Confusion

Broken Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
15: Confusion

“I’m so glad that I finally can see you, Yoon…” Yunho said as he Yoona’s shaken back lovingly. They haven’t moved from their previous spot, with everyone’s eyes—including Seunghyun’s—on them. “I thought I won’t see you anymore.”

“I’m so glad you are finally back…” Yoona’s voice—muffled with sobs—was heard. She looked up and saw Yunho’s eyes. The eyes she loved years ago—the eyes that captivated her with loving and passionate gaze, unlike Seunghyun’s gaze who captivated her with charismatic but warm gaze. “I thought… I thought…” Yoona wasn’t able to finish her words as her lips were being shut by Yunho’s finger.

“Don’t say anything. The most important thing is, I’m back, alive and healthy.”

Yoona nodded and released her hug. Then she nodded and smiled softly. “Hmm.”

“Yoong,” suddenly, a deep baritone voice could be heard. The voice was clearly belongs to Seunghyun.

Yoona turned her body and saw Seunghyun with confusion and sadness all over his face. Yoona guessed he must have assumption about who Yunho is. “Yes Seunghyun?”

“Who’s this man?” Yoona could tell that Seunghyun was really hesitant to ask the question, shown by his body gesture and his scared eyes gazes.

Hearing his question, suddenly guilt crept up to Yoona’s body.

What should she do with Seunghyun, who had promised her to mend her broken past?

What should she do with Seunghyun with his decision regarding Bom? He said that they would figure it out together, right?

What should she do with her feelings toward Seunghyun and Yunho? She couldn’t lie that she loves them both.

What would happen to them? Will ‘them’ still exist for Seunghyun and Yoona?

Now… because they both had respective partners to be accompanied with, would they still have the chance to be together?

Yoona remained silent, as her mind wander to the questions popped into her head and Yunho, seeing her silence, decided to answer Seunghyun’s question.

“I’m Jung Yunho,” Yunho stepped closer to Seunghyun and extended his hand to him. “I’m Yoona’s husband who was missing 4 years ago. You must be her patient, right? I’m sorry, what’s your name?”

Seunghyun welcomed Yunho’s extended hand and shook it slowly. “Yes, I’m her patient,” Seunghyun took a pause and also a deep breath before saying his name, “and my name is Choi Seunghyun.”

xxx

After the tearful reunion of Yoona and Yunho, Yoona offered Seunghyun to take him to his room, but he politely refused. Yoona didn’t argue at his decision. Because she knew, they needed some time alone. They needed time to sort these s inside their own head before they talk again about them; about their love; about their life; about their future.

Yoona also needed to talk with Yunho about what had happened to him, so Yoona decided to call the day off and headed home with Yunho.

“Do you miss it?” Yoona asked as they walked side by side through the aisle of their apartment in Itaewon.

“Miss what, Mrs. Jung?” Yunho playfully asked. “Did you just ask me what I miss the most?”

“Hmm…” Yoona nodded. “Do you miss Seoul? Do you miss our home? Do you miss your family?”

Yunho kept walking to their apartment, but instead of answering her question, Yunho smiled brightly.

“If you asked me what I miss the most, the answer is you.” Yunho suddenly hugged Yoona from behind when they finally reached their apartment’s door—and they stood still at their current position for a minute before Yunho continue his words. “When I couldn’t do anything and under the care of the Afghanistan, what I thought the most were you and our son. What are you doing, would you be alright without me, what kind of reason the officials told you about my condition, and practically everything about you and our son. I didn’t even meet him, but I wondered much about him.”

Yoona stiffened when Yunho mention their son. What she should tell him about their son and his SIDS?

“Both of you were my greatest motivator during that time, Yoon.”

His statement should make her cry in happiness—come on, which woman wouldn’t cry for that very moving sentene?—but it didn’t. It just made her stiffened even more.

“Oppa…” Yoona made Yunho released his grip around her waist and turned her body to face him. “Can I tell you something?” Yoona said with worried and anxious expression.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter