Chapter 8

She Is Not My Protector!

Please please pleaseeeeeee, I'm begging you to leave comments after you read it or you can subscribe to my story. I would be very grateful if you can do that. Thanks a lot for reading, subscribing and leaving comments ^~^

~~~~~~

"I couldn't believe myself that I agreed to join that crap talent contest" Junka complained. She had been walking back and forth in front of Minwoo in the living room. 

Minwoo had a bowl of ramyeon on a high stool in front of him while he sat on the couch. He kept eyeing and trailing his noona walking back and forth, complaining about the talent contest in front of him. "Why did you agree to join then?" he asked.

Junka stopped walking. She patted her forehead and slammed her body down on the couch next to Minwoo. She let out a sigh of depression. She took one of the cushion beside her, buried her face on it and screamed. 

Minwoo tapped on her lap as a sign for her to relax. "It's just a contest. If you don't want to win, just stand on the stage, wait for 3 minutes then get off the stage. You guys don't want to win right? Just participate is compulsory, not show off your talents are compulsory"he explained.

Junka removed the cushion from her face and looked at Minwoo with a grin. "Good idea" she muttered. Minwoo grinned back and continued eating his ramyeon.

Suddenly, Junka sat up straight and patted hard on Minwoo's back making him choked on his ramyeon. He spit out the remaining noodles in his mouth back into the bowl and wiped his chin and mouth with the back of his hand. He looked at Junka frustrated and yelled, "YAH!"

Junka ignored him. "I can't do that because the main reason I want to join this is to help Siwoo to be more brave and confident. I can't force him to just stand on the stage and do nothing. It would make it worse for Siwoo. I can't do that" she explained.

"If that so, just cooperate with him. Do something so you can finally get out of this mess. You only have like 2 weeks to deal with this. It will be over after the contest. Who cares if you do bad. Both of you don't want to win either. What's the big deal?" he said in rage. That was the first time he talked to Junka with high tone. "Plus, did you forget that you entered the singing contest and won third place last 2 years ago? Do I need to bring back the video so that you can watch and observe it over and over again"

"Yah!" Junka yelled back. "How could you talk to me in that tone?"

"Who cares? You are just few months older than me unless you are 1 year older than me" he exclaimed.

Junka wrapped her arm around Minwoo's neck and headlocked him. She fist on Minwoo's head and twist her fist on it while Minwoo screamed for her to stop and also, help.

DING!DONG!

The door bell rung. Both of them stopped from what they were doing. Junka released Minwoo. He sat straight and looked at Junka. "You open the door" Minwoo ordered.

"You open it" Junka ordered back.

"Why me?"

"Because you are the maknae and you better go now before I kick your " Junka exclaimed.

Minwoo shrugged. "Fine" He stood up, fixed his shirt and his hair. He looked over his shoulder and said, "Don't eat my ramyeon"

"As if I am going to eat that after you spit back in the bowl" she smirked.

"You saw it?" Minwoo grinned.

DING! DONG! Junka took a glanced at the door and back to Minwoo, "Of course I did. Just go" she said while harshly pushing Minwoo's using her feet.

Minwoo turned the knob and pulled the door opened. He smiled to look at the person standing in front of the door, "Siwoo annyeong" he waved.

"Annyeong" Siwoo waved back with a smile. He saw Junka who was standing in the living room, looking at the front door. He waved to Junka as well, "Junka annyeong"

Junka waved back. "Come in"

Minwoo gave enough space for Siwoo to come in. Minwoo closed the door behind him and slung his arm over Siwoo's shoulder. "You came at the right time Kim Taemin" Minwoo said with a grin. They stopped in front of Junka.

"I did?" Siwoo asked.

"Of course you did. Junka was kind of freak out about the contest. She...." he choked before he could finish the sentence because Junka suddenly put her hand on Minwoo's throat and strangled him a little. She did that because she didn't want Minwoo to reveal how much she didn't want to join the contest.

Siwoo's eyes widened to Junka's action. Soon after that, she let go off Minwoo's throat. Minwoo stumbled to the couch, coughed and gasped for air.

Junka looked at Siwoo and said, "I bet you came here to discuss about the contest am I right? Let's go somewhere else. It's very packed in here" She took Siwoo's hand and dragged him to the front door. She opened the door and held the door for Siwoo to go out first followed by herself.

"Good luck!" Minwoo shouted from inside, still suffering from the strangle.

Siwoo waited for Junka to closed the door then he asked, "Where should we go?"

"Anywhere, as long as not here since Minwoo's here" she answered. "How about your house?"

"My house?" he asked back for confirmation. 

"Yeah. Where else? Let's go" she said. Without realizing it, she grabbed Siwoo's hand and forced him to walk.

 

It was his first time to have a guest in his room and it's a girl guest. Despite there were only both of them in the house, it makes him more nervous. He sat on the chair in front of his study table and smiled at Junka's reaction towards his bedroom.

Junka was amazed with his room. It was very modern and the design was wonderful. Siwoo had a big round king size bed in the middle of the room.  There were bookshelves that was drilled on the wall height from the floor to the ceiling on each side of the bed. The bookshelves were filled with books from bottom to top. Only few part was decorated with anime figurines and some CDs. His bathroom was incredible. The wall of the bathroom wasn't make of bricks but glass, clear glass. Junka could clearly see the golden-round bathtub at the centre of the bathroom. The study table was facing the window that showed the scenery the beautiful garden behind their house. There was also a keyboard beside his study table. A white electric guitar was leaning on the bookshelf beside the bed together with an acoustic guitar on the other side. There was another door and it was his closet. A go through closet. It was filled with his pretty and fashionable clothes, bags, watches and shoes. If Siwoo's room was this big, she wondered how big was the master bedroom. 

"Amazed?" Siwoo asked.

"Daebak" she said. The only word that could describe the room. She sat on the bed, across of Siwoo. "This is super amazing. I wish I could live here" 

Siwoo just smiled. He didn't expect to get such response from Lee Junka, a very tough girl. "Okay back to our topic. So what should we do for the contest?"

"I don't know" Junka shrugged. "I'm okay with whatever you plan to do"

"Well, the only easy talent to show is singing. Is it okay?" 

"Cool" she said. "I bet you have better equipments for us to practice right with the guitars, keyboard, this amplifier, right?"

"Well yeah I wish to be a composer one day" he said with a smile. 

"I believe you can be one" Junka smiled back.

Siwoo's smile became wider. It was the first time he told someone what he wanted to be. Even Minwoo didn't know about it because he was afraid that people might laugh at it. That was why she always kept it to himself. He felt relief to Junka's reaction after he told her. "Shall we search for what song we can sing?" he asked.

"Sure"

Siwoo turned his chair to his study table and started search for any suitable song for them to sing in the internet. Junka got up from the bed and walked towards the table. She stood beside Siwoo. There was no other chair to sit. So Siwoo took one of the amplifier and asked her to sit on it.

----------------------

Siwoo plug off the wire from his guitar, rolled it neatly and put it back on the amplifier. He leaned back his guitar on the shelf back to its place. He then sat next to Junka on the bed. 

"You practiced hard on this" Siwoo smiled. "I didn't know that you have a wonderful voice"

Junka smiled back, putting the paper of lyrics aside. "Thanks. I'm not that good though. Just a regular voice. If you listen to it everyday you might get sick of my singing. Just like Minwoo did"

Siwoo chuckled to her response. "But I think I won't sick of it. In fact I would love to listen to it everyday"

Junka laughed. "No wonder Minwoo and you are best friends. Minwoo said the exact thing before and now he would kill me if he listened to me singing"

Siwoo frowned with a smile. "Really?" he laughed. "We are best friends made in heaven then"

Junka didn't say anything but just laugh. Siwoo laughed with her too. Then both of them let out a long breath, tired of laughing. Junka turned her head to Siwoo and asked, "Are we going to practice again?"

"Why? Do you want to do something else?" Siwoo asked back.

"Let's go have fun today" Junka winked.

"Where?"

"Come" Junka grabbed his hand and led him out of the house.

 

They went to a small temporary theme park near Siwoo's house. They had fun there. They played the roller coaster, the pirate ship and almost every game that they had. All of the games were very fun for them to play even though it was small.

They were lining up to ride the Ferris Wheel. When they were almost reached for their turn to ride the gondola, Junka suddenly confessed, "I can't ride this"

"Why?" Siwoo asked.

"It's your turn now" the ahjussi who was in charge of the Ferris Wheel said to them.

Siwoo turned to the ahjussi and nodded. He then turned back to Junka. From her face he knew that actually Junka was afraid of heights. He took Junka's hand and gripped it tight. He looked at Junka and smiled confidently, "It's okay. I'm here. It's time for me to protect you". Junka felt relieve to hear it. She smiled back and took her steps to the gondola. 

When they were inside, they sat in front to each other. Siwoo didn't even let go off Junka's hands when they first entered the gondola. He didn't even let it go for even a second even though Junka's hands were sweating and it made him slipped his grip. Suddenly Siwoo chuckled. Junka looked up to meet his eyes. Siwoo ruffled her hair and said, "I thought you are afraid of nothing" 

"Yeah right. Thanks" Junka smirked. Her eyes widened. She didn't expect that she could talk because she couldn't even utter a word when ever she's riding a Ferris Wheel. Slowly, a smile curved on her face. 

Siwoo could feel that Junka's grip to his hands loosen a bit. He knew that she felt better now. He smiled. He tightened his grip on her hands and said, "You've always protect me and now, relax and let me protect you". He winked.

Junka just nodded. 

-------------------

Siwoo scooped the last ice cream inside his cup. He turned to Junka, "Say ahhh" he said. Junka did as what he said. She opened to receive the ice cream. Siwoo brought his spoon near to then he brought it back to his mouth and ate it. 

Junka slapped his arm. "Mwoya" she pouted.

Siwoo laughed. It was funny to look at Junka's face when she pouted. "You look cute when you pout" he said pinching her cheek.

Junka pushed his hand away and blushed. She haven't listen to such compliments before. When was the last time? Or maybe never? "Shut up" she muttered.

"This is so relaxing" Siwoo said while leaning his back on the bench. 

They were at the park. The park was situated right next to a river. The park was decorated with various types of colourful flowers and the colours were soft colours. There was a small children's playground in the middle of the park and a jogging track for the netizens to jog and exercise. 

"I know" Junka said while throwing hers and Siwoo's emptied ice cream cup into the trash bin next to their bench. She then brought her legs up on the bench and sat cross legged on the bench.

Siwoo turned to her and said, "I can't believe that I can be friend and close to you. I mean you are not that friendly when I first met you"

Junka smirked. "What do you think I am? I am a human too. Do I look like a mean monster to you?"

"That's not what I mean. What I mean is that you know your appearance makes you look tough and like someone who is not easy to be close with. I didn't expect to be this close that we can hang out together" he explained.

"Just because I have short hair and I play judo doesn't mean that I am really tough. You need to know that I am a girl too. Girls are usually sensitive about their feelings and I am not an exceptional. I have feelings and I am more sensitive than other girls you may know. I may look tough outside. Just remember that" she explained. Her face totally showed that she was annoyed. She put down her legs, leaned her back on the bench and just stared to the river.

Siwoo didn't know that it would made her feel offended. He just wanted to show how thankful he was that finally he could have a friend eventhough she is a tough person. 

He opened his mouth to say sorry but suddenly Junka said something without even looking at him, "Just so you know,I feel offended with that"

Siwoo shook his head and opened his mouth to say sorry but he was blocked again by someone calling Junka's name.

"Junka!" 

Both of them turned their head towards where the voice came from. A smile curved on Junka's face to see the person walked towards them but Siwoo didn't look any good though.

"Rome" she muttered. Junka stood up so did  Siwoo. 

Rome stopped right in front of Junka. He ruffled her hair and kissed on her forehead. He bent over towards Junka."Long time no see Lee Junka. I miss you" he mumbled to her ears but loud enough for Siwoo to hear everything. 

Junka felt tickles. She pushed Rome slightly away from her and laughed awkwardly, "I know"

Siwoo looked at them. Jaw dropped open. He didn't know that they were in somehow a kind of relationship where in two days or a week they'll be a real couple. Siwoo coughed and blinked. "I didn't know you have a date today" he muttered.

"It is..." Junka tried to explain but Rome suddenly gripped her hands tight.

Rome smiled to Siwoo and nodded, "Yes we actually have a date today. I'm a bit late today so thank you for company her while waiting for me"

Siwoo put an awkward smile on his face. "Okay then. I guess I shall go now. Have fun you two" he said. He then turned his gaze right into Junka's eyes, "Just so you know, I am sorry for making you feel offended just now. I didn't mean to" he shrugged and took few steps backwards before spun around and said, "Have fun. See you tomorrow"

Junka trailed Siwoo walking away from them. Rome turned to other way while holding her hand, forcing her to turn as well and walked away.

 

Rome brought her to the middle of a lake near the park in a rented boat. Rome stopped paddling in the middle of the lake.

"I don't remember that we have a meeting today" Junka said while her arms crossed. She sat in front of him when of course, the man would do the paddling.

Rome took the paddle and put it on the boat. "I know. Don't you miss me? I miss you so much. I rarely see you these days even at school"he exclaimed.

"You shouldn't say to Siwoo that we have a date. Poor him. He would feel guilty" she exclaimed.

Rome smirked, "Who cares. Isn't this you've been wanting for? To have a date with me, right?" he winked.

Junka rolled her eyes. "Please Yu Barom. Do you think it's easy for me to forget about what happened back then? I remember every single detail of it"

"I thought you are already over it. Just like me" he exclaimed.

"Well, bad news, I am not" she exclaimed. Suddenly, all the bad memories of how she confessed to him and how he kissed him for the first time crossed through her mind. That wasn't all. There was an aftermath after she confessed. The other students reaction towards her. 

She still remembered how her schoolmates whispered to each other about how a tomboy girl could confessed to a guy by kissing him. They said that she did not deserve and qualified for Yu Barom. They said that she should just maintained the relationship of sunbae-hubae. Some of them even thought that she was a lesbian. For them, she didn't deserve love from a guy except from her family members because of her appearance and rough attitude. She was tough but they forgot that she have a sensitive heart too.

Tears rolled down her cheeks. She never felt too upset like this. She really hated it when she was reminded by the past.

Rome reached out his hands and cupped her cheeks. He wiped her tears using his thumbs. Junka looked up to meet his gaze. Rome brought his face closer to Junka. Their lips were an inch away until Junka turned her head sideway and pushed Rome's hand.

"Let's go home" Junka muttered.

"What?" Rome was dumbfounded. "I'm trying to make you feel comfort"

"Kissing is not a way to make someone feels comfort" she exclaimed.

Rome shrugged and start paddling.  

----------------------

Junka suddenly burped after drinking the cola. It made Siwoo laughed. The contest was tomorrow and they decided to sing  a song by Hyunseung, Eunji & Namjoo - 1 Year Ago acoustic version. Well, obviously Siwoo would played the guitar and both of them will sing. They were nervous for tomorrow after they practiced hard days and nights to make sure they could at least placed third. It was not like Junka wanted to win any place though. She had to help Siwoo to achieved his dream to be a composer.

"Don't laugh" Junka pouted and gulped more. Both of them were leaning on the wall of the bridge. The bridge where Junka found Siwoo drunk for the first time. They decided not to practice the night before the contest. Just relax so that they will be more calm for the contest. 

Siwoo stopped laughing but there was still a smile on his face. "Thanks" he muttered.

"For what?" Junka asked, gulping the last dropped. She put the can on the floor and smashed it with her feet. She then leaned back on the call and looked at Siwoo.

"Thanks for willing to be my friend and everything" he smiled.

Junka smiled back, "No big deal. Minwoo's friends are my friends too"

"But I think nowadays I am closer to you than him" 

"Really? It's just because we go to the same school" she explained.

Awkward silence creeped in. There was no sound except for the river and a car honking to a dog crossing the road.

"Your hair has grew longer" Siwoo said while playing with few strands of her hair.

Feeling uncomfortable, Junka put his hand away from her hair and smiled. "You realize it. Thanks"

Another awkward silence creeped in. 

Siwoo coughed and said, "Good luck for tomorrow"

Junka nodded and said, "Good luck to you too"

He coughed again. He had been wondering about one thing. Yu Barom. He gathered his courage and uttered the words, "Who is Yu Barom?"

"My senior" Junka answered slumberly. "But obviously now he is our senior. You met him right?"

"I mean who is he to you" he asked again. 

"My senior" she frowned, getting weird with the questions.

"Your senior? Really? He is just a senior to you? Not more than that?" he asked.

"Well, maybe he was someone special to me but that was long time ago. You know what I mean" she explained.

"How about now?" he asked. 

"Now?" she shrugged. "I don't know either. It's hard to decide" Her eyes were burning. All the thoughts about what they said back the when she confessed to Rome came across her mind again. She didn't want to cry in front of Siwoo because she was supposed to be brave, strong and tough. She turned around and quickly wiped her tears with her sleeves.

Siwoo knew that she was crying. He couldn't understand what and why she cried but he knew that it must be very painful for her. He wanted to make her feel better. He had to because Junka was always there to protect him from the bullies. Even though he thought that he couldn't protect her from getting cuts and bruises but he knew, at least he could protect her mentally and emotionally. 

Junka turned back to face Siwoo and wiped her eyes for the last time. "Sorry about that. I don't know..." her words were cut.

Before she could finish her words, Siwoo held her chin and stared into her eyes. He looked deep into the watery eyes while he grabbed her hands, intertwin their fingers. Suddenly he bent down, closed his eyes and pressed his lips againts hers. 

They were kissing on the bridge with the witness of the full moon.

Junka's eyes widened. She was shocked by Siwoo sudden action. It was very out of the blue. They stayed like that for a moment until Junka realized this was not the right thing to do. She let go off her hands from Siwoo's grip and pushed Siwoo chest.

Siwoo stumbled backwards. He was surprised as well that he could kiss her. He didn't know what made him have the courage to kiss her. It was like a magnet that pulled him and asked him to make Junka feel better by holding her, kissing her. He thought he made a right thing for that. He knew that deep into his heart there was a space for Lee Junka. Not as a friend or a sister but more than that. 

Junka looked at him with hatred in her eyes. "What is wrong with you?" Junka exclaimed.

"I thought it would make you feel better" Siwoo tried to explain. He walked towards Junka but she stopped him by showing her palm as sign to come nearer.

Without she realized it, more tears came out from her eyes. She didn't know why was she crying over this. She was confused. "That was my first kiss and you took it which I planned to do with someone else!" she screamed.

"Who? Yu Barom?" Siwoo screamed back.

Junka's eyes widened. Her jaw dropped open. That was the first time she heard Siwoo getting mad and yelled at her. She wiped her tears and mumbled to herself, "Why would you think that will help me to feel better. It makes me more miserable"

"What is it?" Siwoo asked.

"Nothing!" Junka yelled. "I want to go home" she her heels and headed back to her apartment.

 

Siwoo arrived at his house. He slammed his body on his bed with her arms spread wide. 

"I want to know what she mumbled about just now" he said to himself. "Will it turn out to be good tomorrow? Will she appear tomorrow? I don't think she will come after what happened just now. Why am I so stupid?"

He reached for a pillow above his head. He buried his face on the pillow and screamed. He then put the pillow aside and frowned, "Wait, did she say it was her first kiss and she planned it to do it with someone else? Is it Yu Barom?"

He sat up and yelled to himself, "Yah Lee Junka! You think it only you who had the first kiss just now? It was my first kiss too! I don't know either why I am so stupid to waste my first kiss on you?"

He shook his head and said, "Aniya aniya. It's not a waste because her lips feels good. Where did I learn this?"

He shook his head again and said, "Aniya aniya" he reached for the pillow again and screamed on it. He put the pillow aside and mumbled "Erghhhhh. I don't know how to face you tomorrow Lee Junka"

He laid back and prayed that everything would be fine the next day.

------------------

To be continued...