Him

Broken Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2: HIM

Seunghyun’s POV.

I slowly opened my tired eyes, and scanned the room I was in.

It was a top notch room, with big flat TV screen, air conditioner, fridge, a lot of flowers, comfortable sofa, dining table and such, but sadly, no one was there with me.

In that luxurious room, I—Choi Seunghyun—was alone.

I couldn’t say anything; I just stared at the blank ceiling in front of my eyes and stayed silent. I had no one to talk to, anyway.

Since that accident a month ago, everyone was avoiding me. They treated him like I am a piece of log.

Everyone means everyone—my family; my friends; Black Eagles members; my colleagues; and… just practically everyone.

Choi Seunghyun was in the deepest and the lowest pit in his life.

“Good morning, Seunghyun-ssi,” an old nurse in white clothing opened the door and stepped inside. Her voice was cheerful, genuine and wise. “Have a good sleep?”

The nurse had a smile on her face while approaching me. But I stayed silent. She checked my IV drip, made notes on her paper, and walked around my bed—making sure that everything was in its place. “Do you need something, Seunghyun-ssi?”

I turned my head to face the window to ignore her, but she kept her smile. After a couple of minutes, she put her paper on the table. “Call me if you need help, understand?”

She began to walk away from my bed, but before she got out from the room, she turned her body once more. “By the way, I’m Nurse Jiyeon, but everyone is calling me Gummy.”

Getting no response from me, Gummy got out from my room and left me alone.

I guess… I have to get used to this loneliness immediately.

xxx

 It was a little bit past 2 p.m. when suddenly, a knock was heard on my door.

“Seunghyun.”

There, an old man and an old woman, both in their sixties, stood with powerful aura they both possess. The old man had no emotion in his eyes and seemed as strong as ever, while the old woman seemed less powerful than how she actually is, and her eyes portraying sadness in her tired eyes.

“Appa, Omma…”

They stepped into my room and walked closer to my bed. Appa walked ahead, and Omma followed behind him. “How are you Seunghyun?”

They looked at me with different expression—Appa with his blankness, and Omma with her sadness, but I knew what I would do. I would look at them with anger and disappointment in my eyes. “Cut the bull,” I snapped. “Just realize that you have a son trapped in this rehabilitation center?” I said with sarcasm. My eyes looked straight to them. I clearly didn’t hold back anything.

“Seunghyun… It’s not like that…” Omma replied my sarcasm with sad voice. “It’s just… everything got complicated.”

“Complicated, huh?” I let out a dry laugh. “Were you guys trying to bribe those journalists to not write about my incident? So I wouldn’t be a shame to Choi Family?”

“Seunghyun… You know we won't do something like that…” Omma stepped closer to me and tried to hold my hand. “We tried to find a way to help you out. Believe us, Seunghyun, we tried so hard to figure it out.” Omma took my hand in hers, tried to rub and hold it gently. But being the ungrateful and pitiful son that I was, I pulled my hand and avoided hers.

“Seunghyun…” Omma said with more sadness in her voice. Her hands gripped the bed sheet tightly. “Let us help you. We’ve been receiving bad reports from doctors and nurses that you aren't helping yourself. By not receiving treatment, not drinking your medicine, not cooperating with the doctors and nurses, being ignorant and cold patient, you just damaged yourself, Seunghyun. We want the best for you…”

Maybe it was out of her will, but tears started to show in her beautiful face. She might be old, but she remained gorgeous even though time has passed.

“Bull. If you love me, you wouldn’t just visit me by now.” I didn’t look at their eyes anymore; instead, I looked to the blank, white ceiling. “You won’t leave me in my hardest time of my life. You will be here instead.”

“I really want to, Seunghyun-ah… I do…” still with her tears and shaky hands, she tried to hold my hand. “But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter