For A Good Cause

Undercover
His hand slams across the table loudly. "Stop telling me lies!" Yunho tempered his voice with a cough. "If you work with us, we will curtail your sentence, now tell us."

Aiden leaned against his chair, staring at the mirror that was actually a one sided glass mirror. Krystal was watching inside. "I am telling the truth."

Yunho, sighing, sits back down. "You must be oblivious of who I am. My name is Jung Yunho, you killed my uncle three years ago... Ring any bells?"

Aiden scoffs. "Out of all the people I've killed, do you think I am the type of person to remember their names? Don't be childish."

"You don't recall your very first murder? On the records, this was your first felony." Yunho taps the folder. "All I want from you is a confession."

"A confession?" Aiden laughs. "Who's going to believe me? I'm just a scapegoat."

"Scapegoat my a-" The door opens. Krystal walks in. "What do you want."

"I'll handle it from hear, the department head wants to talk to  you." Krystal nods to the door. 

Yunho glares at Aiden, then reluctantly left. "I will give you ten minutes."

Krystal sits down and runs through the folder. She opens to a page with a picture of the bodies. "You did this?" She doesn't peek at the picture, she's seen it in real life. 

Aiden stares at her. He restrains his hands from trying to caress her face. His hands begin to shake. 

"Look at the picture, not at me." Krystal taps the photo lightly. "You know who these people are right?"

"Yes." He tugs at the handcuffs that were a little to tight.

"It says here that you murdered them because they were a hinderance to your parent's company. Is that true?" 

"I didn't kill them." He stresses it against for the thousandths time. 

"But on at the site, I heard you were repeating the phrase 'I did it'." Krystal looks at her fingers. "Lying is going to make your situation worse."

"I'm not lying." Aiden stands up. "I want my lawyer."

"For what?" Krystal calmly gazes at Aiden who seems restless. "Is it because you killed them and your out of excuses?"

Aiden grits his teeth. "None of you were there so I don't want to spend my time trying to convince you obdurate people." 

"So it's established you were there, at that exact time, the exact moment when they were stabbed. Tell me, in that time what were you doing, if supposedly you are innocent." Krystal massages her arm. 

Aiden bit his lip. He looked down. "I watched as they were..."

Krystal's eyes widen but she then ignores the idea. "And you just watched? How did the blood end up all over you hands? And your clothes?"

Closing his eyes, as if reliving the moment. "He made me wipe his dirty hands on my clothes."

"Who is 'he'? Your accomplice?"

"No, I merely came to their residence to prepare for a birthday party. When I arrived, the victims hid me in a closet, to keep me safe." Aiden clenches his teeth, "They saved me.. From sharing their same fate."

"Aiden Liu. As I told you earlier, lying is not permitted." Krystal almost snarls. "Speak only the truth."

"I am not going to continue with this interrogation. If you want to keep asking question, go ahead, but I'm not going to answer you." Aiden zips his lips and leans against the chair, closing his eye. 

Krystal glares at Aiden as Minho walks in and whispers to her. "Yunho said that I had to giv eyou only ten minutes. He's going to put Aiden in a cell."

She nods slowly and gets up. Minho opens the door and two officers come in. 

Aiden opens one of his eyes. Shocked, he tries to fight off Kai's hands. 

"Cooperate with us, or we will shoot you." Kai smiles at him.  

"Take him gently." Krystal orders and Kai nods slightly. 

"Krystal sunbae, may I speak with you afterwards?" Kai asks, glancing at Aiden sideways. "I had a question."

"If you dare land a finger on her, I swear." Aiden growls.

"What will you do? You're a caged bird. You can't do anything." Kai drags him to the cell and locks the door sneering. "I can't believe you sell me out so easily... Remember what I told you that day?"

"I swear I'm going to get out of here, and with my freedom, I'm going to watch as you die by my hands." Aiden slams the against the bars. 

"I'm sorry, but you need to be put out." Kai takes out a tranquilizer gun and shoots Aiden. "Calm down and go to sleep."

Aiden slumps down, as he loses consciousness. The last thing he saw was Kai's smile. Disturbing. 

Krystal sat at her desk as Minho peers at her from her shoulder. "Want to go out for some coffee? You seem stressed."

"I'm fine." Krystal pushes him away. "Leave me alone."

"I can't do that. Ai- I mean Yunho told me to look after you." Minho corrects, holding his mouth at his almost failure. 

"I'm tired and I don't want to be around a noisy annoying person." Krystal glares at Minho. He freezes up. 

"One cup won't hurt, would it?." Kai enters the conversation with a smile. "I had something to talk to sunbae about."

"Tell me now, I can deal with only one person right now." Krystal massages her head. 

"I think that we went to the same high school, may I know your class number?"

"You went to Seoul High too?" Krystal looks at Kai. 

"Yes, ah my name is Kai." He bows and Minho looks at him, in disbelief. 

"I'm sorry, but speak with her another time, we need to go talk about something private." Minho grabs Krystal's hand and drags her outside. 

"Why did you bring me outside..." Krystal sighs. "It's cold."

"And that's why we get coffee." Minho grabs her had and leads the way to a nearby cafe. "Stress is best relieved with a hot chocolate." 

Krystal raises an eyebrow. "Are you secretly a gay? How did you know that?"

"I am observant. Girls like the sweet things." Minho shrugs. 

He orders two hot chocolates and tells Krystal to sit. 

Krystal massages her temple, every word from Aiden shot at her heart. How could he care so less about his' former girlfriends parents? She sighs as she wants to believe him. Aiden never lied to her before and now, it's painful. 

Minho sets down the mug in front of a dazed Krystal. The aroma makes her smell it. He chuckles. 

"Thanks." She mutters and takes a sip. 

"Careful." Minho puts his cup down. "It's hot."

"I know." Krystal has a milk mustache and Minho cracks up. "What?"

"It's nice to know your a man." He points out her facial hair. 

She rolls her eyes. "It's not even real. So what was the private thin you needed to tell me?"

Minho looks around. He didn't have a reason, he just wanted Kai to stay away from her. "Unmm..."

"Don't tell me you're confessing...." Krystal has a disgusted face. "I know I'm playful, but it's not done for that way."

Minho closes his mouth. He look down blushing. She completely misunderstood him. But... This could work?

"Look Oppa, I don't feel any chemistry okay?" She tries to soothe the boy who she misunderstood but since she is dense she doesn't understand the situation at all.

Minho sighs and makes eye contact with Krystal. "I..."

He used hand gestures to try to explain to her. "I think... I'm in love with...... With you."

She gasps, horrified. "R-r-really? Really?"

Minho cries inside. Its for a good cause. IT UP!!! "Yeess? I think?"

Krystal gives him a odd look. "You think you love me? Don't worry peacock brain, that means you like being friends with me."

"I'm pretty certain I love you." Minho says, conquering his hesitation.