New Start

Broken Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4: New Start

“GOOD MORNING!”

Yoona barged into Seunghyun’s room, at 9 in the morning, to do the morning check up. She had the bright smile on her face, while Seunghyun was lying on the bed, with permanent frown and crease on his forehead.

“Have a good sleep?” Yoona asked as she walked closer to him. He didn’t respond her question or greeting at all. “Well, if you have that frown, you must be having a bad dream.”

“Shut up.”

Yoona giggled in amusement. That wasn’t her first time dealing with stubborn patients—almost all patients in their 20s or 30s react this way in the first months of their therapy. “I don’t know how to, so you should bear with me, alright?”

Seunghyun turned his head and faced the window, while Yoona was checking up on him. They didn’t make any sound or conversation, but it wasn’t awkward silence that surrounded them. It was pretty nice silence.

“How is your wounds’ condition?” Yoona lifted Seunghyun’s blanket off his legs and examined his wounds. Seunghyun didn’t answer her question and remained silent. “Yah, answer my question!” Yoona pinched his leg and didn’t get any response.

“I can't feel anything down there, okay?” Seunghyun finally blurted out. “You must be dumb to ask me that question. I don’t feel anything, so how I could know my legs’ condition?” Seunghyun emphasized his condition dramatically.

Yoona shrugged her shoulder. “I'm just asking, Choi Seunghyun. Don’t be so emotional.”

“Shut up.”

They didn’t talk anymore, and when Yoona was going to exit his room, she suddenly smelled stinky smell from Seunghyun’s bed. She immediately turned her head and looked at Seunghyun, who was somehow embarrassed.

“What happened?” Yoona approached him with a small smile. She knew this moment would come eventually. “I smell something.”

“Nothing. Go away.”

Yoona smiled and gave Seunghyun I-know-what-happened-so-don’t-you-dare-to-lie-to-me look, and pulled his blanket off his body.

“YAH!”

There it was, there was brown dirt along with yellowish stains on the bed. Seunghyun looked at himself, and sighed deeply.

“Now, you have known what happened, can you please go out from my room? I need to change.”

Yoona laughed at his statement. How could he change himself? Choi Seunghyun, who has refused therapy ever since he admitted, wanted to change by himself? It was ridiculous.

“Don’t be ridiculous,” Yoona pulled Seunghyun’s hospital gown with her own hands. Seunghyun looked surprised at her sudden action. “Never went to any therapy session, and you want to change by yourself? I bet you can't even move from your current position.”

Seunghyun looked surprised and annoyed at her remark, but anger suddenly appeared in his heart. He hates being mocked, and this nurse in front of him, had mocked him for several times in just mere 20 minutes.

“I’ll prove that I can change by myself!”

“Fine, do it.”

Seunghyun tried to take of his own hospital gown, but failed miserably. His mind told his lower body to move, but it won't move at all—no matter how hard Seunghyun’s brain told his lower body to move. He gripped his hospital gown in frustration, and exhaled loudly.

“See? I’ll help you.” Yoona was a step away from his bed, when Seunghyun suddenly moved his hand to stop Yoona.

“Fine! I admit that I need help, but let a male nurse to help me instead of you!” He yelled to me at that point.

“There is no male nurse in today’s morning shift, and if there is, he will be running around to help people who need their helps more than help you change,” Yoona took a step closer and finally stood next to Seunghyun’s bed. She grabbed his hospital gown, and ready to take it off from him. “Don’t worry; I won't do anything. I don’t even feel anything when I help my patients change.”

“NO!” Seunghyun yelled. “You just want to see my body!”

Yoona shook her head in amusement. That wasn’t her first time dealing with something like this, but Seunghyun’s reaction made her amused and excited in the same time (come on! She’s a normal woman who has her needs!)

“Nope.”

And with that final word, Yoona take Seunghyun’s hospital gown off—showing his muscular and lean body of his.

xxx

Yoona.

“YOU!” Seunghyun yelled to me when I had taken his clothes off. I examined his body, and immediately cringed in fright. “DON’T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT!”

Seunghyun’s body is well built, with enough muscles (not too much and not too less, I mean). His skin color is so light, compared to those army soldiers I’ve ever met. But it wasn’t the reason I cringed at his well built body.

Things that marked his body make me cringed in fright.

There were so many scars on his body, probably from his intense training as army soldier. There was large burn on his left side, and from its look, the burn was new. I could see his tattoo pretty clear, even though some part of it was covered with the burn—the tattoo was a writing of ‘No Regrets’, I guess. But the ‘ts’ part was already covered in burnt scar.

“Help me change! Don’t stare at me like that!” he yelled angrily. Okay, I might have seen his body for too long (don’t blame me though. His body is so perfect, even with the scars), and it was understandable if he got angry.

“Alright,” I have to get my senses back before something bad happened. I turned around, and immediately took basin, some cloths, and new set of clothes for him—all were available in his room. When I came back, he was trying so hard to move his body up.

“Don’t force yourself.” I said. “You haven’t attended any therapy session, don’t expect anything.”

“I CAN!”

I nodded my head in agreement, while cleaning his mess. “You can, soon.”

And when I was cleaning his mess and helped him change, we didn’t talk at all. He turned his head—looking embarrassed and ashamed, but he knew he couldn’t do anything.

How about me?

Yeah. I admit that I got hidden excitement when I helped him.

Why?

Because it’s not every day I help a hot man change! LOL.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter