Day 2: Which do you prefer, medium rare or well done?

Wedding bells

Daehyun gazed out the window. His lips were chapped and faded, his eyes almost closing. He hasn't had any food or drink for the past day and he was insanely weak. He slowly turned his head to the side as he noticed someone staring at him from the corner of his eyes. 

 

"How are you enjoying yourself?" Himchan asked, with that cunning look still on his face. Daehyun had no strength left in him to reply so he said nothing. "Not talking to me now, are we?" Himchan said again. He made his way towards Daehyun and held his chin with his hand. "Speak."

 

"I... I need water..." Daehyun managed to cough out. Himchan gave him a curt nod and left the room for a few minutes. He came back with a glass in one hand and a pitcher of water in the other. He filled the glass and handed it to Daehyun. Daehyun accepted the water gratefully and chugged it down like he hasn't had water for the past year. "Thank you..." Daehyun said, after gulping down all that water. His voice was still rather raspy, though.

 

"So, tell me. How are you enjoying yourself here?" Himchan asked, "Hyuna seems to be liking it. I mean, you can't blame her, this house is so much better than your little shabby one down the street. I can't believe no one has filed a missing person report for you or Hyuna. It just proves that the two of you are unimportant and no one cares about you at all," Himchan shrugged.

 

Daehyun glared at Himchan as menacing as he could. He wanted to rip his head off right at that moment but he contained himself instead. He took in his oxygen sharply and thought of what to say. "When are you going to let us go?" He asked.

 

"Why on earth are the two of you so urgent to leave? Is it because you two want to go to school or something? That would be a shocker because I've never heard of anyone willingly going to school," Himchan said, "Or maybe it's because you want to get home and live out your innocent little life-after-marriage fantasies. Or you just wanna spend time with Hyuna and you don't want to be apart from her. But hey, look on the bright side! She's already here with you! Just in a different room in this house."

 

"Stop it... just stop it..." Daehyun pleaded, "Why can't you just let us leave..."

 

"Life has it's own special challenges. You either face them or die," Himchan simply shrugged.

 

"But this is not a challenge! You are not god! You're just some kind of low-life bastard who doesn't have anything better to do than watch people in pain!" Daehyun retaliated.

 

"I don't just like to watch people in pain, I like to cause them pain," Himchan smirked evilly.

 

Daehyun shook his head and closed his eyes. He leaned against the wall and didn't say another word. He knew no matter how hard he tried to argue, he would never win. Himchan had to have his way with everything. "So, I see you're tired now," Himchan said, looking at Daehyun.

 

"I am just fed up of your total bull," Daehyun replied, making Himchan chuckle.

 

"Get dressed with the clothes that I put in the closet. I'm making us another big dinner tonight and I like it when people dress up to eat. There's a few shirts and ties over there. Make yourself presentable. I don't want to see your constantly-stoned face while I eat my meal," Himchan said.

 


 

 

"Aww, why are you still in your peasant clothes?" Himchan asked Hyuna.

 

Hyuna snapped her head and saw Himchan standing at the doorway. She jumped a bit at the sudden appearance of him. "I don't feel like eating tonight." she told him.

 

"Now now Hyuna. We all know how smart you are with things but just remember. When it comes to me, I win. I win everything. I am smarter than you so I know what is best for you. And for now, the best thing for you to do is go get dressed and come down to the dining room so we can all have a wonderful family meal all together."

 

"I am not your family," Hyuna protested.

 

"You soon will be if you don't move your right now," Himchan lectured. Hyuna rolled her eyes and slammed the door shut right in front of Himchan's face. She dragged her heavy feet towards the closet and opened it. It was crazy. There were designer dresses everywhere and pretty blouses were hanging on the hangers. 

 

"What the hell..." she thought out loud. She knew Himchan was a total creep and she didn't exactly want to know why he has a closet full of women's clothing in his house but, he actually had some fashion sense! She skimmed through the clothes and picked out one that she thinks looks best on her. After changing her clothes, she thought about Daehyun again. Images of his face in immense pain kept coming into her mind. She took a deep breath and attempted to shake off those thoughts but of course it didn't work. She had nothing else to worry about.

 

"Hyuna! Are you done changing already? Dinner is ready! Daehyun is here, too!" Himchan shouted from the other side of the door. Hyuna's ears perked up when she heard Daehyun's name. She quickly got out of the closet and opened the door. She bolted down the stairs and went to the dining room. 

 

The aroma of heavenly cooked steak filled the atmosphere but Hyuna didn't care. She saw Daehyun sitting at the end of the table, looking miserable as ever. "Daehyun!" She called out. He looked up from his empty plate and his eyes instantly lit up when they met hers. 

 

"Hyuna!" He called back. He attempted to stand up from his seat to embrace her but the pieces of cloth tied to his body and the chair did not allow him to. Hyuna went over to him instead and hugged him immediately. 

 

"Kids, please. Tone down the PDA. I have a reason why I tied up Daehyun," Himchan appeared out of nowhere and said, "Now if you don't mind, Hyuna. Please sit down. Or else I'll have to tie you up the same way I tied him."

 

"Fine," Hyuna grunted and took a seat next to Daehyun.

 

"No, no, no. I want to to sit there!" Himchan pointed to the other end of the table. Hyuna rolled her eyes and went to sit there.

 

"Good. Now that the both of you are here, I would like to discuss some important points with you," Himchan said, "I'm actually thinking of refurnishing this house. I know I just got it and only moved in recently but, it feels like forever since you guys got here." He smiled creepily at them.

 

"But before all that jazz, I need to make another important announcement. My distant relatives from Japan are coming to visit tomorrow. I need Hyuna to pretend to be my wife and Daehyun can just be my poor old butler. How does that sound to you?"

 

"If that can get us out of here earlier, I won't mind," Daehyun replied while Hyuna stayed silent.

 

"Hm... getting out of here would be so hard..." Himchan mocked, "But as I was saying, I need Hyuna to be my wife. So, she has to share a room with me for about three nights and you, Daehyun, have to sleep in the basement since my relatives are going to be using the guest rooms. I hope that's alright with you. You don't have to worry much anyway, Hyuna and I would probably be having a great time mingling with them while you serve us little drinks and treats. Easy job."

 

"Fine," Daehyun said.

 

"Great! Now that's the spirit!" Himchan cheered on, "Oh, and another question," he made his way over to where Hyuna was sitting. He placed his hand on her arm and poked her flesh lightly, "Which do you prefer, Daehyun, rare, medium rare, or well done?" He smirked.

 

"What on earth do you mean by that?" Daehyun asked, horrified.

 

"Oh, well. You'll know one day."