She Knows

Undercover
"Thanks for driving me home." Krystal walks up her steps. Aiden walls beside her. 

"This is where you live?" He quietly observes the neighborhood. It seemed friendly.

"Remember I'm a college student, I don't have all the money in the world to buy what I want." Aiden smiles sadly, he knew why. She was a orphan, lost her parents. Krystal had to survive on her own. 

Aiden gently nods and leans in to peck her cheek. "All right then. I know this seems fast, but I feel like I've known you my whole life." 

Krystal forces a smile. "I feel that too."

"Well. Good night." Aiden hugs her tightly and goes back to his car. Krystal smiles as he leaves and once she's inside, she falls to the ground. 

She told herself she wouldn't be like this... Weak. Coward. Krystal slams her hand on the ground. "Your trying to mess with me again..." 

Krystal wouldn't fall for Aiden again. Not after what he's done. But what if, by some meager chance, he is innocent? She shakes her head, throwing that thought away. That's what she originally thought before she heard him say it.

*** Flashback ***

Krystal was coming home from her volleyball club and it was her birthday, she would be turning 15. Aiden said he would stop by. She knew he was planning a surprise party, he couldn't lie to her. 

She joyfully skipped home, only to find the gate open with a ominous  tone. Her door was bashed open and she ran inside, scared of what happened. 

There was a pool of blood leading into the living room. Krystal held her breath. Something was wrong. Terribly wrong. 

Gathering up her courage, Krystal takes a step forward, quietly. She peaks into the living room, and she gasps. 

Her mother and father lay side by side, with multiple puncture wounds. Blood trailed out of their clothes and her tears, disbelief, shock made her fall onto the wall for support. 

In the corner of the room, sat Aiden, a knife in hand, and bloody clothes. He spots Krystal with a scary face. 

She immediately ran to him and consoled his face. "Aiden, what happened? Why is my mom and da-." Her voice broke and she cried in the crook of his neck. 

"I-I-I-I.... Did..... It." He calmly says, making eye contact with Krystal. "I... I... Killed them."

"Is this some sort of sick joke?" Krystal frowns. "Please tell me it's a joke, and that mom and dad are sleeping, it's a trick right?"

His eyes seem pained and again, more steadily, he says. "I killed your parents Krystal. You made it too easy."

She shakes her head. "You wouldn't, their family to you."

He closes his eyes and snaps at her. "Don't you get it? I killed your parents because they endangered my parent's company... What useless daughters they have."

Krystal's eyes widen. "What did you do to Jessica?" She turns around, looking for her sister. "If you... I can kill you right now."

He smiles sadly. "Go ahead." 

"Aiden... You're lying aren't you..." Krystal looks him again in the eyes. Theres nothing inside but the pupils, no emotion. 

Within seconds, police appear and they separate Krystal and Aiden. Aiden is cuffed and dragged out while Krystal is taken by paramedics. 

She watches as a doctor checks her parents, then closes their eyes and covers them with a blanket. 

A man comes up to her and pats her back. "Don't worry Soojungah. Uncle will always be here for you."

That's when her tears fall, Krystal begins to cry as reality hits her. But then she jumps away and looks for her sister. 

"Unnie! Jessica!!!" She frantically runs into her rooms, looking for her sister. She finds Jessica in her room, laying unconscious with paramedics around her. "Unnie."

"Stay back." One medic warns her. "Someone take this child away."

A pair of hands grab her and drag her outside to the ambulance. 

She begins shake, her fingers can't stay still and her eyes are big as she realizes she alone. In this world. All. Alone.

*** Present Day***

Krystal grimaces as she recalls the horrid memory. "It's okay. It's fine." She clenches her teeth. "You found Aiden. You're going to get revenge, you're going to make him pay. Wait Krystal. Wait till it's right."

Aiden happily bounded home. Krystal. He smiled. "I'm going to make up for all the time wasted."

He then remember what happened to her parents. "Did I really do it?"

He looks at his hands. "Am I really a killer. Is that why I lost my memories? Because I'm a monster?"

Aiden slaps his hand. "I. Didn't. Do. It." He frowns. "If I didn't do it. Who did?"

Again he shakes his head. "Who am I kidding.. I did it. I should tell Krysta-"

He gasps. "... She knows."

Aiden holds his head, worried. "She knows that I did it. That I killed her parents."