Wanna come over for dinner?

Wedding bells

 

“What the hell do you want from us?” Daehyun hissed at Himchan as he put a protective arm around Hyuna.

 

Himchan raised his brows and grinned slyly. “Why, hello to you, too. Why so angry today, huh? Didn’t you receive my gift?” he asked.

 

“I didn’t greet you and I don’t plan to. Just tell me what the hell you want,” Daehyun spat.

 

Himchan shrugged and tried to peek inside their house. “From what you’re doing, I’m guessing that you’ve already read my letter? Well, if you have then I don’t need to explain any further. I just came around to see if the two of you were still alive, or something.”

 

Daehyun gestured for Hyuna to get away from the door and he stood directly in the doorway, blocking Himchan’s view of the inside. “We are still very alive and very healthy, thank you very much for asking. Now please just leave us two alone.”

 

Himchan chuckled in amusement. “Well, alright. Whatever you say, I’ll just get out of your sight, neighbour.” Himchan said.

 

“Neighbour? What the hell are you talking about?” Daehyun squinted his eyes and gave Himchan one of his deadliest glares.

 

Himchan grinned widely and explained. “Oh, didn’t you notice those moving trucks around the corner of the road? I’m moving in this neighbourhood! And a plus to that is that I get to keep up with you and Hyuna.”

 

Daehyun’s eyes widened and his jaw literally fell to the ground. He had no idea what to say or how to react.

 

“Speechless, I see,” Himchan raised his brows, “Well, I guess I’ll just be going back to my new home and check up on the furniture. Maybe I’ll invite you guys over to dinner someday and you two can invite me over, too.”

 

“You are delirious…” Daehyun hissed through his gritted teeth. His hands clenched into fists and his knuckles turned white.

 

Himchan obviously noticed Daehyun’s anger and he was getting even more amused by it. “Now, now, don’t get angry. There’s nothing to be mad about. Why don’t we just forget about the past and go on with our respective lives and be friendly neighbours to each other? That would be rather wonderful.”

 

“If you wanted us to be friendly neighbours, maybe you shouldn’t have sent us that freaking letter.” Daehyun said.

 

Himchan scoffed, “That letter was just a small speck of what I feel. You have no idea how much I abhor the two of you.”

 

“If you hate us so much then why of all neighbourhoods, move here?” Daehyun asked him.

 

“Well, since our hateful feelings are pretty much neutral, I figured that I would take it to the next level to annoy the outta you two,” Himchan shrugged nonchalantly.

 

Daehyun felt a wave of emotions rush through his frigid body. All he wanted to do was just punch Himchan straight in the face but he knew very well that violence was never the answer. Instead, he reached for the door and slammed it loudly in Himchan’s face.

 

He stormed upstairs to their room. Hyuna immediately stood up and went over to him. “Daehyun, are you okay?” she asked.

 

“I’m fine,” he grunted in reply. “That idiot has some nerve…”

 

“What… what did he say?” Hyuna asked once more.

 

Daehyun shook his head and looked down at the floor. “It’s not just what he said… it’s what he did...” Daehyun looked Hyuna in the eye and continued, “he moved into that empty house at the corner.”

 

Hyuna’s reaction was basically exactly the same as Daehyun’s was before. She was speechless.

 

“I just can’t believe he would go that far to torture us,” Daehyun scoffed. He ran a trembling hand through his hair and sat down on their bed, “Why can’t he just be like everybody else and be happy for us? Why does he have to try to tear us apart?”

 

Hyuna sat down next to Daehyun and hugged him from the side, “I’m sure he’s just doing this because he’s miserable and has nothing better to do… Don’t worry about him, I believe that you and I can go through this. He can’t and won’t break us up. I believe that,” she placed a soft kiss on his cheek.

 

Daehyun let out a sigh and turned to look at her. “I know, I believe that nothing can break us up. But you know what Himchan is capable of, right? He would go through all the extremes just to get what he wants. And both of us know what he wants… he wants us to… separate… I just don’t want you to get hurt… physically…”

 

“I don’t want that to happen either and I don’t want him to hurt you too,” Hyuna sighed.

 

“I guess the best thing for us to do right now is just to ignore him and see how it goes…” Daehyun said.

 

“What else did he say to you earlier?” Hyuna asked.

 

“He just said that he would be all ‘neighbourly’ and stuff… he said that he might even invite us to dinner and he expects us to invite him over, too,” Daehyun cringed.

 

“Ugh, I don’t want him anywhere near our house,” Hyuna wrinkled her nose.

 

“I would go and look at all the houses available in other neighbourhoods right now but… I don’t think we have enough money to move away now. I mean, the wedding just happened. I know we didn’t pay for it and I can’t possibly ask Minhee to help us again…” Daehyun said.

 

Hyuna’s phone suddenly buzzed and she looked at the screen. Although it was a message from an unknown number, she knew exactly who it was from.

 

“Hello, lovely,

I expect you and that little husband of yours to come over tonight for dinner at my place.

 

-Himchan”