Escape

Broken Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

17: Escape

All they need was merely 30 minutes before they could depart from the rehabilitation center.

Because after she agreed to his offer, Seunghyun and Yoona immediately rushed to their respective rooms to find whatever they need for their escape. Clothes, personal amenities, money, medicine, foods, and practically everything that could be packed into their bags, but there was no phone.

What’s the use of running away if they bring their cellphones?

After they had their bags ready, they changed into casual clothes—not the ones they wear at the rehabilitation center—and they were ready to depart.

Yeah. They were ready.

xxx

“Are you sure you’ll be alright, Seunghyun?” Yoona asked while they were approaching the bus terminal. They agreed to go to Gangneung, Gangwondo.

There, they could enjoy the beach or the mountain, the sun, the calm atmosphere, and no one they knew lives in Gangneung.

It was a perfect place for running away.

“I’ll be alright, okay?” Seunghyun took Yoona’s hand and grasped it tightly, giving her assurance. He had been rehabilitated for a while, he should be alright to go from the rehabilitation center.

But Yoona didn’t buy Seunghyun’s answer. Her expression remain worried, because deep inside, she knew that Seunghyun hasn’t fully recovered yet. He still needs his therapy and medicine, something she couldn’t provide alone and without equipment. “Don’t hesitate to tell me if you need something, alright? If you feel any pain or uncomfortable with your body, don’t hesitate to tell me.”

Seunghyun smiled. “I will Yoong.”

Eventhough Yoona didn’t believe Seunghyun’s assurance, she let it pass and continued to walk side by side with him to the bus station in silence. Both were engrossed with their own mind and thoughts.

Is this the best choice for both of them?

Is this the right thing to do—to be selfish and let others who love them suffer in process?

Will they find what they’re looking for—happiness—through this escape?

Those questions were running through their mind repeatedly, but none of them could find the answer.

Because, time and their journey will tell them the answer for those questions.

xxx

They were lucky enough to find kind people who helped them into the bus—especially Seunghyun. Now, they were seated peacefully in the back of the bus, Seunghyun’s wheelchair folded neatly next to them.

And they weren’t in silence anymore.

As soon as they settled themselves in the bus seat, they started to talk about small things like what they did in the morning, what they recently do, what was the last movie they watched, popular drama that being aired in TV, everything! They even talked about how Seunghyun’s relationship with his family nowadays. But, there was a topic they never dare to mention.

That topic is related with Bom, Yunho, and their future.

Both of them didnt want to mention that topic for the sake of each others’ feelings. Because once the topic was mentioned, both of them also known that somebody’s feeling will be ruined and will ruin the entire escape.

“So, Yoong,” Seunghyun looked straight into her eyes as he tucked Yoona’s hair into a side then started to caress her cheek. “Is this just me… or you do lose some weight?”

Yoona raised her eyebrow at Seunghyun while grabbing Seunghyun’s hand on hers—making it placed on her cheek. “I don’t know,” Yoona flashed a smile. “I never pay attention to those details. You already do know that I’m naturally skinny, no matter how much I eat, don’t you?”

“I know,” Seunghyun showed her his-too-charming-smile-for-his-own-good. His hand stayed on Yoona’s cheek. “But I still think you’re thinner nowadays. Eat a lot, will you?”

Yoona laughed and nodded. “I always eat a lot, Tabi. You know that.”

“You eat a lot more than me, Yoong,” Seunghyun laughed. “I wonder why I used to have chubby cheeks and you didn’t, considering that you’re the one who eat a lot.”

Yoona laughed heartily and pinched Seunghyun’s cheeks. “Aigoo this fat baby,” Yoona teased and as a response, Seunghyun pout cutely—which was too cute for Yoona’s liking and preference. “Don’t pout. It makes me want to kiss you.”

“Then, do it.” Seunghyun smiled mischievously to her and seeing that, Yoona’s cheeks blushed immediately.

“Seunghyun! We are in public place!”

“So?” Seunghyun shrugged his shoulder. “There were only 3 people besides us.”  By the time Seunghyun said this, his hand grabbed Yoona’s shoulder and moved her closer to him.

“Still! Don’t you feel embarrassed if someone watch us?”

Seunghyun grinned at her comment. “Look Yoong,” Seunghyun pointed the remaining 3 people on the bus with his free hand, while his other hand still grabbed Yoona’s shoulder to prevent her to move away. “They are busy with their little own world, so don’t worry.”

It was true, indeed. The remaining 3 people were all solo traveler, and all of them were seated far from their seats. One of them had earphone on, the other one was sleeping quietly, and the last one was dozing off while looking to the windows. None of them paid attention to Seunghyun and Yoona.

“But still!”

“Aigoo,” Seunghyun moved his face closer to hers. His forehead met hers and their lips were an inch apart. “Should I really kiss you?”

Yoona was speechless. She did know that Seunghyun is a playful-kind-of-guy, but she didn’t expect him to be playful in public places!!

“If you don’t say anything, I take it as a yes.” Seunghyun smiled and kissed her gently on the lips.

And the kiss… it wasn’t tacky, wasn’t corny, and wasn’t exaggerating anything.

The kiss was quick, yet sweet and full of affection—as she could feel his lips curved upwards into a smile when it met her lips. By that time, she knew that their escape…. Was somehow right for them…

At least for now.

xxx

They spent 3 hours on the bus as they talk, tease, eat, and sleep before reaching their destination, Gangneung, and by the time they reached Gangneung, the sun was setting beautifully. They spent 5 minutes staring at the beautiful sunset in silence.

“Isn’t it beautiful?” Seunghyun asked in his wheelchair. His eyes didn’t shift from the beautiful scenery in front of them.

“It is.” Yoona nodded. “I wish we can come again here. But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter