Hiking

Undercover
"She knows." Aiden holds his head. "I'm so sorry Soojung. I didn't mean too. Someone told me to say it. I really didn't do it."

At the same time, Krystal sneezes. "Jeez, I must be popular with so many people talking about me."

Aiden paces in his room, frightened by how normal  Krystal acted around him, even with the knowledge that she thinks he killed he parents. Why was she so normal? Did she forget too? Was this a second chance?

"I need to ask her." He rubs his head. "But how will I say it, hey Krystal, how did it feel to know that I supposedly killed your parents?" He sighs. 

Tired and stressed, he tries to sleep. Staring at the ceiling, he decided to call Krystal, he needed to know. 

Ring ring ring. She doesn't pick up. 

He sighs. Maybe she was testing him. To get closure? To get revenge? To start over? 

"I guess I'll ask her tomorrow." He closes his eyes and drifts asleep. 

Krystal heard her phone vibrate, she checked the caller, it was Aiden. She decided not to pick up, her cover as a college student needed to seem real, so she faked that she was sleeping. One mistake and he would find out. 

She looked at herself in the mirror. She would get revenge, even if it meant losing her job. Screw the mission from Yunho, this was more suited for her style. 

Krstal washes up and goes to bed. This night, she didn't get any nightmares, oddly. She woke up to a sunny day and a text from Aiden saying he would stop buy to buy her breakfast. Her eyes grow large as it is nearly eight now. Quickly she dresses and she freshens up. 

At eight thirty, Aiden rings the doorbell and she comes out with a smile. He smiles back and leans in to kiss her. They part and he grabs her hand. 

"Good morning." He greets and squeezes her hand lightly. "How did you sleep?"

She answered truthfully. "I slept like a log."

"A log? You must have been tired." He leads her to his car and opens the door for her. "I know your in college so I'll drop you at school, if that all right."

"Even better, I have no class today." She smiles at him. "Let's go somewhere."

"No class? Hmmm." He gets in. "Movie?"

"Sure and what else?" She needed to have a lot of interaction for him to fall for her. In high school, she took some drama classes, so acting came a bit easier.  

He stared at her for a bit. "Then some coffee." 

"How about we go hiking." She offers. "It's supposed to be real sunny."

"Isn't that a little long?" He asks and she glares at him. He immediately shuts up and nods. "Hiking it is."

She smiles at him and his heartbeat quickens. This girl, he thought. I love her even though we've been apart. 

First they go eat breakfast at a diner. 

Aiden watches carefully as Krystal orders a bunch of food. "Can you eat all of that? You're so skinny."

"If you're buying, then yes." Krystal seems excited. She must love food. 

"I am, but I'm worried that you will puke in the car." Aiden orders his food. 

"I won't. If I do, I'll kiss you." Krystal says simply. Aiden laughs. 

"Don't worry, I'll kiss you plenty of times."

Krystal shrugs and waits patiently for her food. 

As Krystal eats, Aiden stares at her. How would he bring up the subject? Would she change? He ignores it all and begins to dig in. 

After, Aiden drives to the countryside. The drive is long and Krystal falls asleep. Once they arrive, he gently wakes her up and she yawns. He smiles at how adorable she is. 

They go hiking up a mountain and to Aiden's surprise, Krystal is remarkably sporty. She would take short cuts and leave Aiden in the dust. 

Aiden made his way up carefully and once at the top, Aiden hugged Krystal from the back. At first she seemed alarmed and was tense, but she relaxed shortly.

Up the mountain, the view was extraordinary. They could see rivers, the expansion of trees, and the tiny buildings far in the distance that was a city. It felt as if they were giants. 

"So beautiful." Aiden mumbled. 

"Thank you." Krystal said. 

"Not you, the scenery." He nudges her. "But you're beautiful too."

She smiles. "I know."

"Going to say anything for me?" He asks, leaning in to look at her face. 

She shakes her head. "Nope."

He groans and pulls her off the ground. "Well I don't need compliments from you." 

"Put me down~" She whines as Aiden shakes her. 

He laughs and puts her back down. "So cute."

"How? The trees are ugly and that bush makes it look deformed." Krystal points to the nearby forest. 

He chuckles. "I meant you. You're so cute."

She turns a bit red and Aiden pecks her cheek. 

"No more compliments." Krystal smacks Aiden. He flinches, but nuzzles into her neck. 

"Never." He growls and picks her up bridal style. She yelps and smacks him again, but Aiden takes the pain. "Let's get you some lunch."

Right as he said that, her stomach growled. He laughed and she blushed. 

"Can you carry me all the way down? You seem weak." She notes at his arms become a bit shaky. 

Those words ignite a fire of determination. Aiden begins to walk down and Krystal's eyes widen. 

"Put me down." She says. Aiden ignores it and continues down. "If you drop me, I could get hurt."

Looking around, he spots a nearby lake. Grinning he heads there. 

"Put me down!!" She struggles in his arms but he tightens his grip and walls faster. 

"You left your phone in the car right?" He asks. "And your camera is with me."

"Why are you askin- don't you dare put me into the water." She glares at him. "Don't."

"It will cool you and your temper off." He grins evilly. "And I'll just have to heat you up."

He reaches the waters and Krystal grabs his neck. "If I die you die with me!"

His eyes widen. "CAMERA!"

They fall forward and splash into the water.