The Big Day

Wedding bells

 

Weeks passed by quickly and the wedding was just around the corner. Minhee and Hyuna have spent every single minute to its fullest in planning this wedding. Everyone wanted it to be perfect.

 

And it was.

 

The planning for now, that is. The selected venue is at a big, luxurious hotel and the wedding is going to be held in the magnificent grand hall.

 

Everything from flowers to cutlery to the drapes was specially selected and customized. According to Minhee, every single small detail is important and will make a big difference in the end product.

 

The bridesmaid dresses were designed and tailored by Minhee and Hyuna themselves. The dresses were long and flowy, soft lilac in colour. The dresses matched the flowers and everything looked beautiful in place.

 

The wedding was just two days away and Hyuna felt nervous as hell. Daehyun, on the other hand, was feeling exactly the same thing. Millions of thoughts and outbursts went through his head.

 

“Oh my god, what if she leaves me at the altar and runs off with some other guy who’s better than me, more handsome than me, more good at everything than me. Oh my god, I need to stop thinking.”  <--Those were basically all the thoughts that went through his mind, repeatedly for the past few….months.

 

Yes, Daehyun was scared to the core. He acts like such a confident guy to everyone but inside, he’s so afraid that Hyuna might one day reject him and leave him broken and alone.

 

A different set of thoughts went through Hyuna’s mind. She feared that no one would show up at her wedding. She feared that a random serial killer would just barge in the hall when Daehyun and herself are reciting their vows and promising themselves to each other. She feared that Himchan might just hop out behind the curtains during the ceremony and ruin everything.

 

Aside from terrible people showing up or not showing up at all, she also worried about her own looks. “What if I gained weight and I won’t be able to fit my dress?”

 

“What if my makeup can’t make it and I’m forced to do my own makeup? I at doing those things!”

 

“What if my dress rips and I trip and fall while walking down the aisle?”

 

Hyuna grabbed her hair in frustration and groaned. She was worried about everything.

 

“Hey, baby, are you alright?” Daehyun asked gently, reaching over to her.

 

Hyuna smiled and replied, “I’m fine. Just a little bit stressed out and nervous and excited about the wedding.”

 

Daehyun her hair and placed a kiss on her forehead. “Don’t stress yourself out. Everything’s gonna go as perfect as it is planned. Maybe it’ll even be better!”

 

"I really hope it will go as planned," Hyuna sighed, "I mean, what if I trip on my own dress when I walk down the aisle? That would be the most embarrassing thing in the world, ever!"

 

"That's not gonna happen, silly," Daehyun said, "But if it did, I'm sure you'll still look great. You always look perfect to me."

 

Hyuna smiled at Daehyun's sweetness. She's forever thankful to have him as hers.

 

 

 

 


 

 

10th February 2013, the day.

 

Hyuna opened her eyes when she heard the sound of her shrill alarm clock ringing. She rolled over and saw Daehyun’s peaceful face sleeping. She smiled and ran her fingers against his skin. Watching Daehyun sleep was one of her favourite hobbies, it might sound creepy but, she loved it anyway.

 

Daehyun cracked open and eye and saw Hyuna staring at him. He smiled at her and said, “Morning, babe.”

 

"Good morning to you, too sleepyhead,” Hyuna replied with a big grin on her face.

 

"Today’s the day,” Daehyun sang as he sat up on the bed, twisting his body around, “I’ll finally get to call you my wife after today.” He smiled.

 

"I’d like that very much,” Hyuna said, blushing furiously, “I’m gonna go wash up now. See you later, Daehyunnie.”

 


 

"Oh my gosh, you look so beautiful!" Minhee gushed as the beauticians added the finishing touches on Hyuna, "I can't wait to see how Daehyun's face would look like when he sees you!"

 

Hyuna blushed and lowered her head, she wasn't quite used to receiving many compliments. "Thank you, I don't look that beautiful, I think I look fine." Hyuna said.

 

"Fine? You think you look fine?" Minhee laughed, "You look way beyond fine! You are absolutely, stunningly gorgeous! I'm not sure of what other words can be used in this situation but, you are just so beautiful! And you're not even in your wedding dress yet! Oh my god, I would totally faint if I see you after you put on the dress." Minhee said dramatically.

 

"But, you can't faint! I need you at the wedding!" Hyuna exclaimed frantically, her mind was in such a mess because of the nervousness that she couldn't even sense sarcasm anymore.

 

"I was just kidding!" Minhee chuckled, "I wouldn't actually faint, I think I would swoon instead. Now go, go put on your dress and show everyone that you're the ultimate beauty queen!" She cheered.

 

"Alright, alright," Hyuna laughed. Daehyun's sister was really something.

 

Hyuna stood up and went into one of the dressing rooms. Two friendly ladies helped her into her dress. Her dress was a white number, elegant and beautiful, just like herself. It hugged at the right places and complimented her small frame perfectly. She smiled at her own reflection and went outside to show Minhee.

 

"So, what do you think?" She asked shyly.

 

Minhee didn't say anything. Her eyes just went about.... ten times larger than the normal size. "Oh my...." She said, fanning herself so that the tears in her eyes wouldn't fall, "You... you look so perfect!" She cried, unable to control herself.

 

"Oh my god, why are you crying, Minhee?" Hyuna asked.

 

"It-it's nothing!" Minhee fanned herself even more frantically, "You're just so beautiful and you look so perfect, I can't believe my brother is marrying you! I'm just so happy for the two of you!" Minhee tried to blink all her tears away.

 

"Aww, Minhee," Hyuna said, "Don't cry, you're going to ruin your makeup! And if you cry even more, I'm going to start crying as well."

 

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry," Minhee wiped away a tear from her cheek, "And this is just the pre-wedding, imagine me at the real ceremony a few hours later," Minhee laughed, "I apologize in advance if I accidentally flood the whole hall with my tears, I just can't help it. I'm too emotional and this whole wedding is just so perfect! Most sucessful wedding event, EVER!"

 

Hyuna was going to say something but she got interrupted. A lady opened the room door and popped her head in, "Hyuna? You're the bride, right? They need you outside in about 10 minutes so, just get all your last touch ups done and everything will be fine."

 

Hyuna nodded and looked at Minhee; who's eyes were now red and watery. Thankfully for her she was wearing waterproof mascara, eyeliner and water-proof everything. "10 minutes. Oh my god, did you hear that? 10 minutes!! You're going to be a bride in approximately 10 minutes!" Minhee screamed in excitement, "Oh, oh, now it's 9 minutes! I am so happy for you!" 

 

Minhee quickly enveloped Hyuna into a bone-crushing hug. "Thank you so much for everything, Minhee. I really mean it when I say I appreciate everything and anything that you've done for Daehyun and I, especially this wedding. None of this could've happened if it weren't for you," Hyuna sniffed, "Thank you, thank you so much! And... I gotta go now, bridal duties are calling for me!"

 


 

The piano music started playing. Hyuna took her first step down the aisle. She looked around the whole place, it looked perfect in every angle. Smiling faces and teary eyes filled the room. "Oohs" and "Aahs" were heared everywhere. Hyuna walked slowly and tried not to fall down. At the end of the aisle, stood Daehyun, looking dapper as ever in his black tuxedo.

 

"Hi," Daehyun mouthed to Hyuna when she reached the altar.

 

She grinned at him and the pastor began speaking.

 

They exchanged their vows and exchanged rings. They promised to be lawful and faithful. They promised to be each others' faithful partners in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as sorrow. They promised to love each other unconditionally, to support each other in their respective goals, to honor and respect each other, to laugh and to cry with each other and to cherish each other for as long as they would live. They vowed to love each other and care for each other. They promised to accept each other with all their faults and strengths. They promised to help each other when times are tough. They made those promises from the bottom of their hearts and promised to keep them for all the days of their life.

 

After the vows, both the bride and groom's eyes were gleaming with tears.

 

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." The pastor said.

 

Daehyun leaned in and kissed Hyuna gently on the lips. The whole hall applauded and cheered for the happy newly wed couple. Confetti sprang up in the air and happy music started playing.

 

The wedding went on perfectly just as planned. The guests were enjoying themselves and the newly weds were blooming with joy. They cut their cake, popped a champagne bottle, threw a bouqet of flowers and did all the other things that people did in their weddings. 

 

"I love you, Hyuna." Daehyun said, looking deep into Hyuna's eyes.

 

"I love you, too," she said back, as sincere as she could be.

 


 

Author's note : Hey everyone! This might be the longest chapter that I've ever written, it's almost 2000 words! Hahaha. I hope everyone is having a great week and I apologize for the lack of updates. I've been extremely busy with school and everything. Thank you all for reading and subscribing. Please leave some comments and tell me what you think, honestly :) 

 

And also, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR :D