Really?

Broken Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11: Really?

“Yah, Yoona, what happened to you?”

Yoona ignored Seunghyun’s question as they walked back to the hospital. She kept her gesture ever since they parted ways with Hyeyoon—pouting lips, creased forehead, and folded hands placed on her chest—and it confused Seunghyun.

“Yah, Im Yoona! Talk to me!”

“Aish!”

“Im Yoona! You are not jealous, are you?” Seunghyun shot the question like it was nothing. He asked it while following Yoona’s unusual fast and long steps.

Yoona didn’t answer the question, but her expression changed for a moment.

And Seunghyun wasn’t that dumb to let her expression change unnoticed. He might be a fool when it came to sensing woman’s heart (come on! Which straight man on earth can sense and truly understand women’s heart?), but his eyesight was perfect and functioned normally. He saw her expression as clear as clear glass. “You're jealous!”

“No I'm not!” Yoona tried to deny it, but her expression said the exact opposite. Her expression clearly changed into an uncomfortable expression like before, but now, it lasted longer. “Keep dreaming, alright?”

Seunghyun—who had noticed the reason why Yoona became gloomy all of sudden—burst out laughing.

“Why are you laughing Seunghyun?!”

Between his continuous and unique laughter—due to his deep and husky voice—he managed to speak something proper and audible at least. “You're silly, you know?”

“NO! I'm not!”

“If you're not silly, why you're getting jealous over my sister, Yoona? She’s really my older sister. Can you see our similarities? We do look really alike, don’t we?”

“But… but… she’s effin gorgeous!” Yoona tried to explain why she got jealous to Hyeyoon, but she herself didn’t know why she got jealous of Hyeyoon. Was it because their closeness? Or was it because she never saw Seunghyun interact with other women other than the nurses and her?

“She still is my sister, Yoona.” Seunghyun had stopped laughing at that point. They walked side by side—no more chasing Yoona for Seunghyun, thank God.

“Why she has different surname, Seunghyun? If she’s really your sister, you both should have same surname!”

“She had gotten married, Yoona. She ran away from home when I was 20 and married her husband—my brother in law right now—when I was 23.” Seunghyun explained the reason why Hyeyoon had different surname as him. The reason, though, surprised Yoona—it made her startle a bit. “No matter how jealous you're, she still is my sister. I may hate my father to the core of my body, but I can say I love my mother and sister to the core of my body too.”

Hearing his words, Yoona couldn’t help but being moved. She never met any man in her life confessing his love to his family verbally. Not even him.

“So I hope you understand everything, Yoona-ah—our closeness, our affection, our bond. I, my sister, and my mom have these bonds that some people don’t understand. That bond formed because a simple reason that my father is a jerk.”

Yoona stopped walking and seeing she stopped, Seunghyun stopped walking too.

“I’m sorry…” Yoona mumbled. She took a glance to Seunghyun, which, welcomed with a gentle smile. “I'm sorry that I being a selfish woman who doesn’t understand anything. I was simply refusing to be mature at this matter before you explained…”

Seunghyun didn’t say anything, but kept his gentle smile on his face. Unlike before, Yoona was now scared that Seunghyun would be mad at her because her childishness.

“I'm so sorry… really.” Yoona now turned her body to face Seunghyun. Seunghyun remained unresponsive to Yoona’s gesture and words.

He might be unresponsive to her, but instead of saying some words, he took her hand, grabbed it firmly, and began to move his wheelchair. Yoona didn’t get the message at first, but some time later—when Seunghyun kept his hand on hers and forced her to walk along with him to quite street where they were the only people there—she finally got it.

They didn’t need to look around their surroundings and environment. In their relationship, what do matters were them; not other man or woman.

With that unspoken message, Yoona knew, they have a bright bright bright future ahead of them.

xxx

One rainy day on the middle of spring, Seunghyun was sitting comfortably on the workshop bench while working on a broken music box. No one was there with him—just FYI, it was Saturday when usually people stay in their room to welcoming their visitors. But Seunghyun had a few visitors, unlike his other colleagues who had lot of visitors.

A few who frequently visit him were Jiyong, Youngbae, Daesung, Seungri, his mom (yeah, she opposed Seunghyun’s father order to not visit Seunghyun), and lately, Hyeyoon. Other than that, not many people visiting him.

You don’t have to be sorry for Seunghyun, though. He already gets used to it.

Suddenly, when he was working with a broken radio, he heard a voice.

A voice he knew since years ago, which frequently visited his ears.

“Seunghyun-oppa.”

Seunghyun turned his head immediately and found none other than Chaerin! That Lee Chaerin, Bom’s precious dongsaeng who is a famous jewelry designer. Lee Chaerin, whose he knew since he dated Bom a few years back. Lee Chaerin, who is willing to castrating any man who hurt her precious friends. Lee Chaerin, who had an image of The Baddest Female among her group!

“Chaerin?”

“Yeah it’s me.” Chaerin smiled weakly—unlike the usual smile Seunghyun used to know. She also wore something casual yet chic—bright blue button up blouse, jeans, white high heels, and her signature Chanel bag. It was so different compared to her usual style he used to saw—he used to see her in provocative clothes in any quirky way possible. Chaerin stood by the door, her gaze fixed on Seunghyun’s face. “How are you, oppa?”

Seunghyun was loss for words. Why in the world after so long, Chaerin came to him and ask how he is doing? Why she didn’t come earlier? Why now, after he broke his engagement to Bom?

“Oppa what happened? Are you feeling sick or something?”

“Ah, nothing.”

“Can I sit down, oppa?”

“Oh, sure sure,” Seunghyun forgot their current surroundings. His mind was occupied with Chaerin who came to visit him and her reason to see him. “Sit here,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter