempt to lessen the bleeding. Daehyun started coughing out bits of blood. He felt weak and his body was limp. He was going to fall into unconsciousness any moment now.

 

Himchan took another golden opportunity and stepped behind Hyuna. He took out a handkerchief that he has previously soaked in morphine and shoved it against her nose and mouth. She fell to the ground almost immediately and Himchan smiled to himself.