Love Is Blind

Undercover
Aiden woke up. It was all white. His eyes tingled but he ignored it, must have been a side effect of sleeping for a long time. He sat up, and everything seemed so peaceful as he recalled the horrid conditions of Kai's room. Looking around, he saw Krystal sleeping on the next cot and he frowned. 

"Am I in heaven?" He says aloud, hoping for a man with wings to confirm it. 

"No." A tall man appears. It was Yunho. "Your in a hospital."

Aiden tenses up. "Are you here to arrest me?"

"Your charges have been dropped. We found the true culprit." Yunho seems laconic. "I'm very sorry, about your run in with the police."

"It's a good thing I paid your head director my money. Or you would have got to me last year." Aiden rubs his arm. "I'm assuming Kai is undergoing trial soon?"

Yunho nods. "He pleaded guilty earlier when we arrested him." 

Aiden looks at Krystal. "Is she all right?"

Yunho clears high throat. "She's fine. I need to be leaving." Yunho departs quickly. 

Aiden looks at his body, it was covered in bruises, but nothing large so he took off the wires and water pack. 

Walking to Krystal, he touches her face, tearing. "I can't believe how we're still alive."

He continues to her face, when a figure pops out to his left. 

"You're awake." Minho says, holding flowers. 

"Yes." Aiden doesn't look at him. "Who are those for?"

"Her." Is all that he said. "Tough first mission."

Aiden glances at Minho, there was a smaller figure beside him. A girl. 

"You're Aiden Liu?" The girl asks. 

He nods. "You are?"

"Luna... She must really love you." Luna says. "Excuse me." She dashes from the room with tears. 

She leaves Aiden confused. "What?"

"It's nothing, just some hard information we came across." Minho shuts his mouth. 

"Thanks for saving us." Aiden sighs. "I really thought we were going to die."

"If I was a split second late, you wouldn't be here. We saw Kai put something into your eyes and had your eyes checked as fast as possible."

"Was everything okay?" Aiden asks, worried. 

"Ask Krystal, I have to leave." Minho places the flowers on a nearby table and leaves quickly. Everyone seems to be leaving after they greet him. 

Turning his attention back to Krystal, he examines her body. Large discoloration on her arms, and a slight cut at her neck. Other than that she seemed perfectly normal. 

Stirring, she moves her hands. Aiden waits as she sits up. He bit his lip, smiling. 

"Krystal?" He asks, touching her hand. 

She looks in his direction but her eyes are closed. "Aiden?"

Aiden smiles at kisses her. "We're safe."

She smiles. "Thank God." 

Aiden frowns. "Do you have eye boogers? Is that why you won't open your eyes?"

She bites her lip. "No. That's not the reason."

"Wait." Aiden holds his breath. "You didn't."

"Didn't what?" She searches for his face with her hands. "I'm perfectly fine."

He grits his teeth. "Open your eyes."

"Aiden I said-"

"Open them!" Tears weld in his eyes as she opens them, but the eyeballs don't focus on anything. "Why?"

She gives a weak smile. "I felt bad. And this is how I'll repay you."

"Felt bad?" He nearly shouts. She seems frightened. Aiden softens his voice. "You didn't have to Krystal. I would have been fine."

She scoffs. "How would you be fine? He poisoned your eyes... Your beautiful eyes." Her head hangs low. "And you wouldn't be able to see my face."

Aiden hugs her tightly. "I'm going to get this fixed right now."

"Why... I did this for you and I don't want to live in a world where you are blind." She grabs his hand as he gets up. "Don't leave."

He halts and sits back down. "I won't."

"Good. Now show me the bathroom. I'm kind of blind." She tries to joke. Aiden looks down, guilty. "Don't make a sad face."

Aiden gently picks her up bridal style and carries her to the bathroom. He sets her down on the toilet and kisses her softly. 

She pushed him. "I have to pee. Leave." 

He gives a small laugh and leaves. When he returns, Jessica, in a wheelchair, approaches him. "Aiden Liu?"

He bows. "Yes. Nice to see you again, noona."

"Is my sister in the bathroom?" She asks. He nods. "How are you two? I heard you guys arrive at 2 am. It was crazy."

"We're fine." Aiden replies. "How is your therapy going?"

"Just fine. I'll be released in two months." She beams and turns her attention to the bathroom. Krystal was knocking on the door. 

"I'm done." She taps the door until Aiden opens it and brings her outside. "Thank you."

"Krys. Jessica is here." Aiden whispers and Krystal brightens up. 

"Unnie?" Aiden leads her to Jessica. Jessica frowns. 

"What's wrong with her?" Jessica demands Aiden. He shrinks. 

"I'm fine." Krystal shrugs off her sister. "My eyes just don't function anymore."

"Your eyes?" Her sister exclaims. "What happened at that ski resort?"

"Ski resort?" Aiden frowns. 

"Isn't that where the accident occurred? You must be losing your memories." Jessica shakes her head. "Skiing in the winter is dangerous, especially when you are inadequately dressed."

"Its all right." Krystal pats Aiden's back. 

Jessica nods. "I'll be leaving, I have a lesson in a couple minutes."

"Bye." The two say and Jessica leaves. 

Aiden helps Krystal to her bed. "When do we leave?"

"Leave? We?" Aiden jokes. 

"Of course." Krystal punches his arm. "I hate hospitals."

Aiden is surprised that Krystal punched him directly on the shoulder. "It should take a couple days, a week at most."

"Awww." Krystal groans, laying back down. "Hey. Come here."

"Hm?"

Krystal pats the empty room beside her. "Come here. I'm cold."

Aiden clears his throat and slowly gets beside Krystal. She lays her head on his shoulder. "Thats better."

Aiden takes her hand. "Thanks."

"Its no big deal." Krystal elbows him. "Now I don't have to see your ugly llama face."

Aiden pouts. "Lucky you..."

"I'm kidding." She smiles. "I love you."

Aiden captures her lips. "I love you too." They both smile and kiss again, deeper this time.