Relationship?

Broken Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

9: Relationship?

Ever since the day Seunghyun had kissed Yoona on her lips, things have gone weird between them.

Yoona was purposely avoiding Seunghyun. She felt so awkward about it. Like… really! What he meant in that kiss? Did he want their relationship going further than how it was? Did he want to show her that he’s a man she couldn’t play with? Did he release his ‘longing’ towards woman? Did he just playing with her mind and heart?

But when she gave their relationship a second thought, they were nothing but nurse and patient. Yes, Seunghyun might give her more interest than any other nurses—he talks more with her, he worries about her, and she is the only nurse who can actually tame him—but… what if Yoona had her hope too high? What if Seunghyun just felt nothing more than a nurse and a patient?

Were this relationship right? Yoona… being in a relationship with Seunghyun?

“Have a bad day?”

“Gummy-unnie…” Yoona—who was having a break at the garden—looked up and saw Gummy held out a can of oolong tea to her. Her lips curved a concerned smile. 

“No,” Yoona shook her head and scooted on the branch, giving space for Gummy to sit. “Just… something happened.”

“What happened?” Gummy asked as she sat next to Yoona. “You don’t have to sulk in such bright day like this, Yoona-ah.”

Yoona opened her canned oolong tea and sipped it. Her eyes didn’t look to Gummy, but straight to the ground. “It’s complicated unnie.”

“You can tell me, you know?” Gummy giggled and tapped Yoona’s shoulder. Yoona finally looked at Gummy, and when she saw Gummy’s smile, she knew she couldn’t hide anything from her.

“It’s embarrassing…”

“Seunghyun had made his move on you, hadn’t he?”

Yoona gasped in shock; her eyes widened; hung open. “How… how did you know?”

Gummy laughed quietly. “I can read you like an opened book, Yoona-ah—many people can do it too. It’s easy to me to tell if you're having a problem or not.”

“How can you know it’s him?”

“He’s the only man who can make you smile brightly in a second or make you frown the second later.”

“But… it may be someone else.” Yoona argued. She didn’t hate the fact that Gummy knew her well—she likes it, actually—but she hated the fact that many people could read her like an opened book. Is she that predictable?

“I have my intuitions.”

Realizing that she couldn’t win this argument, Yoona admitted her defeat. “He kissed me, unnie.”

Gummy looked shock, but she regained her cool quickly. “Really?”

“It happened on the day s came to visit him.”

“Wow… he got the nerves!” Gummy exclaimed too loud for Yoona’s liking. Yoona looked really nervous and hushed her.

“Calm down, unnie! The others can hear you!”

“Why? Aigoo, it’s not like there’s someone around us!” Gummy calmed Yoona who went panic at her loud voice.

“UNNIE!”

“Alright!” Gummy hushed in teasing manner. “Quiter…”

Yoona smiled thankfully to her senior of 6 years. Gummy might right now, but Yoona knew, Gummy is always the reliable unnie she can depend on. “Is this right, unnie? I’m his nurse… he’s my patient. We will cross many boundaries if we decide to go steady.”

Gummy went silent, but her face scrunched. She was definitely thinking hard. “Do you know why Doctor Han never brought her wife here?” She said suddenly.

“No, unnie. Why?”

Gummy looked at Yoona’s direction. Yoona—sensed that she was being looked—looked straight to Gummy too. “Her wife is disabled. She was his patient long time ago…”

“Really?”

Gummy nodded and formed a teasing smile. “Just go for him if your heart tells you to do so.”

“But…” Yoona still looked hesitant about this matter.  

Gummy stood up and tapped Yoona’s shoulder encouragingly. “Just go, Yoong. Don’t worry about the result before you try something.”

Gummy looked straight to Yoona’s eyes—assuring her—and Yoona nodded.

“Thank you, unnie!”

Yoona stood up, a smile and a slight glance of confidence were showing on her beautiful face, and she ran to rehabilitation center building—to do what her heart told her—leaving Gummy alone.

“Ah… young kids…” Gummy mumbled. “I really should find myself a man to date.”

xxx

“What are you doing here?”

“Can I visit my patient without any reason?”

Seunghyun was sitting on his wheelchair, while trying to find something worth to read at the pile of books in a corner of his room, which being brought by everyone—Seunghyun really meant it. Seungri put a novels in that pile, Jiyong put adult magazines, and even the saint Youngbae! He put adult comics in that pile!

“You’ve been avoiding me.” Seunghyun stated simply. His eyes didn’t leave the pile of books and Yoona was eyeing his expression carefully. His expression remained calm and straight. He didn’t seem nervous like her!

“Maybe…” Yoona said. She walked closer to him but he didn’t move a single inch. “But I come to talk about it.”

“What do you want to talk about?” Seunghyun asked straightforwardly. He finally took his eyes off the pile and moved his wheelchair next to the sofa. “Sit down, Yoona.”

Yoona obliged. She didn’t want to talk while stand up too, anyway. “How are you?”

Seunghyun raised an eyebrow. “Why did you ask me all of sudden? Have you gone crazy?”

Whoa… Yoona didn’t expect a cold Seunghyun. She might have been avoiding him for a week, but she didn’t expect him to be this cold like… before.

“What happened to you, Seunghyun? Is something bothering you?” Yoona looked straight to his eyes, but he was clearly avoiding her. “Seunghyun?”

Seunghyun remained silent. But his eyes sneaked glances to her at times. “Why… are you so complicated?” Then, he sighed deeply.

“Why you can say that?”

“I'm confused…” Seunghyun raked his hairs with his fingers. Then he sighed before talking again. “After that day, you’ve been avoiding me. I didn’t know what I should do. Can I think positively? Or… should I think negatively? Is it right to finally open my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter