The Case

Undercover
Krystal POV

Crap I'm running late. That stupid outdated milk! Who sells outdated milk.... I hope they don't notice that I'm late. 

Author POV

Yunho, the police director, sighs and taps his fingers on the table. Shes late again. Her first assignment... how is she my cousin.. 

High ranked officers wait quietly, scared of Yunho's next move. His temper was known to make people nervous and anxious. They begged Krystal to arrive quickly for the sake of living another day.

After thirty minutes Krystal slowly opens the door, peering inside. The officers sigh with relief, Yunho had not yet exploded out of anger. 

"Thank you for joining us, Krystal. You're thirty minutes late. Deduct ten points!" Yunho flicked a folder at his assistant. 

"What! Come on... I had food poisoning! And ten points is too much!" Krystal walked to the front of the room. 

"Make it fifteen points!" Yunho scowled at Krystal. "You are late. It is inexcusable. Death is the only exception."

Krystal glares at Yunho. "Fine."

"Ehm... Let us begin." A nervous Onew stood up. 

Krystal and Yunho sat down, lights were turned off, an a screen emerged from the ceiling. 

"Aiden Liu. Koreans most infamous leader of the Liu clan." Onew started with a picture and used a laser pointer to make a fake mustache. "Age twenty. The youngest boss in Korean history. Rumors say that he first appeared when he was seventeen and eventually took over with a new clan, the Liu's. The gang isn't that old, only two years, but the progress they made is incredible.  He also is a killer on the loose, killing many people on a boat two years ago. ."

Yunho glares at Onew.

Scared, Onew starts again serious.  "Currently they are selling drugs to young teenagers and giving protection to criminals. One of his gang locations is a club in Gangnam. That is all."

Yunho stands up and begins debriefing. "That's where you come in Krystal. You will be going undercover to infiltrate their base, find the headquarters. Only to that extent. From then on, it will become a manhunt." 

Krystal clenches her fists, the time is finally here. Mom. Dad. I'll make you proud. 

"Everyone here will help Krystal's transitions and closely monitor the gangs motives." Yunho turns away. "Everyone leave. Krystal stay here for more information."

In a hurry, everyone leaves and it is just Yunho and Krystal in the room. 

"Krystal. I am giving this mission to you as closure." he says softly. 

"I know."

"If you want to get revenge, don't. It's not worth it." Yunho pauses. "Aunt and uncle wouldn't want that."

Tears threaten Krystal as she recalls her parents. "You wouldn't know that. If they were here today."

"As your superior Krystal , don't bring in personal feelings. Do this professionally and your career with be set. Don't mess this up."

"I won't." Krystal heads for the door. "I'll make them proud."

Yunho sighs. Krystal this is a new opportunity, forget the past. Live for tomorrow. 

Krystal heads outside and is met by Luna and Onew. 

"What did he say? Did he scold you for being late?" Luna bombards Krystal with questions. 

"I'm fine. He just gave me advice." Krystal calmed Luna. She looked at Onew. "You did good, looks like you'll be promoted."

"Yunho glared at me. I don't think so." Onew smiles sadly. 

"You'll be fine. Yunho isn't that evil. He's a caring oppa." Luna elbows Onew. 

"How do you know? Do you talk to him? Behind my back?" Onew pouts. 

"Just get married." Krystal pretends to puke. "Too lovey dovey. I'm surprised no one knows your dating."

"Shush!" They both cover Krystal's mouth. "It's a secret!"

"Whatever. Bye." Krystal leaves the two and heads home. 

Aiden Liu. Finally your mine.