Sister in law

Wedding bells

 

After officially meeting at the house, Minhee and Hyuna went out to a small cafe to have a cup of coffee.
 
"So, how's everything going with you and Daehyun?" Minhee asked Hyuna.
 
"Everything's good," Hyuna smiled.
 
"Aww, you guys are so cute together! When Daehyun first told me about you I was honestly quite skeptical 'cause he's dated so many girls before you but, hey! You guys are getting married now! I'm so proud of you two."
 
Hyuna nodded quietly and sipped her coffee. She still wasn't quite sure of what to say to his sister.
 
"So, tell me about yourself," Minhee said.
 
"Oh, me? I'm in the fourth and last, thankfully, year of college. My major is English literature and... That's pretty much it. What about you?"
 
Minhee tapped her chin thoughtfully and said, "Well, I'm quite adventurous and I love to explore new places. I got my degree in business school a few years ago and I absolutely hated college! I just work as an event planner now and I love my job." She smiled warmly.
 
"That sounds really fun!" Hyuna exclaimed.
 
"It is," Minhee said, "Stop drinking your coffee now. I'm taking you somewhere."
 
"What?" Hyuna asked, surprised.
 
Before she could get an answer, she was already pulled out of her seat by Minhee and dragged to the car.
 
"Where are we going?" Hyuna asked repeatedly.
 
"It's a secret. You'll see, soon. And I promise you'll love it!" Minhee smiled brightly.
 

 

The car came to a stop after a few minutes. Hyuna looked out the window and saw that they were parked outside a big glass building.
 
Minhee turned to her and smiled, gesturing her to get out of the car. They entered the building; which had white walls and matching sleek white furniture. 
 
Minhee and Hyuna went into the elevator and they went to the twenty-fifth floor. 
 
"Ding!" The elevator doors opened and revealed a neat, high end looking office, with leather couches and all.
 
Minhee walked over to the desk and dumped her bag on the table. She settled down into the big comfortable chair while Hyuna just stood there, looking at her like she has grown another head.
 
"This is your office?" Hyuna asked with wide open.
 
"Yup," Minhee grinned, "Living the good life."
 
"Wow! Your office is amazing!" Hyuna admired her surroundings, "but why are we even here?"
 
"To plan your wedding of course!" Minhee chuckled, "Didn't I tell you earlier that I'm an event planner? Events include weddings!"
 
Hyuna raised her brows, she wasn't quite sure of what to say. "So, this means that I will be your wedding planner and since you and Daehyun are still in college I'll plan your wedding for free! I'll get everything done and its going to be perfect!" Minhee exclaimed.
 
"You really don't have to, Minhee. Daehyun and I could work and earn money to get our own planner. It doesn't feel right if you do all the work for free..." Hyuna said gratefully.
 
"It's fine, really. If other people come to me for a favour like this I would never oblige but for my little brother and my future sister in law... How could I make them pay?" Minhee said thoughtfully.
 
"No, I'm serious, I feel bad for not doing anything in return."
 
Minhee stood up from her chair and walked to Hyuna. She grabbed her face with her hands and looked her straight in the eyes, "You taking care of my brother and loving him is more than enough. I've never seen him in a better state than this."
 
Hyuna smiled, obviously touched by Minhee's sweet words.
 
"Thank you for doing this for us..." Hyuna said.
 
"It's no problem at all." Minhee grinned.
 

 

 

After planning out a few ideas for the wedding, Minhee sent Hyuna home.
 
Hyuna walked into the house and saw Daehyun lounging on the couch watching television.
 
"Hey, how was your outing with Minhee?" He asked and smiled warmly.
 
"It was great, actually!" Hyuna mused, "She said that she would plan our wedding for us! For free!"
 
"She did?" Daehyun asked, "So she wasn't kidding when she told me..."
 
"She told you before?"
 
"Well, yeah. She said that she would be happy to plan our wedding for free but I didn't think that she really meant it. Apparently she did mean it!"
 
"She's so nice to me! I like her so much!"
 
"I'm glad you two get along well." Daehyun grinned brightly.
 
"I was so nervous that she wouldn't like me at first. I thought that she would be like one of those sister in laws on television who just hate on their brothers' wives," Hyuna exclaimed, her words flew out faster than a bullet train.
 
"Woah woah, calm down there, babe," Daehyun teased, "she's nothing like that. She loves everyone equally. I'm pretty sure soon enough she's gonna take you shopping and she's gonna pay for all the clothes and stuff."
 
Hyuna chuckled as she settled down on the couch next to Daehyun. They chit chatted through the night, exchanging chaste and sweet kisses along the way.
 
Everything was perfect.