The Date

Undercover
Krystal keeps checking herself in the mirror. It was almost until the date and it would be a lie if Krystal said she didn't put forth effort into looking good. She put on makeup. 

She sighs and grabs her purse and leaves the house. 

Minho is waiting in the car and she gets in. He immediately bombards her with a question. "Was the line tapped yesterday?"

Krystal stares at him with disbelief. "You actually believed me?"

"Yes and I checked the line yesterday. It was clear."

"Obviously. It was a joke."

Minho frowns and groans. "Yunho will scold me for telling a lie now."  

"You're welcome."

"Say you did it." Minho pleads with clasped hands. "I'm on my second strike."

"What a big baby. Face your faults like a man!" Krystal smacked him and checked the mirror again. 

"Feeling vain? It's okay. You look pretty." Minho rubs his arm. "I'm sure Aiden will fall for you."

"Who could resist this?" Krystal did a hair flip and Minho cracked up. Krystal hits him again. "Stop laughing. Men go nuts for this."

"Who in the world wants to see a shrek do a hair flip?"

Krystal rolls her eyes and straightens her clothing. "I guess you lived too little to understand the charms of a college student."

"... Whatever. We're here your highness. Now scram." Minho nudges her. Krystal sighs and takes a deep breath. 

Making her way into the restaurant, Krystal quickly sat down and Aiden was waiting for her. She bowed slightly. "Sorry I'm late. Traffic was horrible."

He flashes a quick smile. "Well I'm glad you still made it."

Krystal returned a smile and looks at the menu. "Did you order yet?"

"Ah yes, and I ordered a medium rare steak for you, if that's all right."

"That's so weird." Krystal frowns. "Thats my favorite."

"I had a odd feeling you would like it." Aiden tries to suppress his happiness that Krystal still liked the rare steaks. He stared at her as she put her menu down. 

Krystal met his gaze and he looked away, blushing a bit. "So Mister.....? Uh."

"Liu. I'm Aiden Liu."

"Mister Liu, I have a question." She leaned forward, showing skin. "What do you do for a living?"

Aiden pushes her back, the sight was too unlike the old Krystal and he furrows his brow. "I am the son of a company owner."

"Really? So you come from a wealthy background." Krystal reaches to touch his hands. "Your fingers seem so rough and coarse."

"I work in the field." Aiden leans forward. "I don't like being a person who reaps the benefits of other's work."

Krystal glares for a millisecond, then she brightens her expression and comments. "I like hardworking men."

"Well you're going to love me then." Aiden said as the food came out. "Enjoy the dinner."

Krystal nodded and cut a piece of meat and took a taste. It was not poisoned, so it's safe to eat. She exaggerates a act of how well it tastes and she cuts a piece for Aiden. "Have a bite?"

He hesitated, but still took it. He munched on it slowly, savoring the taste and grimaced. "I hate medium rare. Steaks are good when fully cooked."

Krystal giggled and took a bite. "You need to grow up."

"I am an adult. I just enjoy the children's menu." He sticks out his tongue. "So... What do you do?"

"I'm in college, studying physics. I want to be a physics teacher."

"I admire you. I tried college and I dropped out."

"Learning is fun." Krystal playfully punches Aiden. 

"To you maybe. But I find it so hard."

"Years from now, you could regret not going to college. Nowadays you need a degree to find a job."

"I'm going to inherit my parents company, I'll be fine."

"Lucky you." Krystal sighs and plays with her knife. "Do you know self defense?"

"You are random aren't you?" Aiden brushes his lips with a napkin. "And yes I know self defense. Why?"

"Just wondering. I learned some moves from my friend, want to try?" Krystal intended to break a bone on accident, claiming she didn't know the risks. 

"How about when we go outside, doing it here is kind of odd." Aiden groans silently. He didn't know any self defense. 

Krystal and Amber eat quickly and they head outside. Amber s his sleeves and rolls them up, Krystal ditches the heels. They smile at each other. 

Krystal advances and tries to twitch Aidens left arm behind his back, Aiden sidesteps it and somehow they end up hugging, Krystal fitting between his neck. Her breath against his skin makes Aiden's heartbeat quicken. Krystal just stays put and looks up at Aiden. For a split second she recalled the old Aiden who was caring and a gentleman. She thoughts faded as she sees Aiden leaning in for a kiss. She cringes at the thought of kissing him, but endures and their lips touch. 

Aiden's heartbeat is speeding like a car over the speed limit. He didn't expect his heart to be so erratic. He parted lips with Krystal and kissed softly again. He could feel Krystal embrace him. 

While holding the kiss, he smiles. Krystal was forever and always his. His other half. No one could replace him or her. 

Krystal tried her best not to punch Aiden. When their lips touched, Krystal felt ashamed that her feelings have not changed despite what he did. Even though he killed her parents, she still loved him. She returns the kiss and nuzzle's his neck. She could feel his heartbeat, it was going crazy and she smiled. 

After they part, Aiden shyly speaks. "That was quite nice."

Krystal confesses. "Yes it was."

"I know this may be crazy and too soon, but would you become my girlfriend?" Aiden looks into her eyes, searching for an answer. 

Krystal smiles and nods. "Yes Aiden." Krystal grins inside, this mission is too easy. 

Watching the two, a man smirks. "So you two found each other again. This time I won't let you off so easy."