Surprise gift

Wedding bells

The wedding reception and everything else went by wonderfully and the newly-weds were as happy as they could be. Everyone at the wedding had tears in their eyes as the two exchanged their heartfelt vows. A few weeks passed by, Hyuna and Daehyun just returned from their honeymoon in the Bahamas. They walked to their front door, hand in hand, laughing like little children.

 

"That whole week was great," Daehyun smiled at Hyuna.

 

"I agree, best time of my life, ever!" She said.

 

They went into their house and found a rather big surprise in their living room. When they opened the door, they saw all their wedding gifts neatly piled in one corner. Several wedding congratulatory cakes were on the counter and there were tons and tons of flowers. "Wow," Hyuna said, "when Minhee said she would gather up all the gifts for us, I didn't think it would be this much!"

 

"I know right..." Daehyun agreed.

 

"Remind me to call her later to thank her. She's so kind to us," Hyuna smiled.

 

"She's always been a very nice person to everyone. That's what I like about her being my sister. But then I don't really like it when people compare me to her, I just wanna rip her head off sometimes," Daehyun said, "Oh, well! I love opening presents! Which one should we start off with?"

 

Hyuna fished out one of the gifts with the prettiest wrapping paper from the pile and opened it first. The two of them enjoyed themselves very much. They got more excited as they opened more gifts. They received things like expensive watches, jewelry, household items, beautiful ornaments and so much more. They even got some baby outfits and toys. Hyuna took note of all the people's names that had given gifts to them. She wanted to call them later and thank them personally for going to their wedding and giving them such nice presents.

 

After opening a bunch of presents, wrapping paper was scattered all over the floor. Hyuna and Daehyun laughed and joked around together. There was only one gift left and they couldn't decided who gets to open it.

 

"How about we open it together?" Daehyun suggested.

 

"Sure," Hyuna said.

 

She reached over and grabbed the last present. It was just a small plain black box. It felt rather light. Hyuna shook it up and down but heard nothing move. She wondered what on earth it could be. She handed the gift over the Daehyun and they slowly took of the ribbon together.

 

"Hm... so it's a letter... in a box?" Daehyun said in a very confused manner. He received a lot of letters before but none of them ever came like that, in a box. "Well, he or she could've just sent the letter like that, no need for the box."

 

Hyuna grabbed the letter and looked at it. It was addressed to Hyuna and Daehyun but the person didn't write who he or she is. She opened the envelope and looked at the letter. It was written with messy handwriting and smudged ink.

 

"Dear Hyuna and Daehyun,

So, I heard that the two of you got married, eh? I, of course, would like to congratulate the two of you. And also, I keep on wondering why you two didn't tell me about your wedding. And you didn't even invite me! Is that how you should treat your good friend? I don't think so. 

 

You must be wondering how I found out about the wedding. Well, it wasn't exactly a very big secret. Your wedding was rather grand. And I just happened to be staying over at the exact same hotel that you guys had your wedding at. I read the sign, 'Hyuna and Daehyun's wedding', I didn't think that it would be you two but then, I saw your pictures plastered on the poster.

 

I feel rather betrayed and hurt that you didn't invite me. I hope you had a good time at the wedding, though. I really do.

 

And I also really do hope that the both of you don't live happily ever after. I hope one of you gets hit by a car again and maybe this time you would acutally die. I hope you two suffer. I've heard from people that marriage is a hard thing if you're not good at it. From my perspective you two are terrible at doing anything and everything. 

 

Hyuna, I hope you fall into a drain or something. Get chased by wild dogs and attacked to death. Drown in the local pool. Anything. I hope your hair catches on fire and there is nothing around that could extinguish it. I hope you suffer. Daehyun does not love you. You do not love Daehyun. Your marriage is a lie.

 

And Daehyun, I hope you get hit by another car. And hopefully die this time. Poor Zelo had to die for you last time. I hope a pack of hyenas come over to your house and eat you up. I hope you encounter an earthquake and die. I hope you get aids. Your so-called wife is a such a so it wouldn't be much of a surprise if you did get aids. I hope your plane crashes. 

 

I hope the two of you get a divorce within a month of marriage.

 

All the worst,

Kim Himchan."

 

Daehyun and Hyuna both felt shivers down their spine as they read the letter from Himchan. They thought that he had forgotten about them or something since they haven't seen him aorund for years. At some point, they weren't even sure if he was around anymore. But apparently he is around, and he's not very happy.

 

"Oh my god... can we like send this to the police or something? This is harrassment." Hyuna said.

 

"No, no. Don't worry about the letter. I'm sure he's not actually around. I know Himchan long enough to know when he's lying. He's probably just really, really hurt that we didn't invite him. It's not our fault anyway, why would we want to keep in contact with him after all that crap that happened years ago?"

 

"I can't help but think that his threats might be real..." Hyuna confessed, "What if he's just around the corner, with a knife in his hand, ready to stab us to death? What if he has a gun? That's even more horrifying!"

 

"Ssh, don't talk about him," Daehyun reached over and hugged Hyuna tightly, "for now, it's just the two of us. We're safe and happy with each other. Don't care about that stupid letter. He probably just got bored or maybe it's just a prank!"

 

The doorbell suddenly rang, the two of them got up from the ground and walked over to the door hand-in-hand. They opened the door and there stood who they least wanted to see right then. Himchan.