a really, really bad thing

Live to Kill

“I just got off the phone with Heechul,” Leeteuk announced as he strolled into the conference room. “He says he won’t be coming in again today. So I guess it’s just the three of us agai—hey, where’s Kyuhyun?”

“Who cares?” A sulky blonde spat out bitterly.

Leeteuk’s eyebrows flew up in suspicion. “What’s wrong with you?”

Sungmin ran a hand through his blonde locks before sighing, “We got into a fight.”

“You and Kyuhyun?”

No, me and my grandmother—yes, me and Kyuhyun, you idiot.” He snapped. “He walked out on me this morning and I haven’t seen or talked to him since.”

“Oh, please,” Leeteuk scoffed. “Everybody knows you two are gonna end up in each other’s arms by the end of the day.”

“I don’t think that’s the case this time.” He said.

“Oh, come on. You’re both just cranky because of the extra work piling up lately—everybody is.” He stated. “Besides, it’s normal for couples to fight.”

“Is it normal for couples to pull their guns out on each other?”

“You’re assassins; it’s understandable.” He shrugged. “What you two need to do is to come to your senses and talk this out so you can realize how much you love each other.”

“I guess,” Sungmin hated admitting that Leeteuk was right. “But there’s something I need to do first.”

“What’s that?”

“To get a big, freaking drink.”


“Kyuhyun?” The bewildered man stood by his door frozen as the assassin invited himself inside. “What are you doing here?”

“I need a drink,” he declared. “A big one.”

“I think I have a couple of beers in the fridge—”

“No, Eunhyuk, none of that sissy stuff,” he refuted. “I need soju.”

“There’s a bottle in the cupboard—do you mind telling me what’s going on here?”

As Kyuhyun dug through his cupboards (knocking over several cups and plates in the process), a victorious squeal escaped his lips once he finally got his hands on the bottle of alcohol. Without even bothering to get a glass, he twisted open the cap and downed half of it in one gulp.

“God, that feels good,” he remarked, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. “What happened to you? You look like a hobo.”

Eunhyuk glared at him, “It’s 8 AM and I just woke up. I had a late shift last night.”

“Doing what?” he inquired with one eyebrow lifted warily.

Eunhyuk scratched the back of his head awkwardly, “Well…once my injuries healed after I left the company, I started moonlighting as a…”

“e?”

Stripper.”

Kyuhyun nearly spit out the soju in his mouth. “That is the most disturbing thing I’ve ever heard.”

“Hey, it pays good money. Plus, I get a lot of tips.” He revealed with a sly smile. “Anyway, this is not about me, this is about you barging in here and drinking all my booze. What’s going on?”

He finished off the remaining alcohol in the bottle with a single sip. “Sungmin and I had a huge argument earlier.”

“What else is new?” he asked blankly. “From what I can remember, you two fight all the time. And it always gets resolved by the end of the day.”

“It’s different this time,” he admitted. “There was screaming and shooting and cursing—”

Again, what else is new?” he rolled his eyes. “Come on, Kyuhyun. You and Sungmin are gonna be fine. Just call him up, apologize and kiss and make up already.”

“That sounds like a lot of work.” He opened the fridge and took out a can of beer. “I think I need a few more drinks.”


“Fancy seeing you here, blondie.” Heechul approached the bar and recognized a certain co-worker drowning his sorrows with a mug of beer. “What brings you here?”

“What do you think, nitwit?” Sungmin asked before taking another sip from his beer. “I came in here to get drunk. And whaddaya know? I’m almost done.”

Heechul smirked as he swirled his cherry cocktail around. “Relationship problems, huh?”

Sungmin turned to him, surprised. “How did you know?”

“I can always tell,” he revealed smugly. “So, what happened?”

“Kyuhyun and I got into this stupid fight,” he started. “I can’t even remember what it was about.”

“Well, consider yourself lucky.” He said. “At least you didn’t have to kill him.”

“You still moping about that stupid dead boyfriend of yours?”

“Can you blame me?” he sighed. “I was crazy in love with the bastard for like, three years. And he pretended to feel the same way. He played with me. And you know what’s sad? I feel guilty. I actually feel guilty for killing the man who manipulated me.”

“Jesus, you talk too much.” He downed the rest of his beer and sighed.

“Geez. Even when you’re drunk, you’re a prick.” He took a sip from his cocktail before continuing. “Ever thought of talking to Kyuhyun and sorting this whole thing out?”

“Maybe later,” he crooned (which Heechul took as the first sign that Sungmin had definitely drunk too much). “I’m not really in the mood to talk to him right now.”

“Better now than—”

“Heechul,” Sungmin, with a dazed smile across his face, lovingly Heechul’s hair. “You’re really pretty.”

“What?” Before Heechul could even react properly, Sungmin cupped his face and smashed their lips together in a kiss full of teeth, tongue and lots of saliva.

He pulled away, “Sungmin, you’re drunk—”

“Yes, I am,” he confirmed before meeting his lips again.

“Sungm—”

“Shh,” Sungmin shut him up with another kiss, his hand slowly running down Heechul’s back to grab his .

It took a minute before Heechul finally decided to respond by wrapping his arms around his waist and pulling him closer. Before they knew it, they were pulling at each other’s clothes in the car, unable to control themselves on the way to Sungmin’s house.


“Mm,” Sungmin smiled as he felt a warm figure cuddle up to him. With a smile on his face, he sighed, “Kyuhyun.”

“No,” a voice that most certainly did not belong to his boyfriend spoke. “It’s Heechul.”

Sungmin’s face fell as he slowly opened his eyes and saw Heechul resting his head on his chest. “Heechul? What the hell—oh my God, tell me nothing happened last night.”

Heechul rolled his eyes, “We’re and waking up in bed together. You do the math.”

“Oh God,” Sungmin held his head in his hands, not only because of the situation he had gotten himself in, but also because his hangover had just hit him. “Heechul, this isn’t—you have to—holy crap, what the hell is happening?”

“I know you’re gonna ask me to leave,” Heechul leaned against the headboard, bringing the blanket closer to his chest. “But I kinda like it here.”

“No, Heechul, if Kyuhyun comes and sees us—”

“If I recall right, the two of you just had a pretty big fight.”

“Yes, but I still love him.” He said, grabbing his boxers from the floor and hastily putting them on. “Heechul, you need to go. We have plenty of time to talk about this later.”

“Oh, so we are talking about this?” Heechul smirked. “In case you’re forgetting, you made the first move.”

“I was drunk,” he pointed out. “Heechul, I’m not gonna ask you again, leave.”

Heechul rolled his eyes, mentally slapping himself for thinking Sungmin would show the slightest bit change just because they had share one night of . “Fine, fine, I’ll go. But don’t come crawling back to me if your boyfriend fails to live up to my—”

Sungmin gathered all of the clothes that looked like Heechul’s and promptly flung them at the older man to shut him up and to shoo him out. “Just go already, for Christ’s sake.”

Even after Heechul left, Sungmin shuddered as he could still feel Heechul’s (surprisingly very skilled) hands on his body, “God, I need a shower.”


Kyuhyun looked into the glass door, smiling at the steam that hugged Sungmin’s hips and the watery soap that ran down his back. Sungmin has always had a body that wouldn’t quit and Kyuhyun has always been crazy about it—even before they started dating.

Soon, Kyuhyun grew impatient with just watching from the other side, and so he lightly tapped on the door to get his attention.

Sungmin jumped at the sound before turning around, “God, you scared the out of me.”

Kyuhyun chuckled as Sungmin opened the door for him and let him in. “I missed you last night. Were you thinking of me while you lay in bed last night?”

“Um, I can honestly say I wasn’t.” Sungmin revealed, a wobbly smile on his face as Kyuhyun left a trail of kisses from his shoulder to his neck.

“Well, I guess I deserve that,” Kyuhyun didn’t even notice the nervousness in Sungmin’s eyes, as he was too busy nibbling on his earlobe. “I’m sorry about yesterday, Ming.”

“Me too.”

“I can’t even remember what we were fighting about.”

“…I do.”

“Well, it probably wasn’t that important anyway.”

“You called me fat.”

“I’m sorry, baby,” Kyuhyun his hair, letting the running water soak his clothes. “But you know, it seems like I’m always in the wrong whenever we have an argument…”

“It’s because you always are.”

“Can we just skip this part and go right to the make-up already?” Kyuhyun proposed, eliciting a smirk from the older boy.

Sungmin removed Kyuhyun’s wet shirt, which had already started to stick to his skin, “That’s the best idea I’ve ever heard.”


“Leeteuk?”

“Oh, hey, Min,” Leeteuk’s eyebrows rose at the purple bruise on Sungmin’s neck. “So I take it by that hickey of yours that you and Kyuhyun have made up?”

Sungmin dropped his gaze, “Kyuhyun didn’t give me this hickey. Though I told him he did.”

“Then who did?” he asked curiously.

“Leeteuk,” Sungmin started with a sigh. “I did a really, really bad thing…”