Chapter 2

She Is Not My Protector!

It's been a week Junka moved into his school but she rarely was in the class. He would see her in the morning then after the recess time she would be disappear. The only place he could think about where she might be hiding or skipping truant was, the school's rooftop. 

FLASHBACK:

It was the second day of Junka in that school. Her hair was dyed black, not wanting to mess up with Mr Seo. Siwoo and Junka walked side to side on the hallway heading to the cafeteria. 

"That is Chemistry lab" Siwoo pointed to the left side of the hallway. "Beside it is the Physics lab" 

Junka just nodded her head everytime Siwoo pointed to the rooms and places where she could go in the school.

He gulped and asked, "What do you want to eat at the cafeteria?" He wondered himself where he got the guts to start a random conversation with her. He could see that Lee Junka could be categorized as a gangster with her way. The most important thing, he always was shy to talk to a girl but he didn't feel anything when talking to Junka. Instead, he felt very comfortable. Maybe because she looked like a man. She wore a girl's school uniform but maybe her hairstyle, her way of talk, and her attitudes made her looked like a man.

He been showing her places and didn't talk anything except, 'That is blah blah room' 'That is blah blah lab' 'That is blah blah club room'. So he was thinking why not trying to start a random conversation, maybe she would response.

She stopped walking and grabbed Siwoo's arm. She turned him to face her. "What's your name?" she asked back.

"Ermmmm..." he stuttered. "Kim Taemin but you can call me Siwoo"

She held him on his arms. "Okay Siwoo. Is there any rules about students are not allowed to go to the school's rooftop?" she asked. Her eyes were wide. Siwoo could clearly see her brown-hazel eyes colour. It was pretty. 

"I... I don't think they have that kind of rules" he answered.

She tapped his left arm, "Good!" she smiled. It was the most beautiful smile he ever saw with her pair of fangs. It was pretty and cute. "So how to get there?" she asked.

"Where?" he asked back.

"The rooftop" she clenched her teeth. 

"Th.. this way" he pointed to the other side of the hallway and started walking.

They were no sound when they walked climbed up the school stairs to get to the rooftop. Both of them stopped in fron of set of stairs that lead to a door. A single door. When you opened the door, it is the school's rooftop. 

"There it is" Siwoo pointed to the door.

Junka quickly ran up the stairs and held the doorknob. She turned the knob clockwise and the door didn't open. It was locked. She turned to Siwoo, "Why is it locked? Who holds the key?" she asked.

Siwoo rose his shoulders, "I don't know"

She turned back to the door and tried to open it several times. "Aishhh this door" she muttered to herself. She took a deep breath, streched her arms and neck. She took another breath and kicked the door hard.

The door was opened in one kick. Siwoo eyes were widened as he couldn't expect how strong Junka was. He gulped because he knew if he messed up with her, he would be kick, hard, like that door.

She smiled to herself and turned to Siwoo. "I guess you can go back to the cafeteria" she said to Siwoo.

Siwoo just nodded and obediently said, "Ne"

He was about to go but then Junka called him, "Siwoo!".

Siwoo looked back at her, "Hm?" he responded.

"Don't tell anyone about this okay or else..." she threatened with a smile on her face.

"No.. No I won't tell anyone" he stuttered and quickly walked back to his class. 

END OF FLASHBACK

He went to his favorite cafe to grab his favorite latte. It was the best latte in town. He looked at his wrist watch. It was 9.05 pm. It was the time for him to go home. Well, he could go home late because who would care. Nobody except for himself. He walked in front of some shops and clubs. He sighed everytime he saw some group of students walked into the night clubs. It wasn't because of the students shouldn't go into night club. It was because he was kind of disapointed that he had no friends to have fun with like other students. He was a loner.

He put his earphone on and play the playlist on shuffle. He had to walk along an alley before entering his neighborhood. The alley was dark. A few lamp posts were only the help to the user of the alley. The lamp posts shone one spot but most of the alley were dark.

That wasn't the only way but he loved shorctcut. The neighbors have been talking about some badass wandering at the shortcut and there were lots of victims of extortion, and robbery. Siwoo seemed to ignore it because it never happened to him. The most important is, he doesn't believe to village gossips. 

He did a little dance and hummed to the song he was listening. As he was enjoying it, he suddenly stopped at the middle of the alley. He saw there were a group of man. They looked like a gangster. There were about 5 of them. They were circling and there was someone standing in the middle. He couldn't see who was in the middle because it was blocked and that person was covering his face with a hoodie. Plus, the limited source of light.

As he knew it was a serious situation, he quickly hid behind a huge green dustbin. He peeked on them, wondering what were they doing. He took off his earphone and keep it in his blazer pocket. 

"Give back my money" the person who was standing in the middle said with a calm but full of intimidation. 

Siwoo narrowed his eyes because he thought he knew that voice but he couldn't refresh his mind who was it.

"You intrude our area so we are collecting some fees everytime you walk here. So you don't have the right to ask your money back because there's no refund" a guy said on his face. He then laughed together with the others. "Why don't you go home and get a beautiful sleep under your omma's armpit" he added and laughed.

The guy clenched his fist. Siwoo could see that he was about to rage.

Within a second, the guy raised his fist and punched right on the guy who was extorted him with a shout, "DON'T YOU EVER DARE MENTION MY OMMA!"

Another guy was with a wooden rod tried to attack him from the back but he was faster. He turned around to face the attacker, held his arm that was holding the wooden rod, grabbed his belt, pushed him down hard on the road and elbowed him right on his rib. Another guy came to attack and he was faster to give a kick on his chest with his boot.

The guy who got kicked spit blood. He wiped the blood and ran to him with a shout. He realized that, quickly got up and gave him twist kick on his face. The guy fell on the road, unconscious. 

The other 2 who weren't knocked down yet had a steel rod and wood rod each. They ran to him at the same time preparing to give a hit on his head and on his leg. He was faster of course. He quickly took another rod and blocked every attack by both of them. He succeed to make them to lose their grip and the rods fell off from their hands. He threw the rod away and knocked both of them with a judo attack. 

All of them were on the road, groaning and rolling from the pain. He bent down to the guy who extort him earlier. He slid his hand into his pocket and took out some amount of money. He calculated it and returned back the balance.

He smirked and patted the guy's cheek, "Next time, you better learn how to fight before bothering people around okay?" he smirked. "I only take my money" he got up and kept the money into his pocket. He was about to walk away when one of the guys sat up to attack him from below behind his back. He was faster. He gave him another fist on his nose and he fell unconscious on the road.

He smirked and continued walking. He put back on his hood and walked towards the way Siwoo was hiding. 

Siwoo was very amazed by the fight. He stood up from his hiding place and trailed the guy. When he was in front of Siwoo, Siwoo spoke out, "Ex..excuse me" he stuttered. The guy stopped from walking, not even looking at Siwoo who was at his side. "I think I know you" Siwoo added.

It was very dark that his face was like shadow. Siwoo tried to peek inside the hood to see who was it but he couldn't. He didn't want to get beat up becuse peeking. 

The guy only smirked. When he smirked, Siwoo could clearly see his fangs. His fangs was shining because of the lamp post. He didn't see the logic there but only his fangs were clear. 

The guy walked away, leaving Siwoo in curiousity.

Siwoo trailed him until he was no longer in sight. He then continued his journey to go back home with all the questions and feelings saying that he knew that guy.

--------------------

"Finally I get to hang out with my best friend again" Siwoo said as he slurped the cream on his latte. He then leaned back on his chair. 

"I miss you too" Minwoo said and grinned.

"I didn't say I miss you" Siwoo rose his eyebrow.

"But I know you did" Minwoo giggled and slurped the cream on his cappuccino. He wiped the left over cream on his lips using his sleeve.

"Whatever" Siwoo rolled his eyes. "Now remind me, why you moved back then?"

Minwoo swallowed his drink and cleared his throat. "I am so sorry about what happened back then" his face was serious. He tilt his head to moved his hair bang away. He continued, "Too many things happened in a blink of eye at that time. I was confused too. I had to move to Jeju. Omma told me something that I don't even know for 12 years I've been living on this Earth"

"What is it?" Siwoo asked curiously. He was eager to know what was it.

"I have a twin noona"

"A twin noona?" Siwoo rose his eyebrow. How could it be a twin noona? Does it consider as noona if his twin is 1 or 2 minutes older than him?

"Yeah. Basically we are not really twin. She is 10 months older than me" Minwoo explained. "I don't know either we are consider as twin but I think we are"

"Why did your omma kept this as secret?"

"Noona was born in Jeju. Our grandfather in Jeju wanted to keep her and trained her as a judo player. When noona was born, our grandfather said that he could see that noona can be a really good and amazing judo player. So omma agreed with my grandfather and moved to Seoul. But grandfather made a condition. Omma can't meet her daughter until she is 12 years old. He said it is the sake for noona to be a great player and stronger. When both of us turned 12 years old, omma decided to spend more time with noona. So, all of us moved to Jeju" Minwoo explained.

"Were you trained to be a judo player too?" Siwoo asked.

Minwoo nodded his head while drinking his capuccino. "But not as good as noona. Although she is a girl but she is way better than the strongest man in this world. People always compared us. I guess they were right, although she is a girl but she always acted like a boy and although I am boy I always acted like a girl. You know it hurts my pride actually. Whenever I tried to prove to people that I am a man, noona will be always there. In the end I gave up and just let whatever they want to say. Village gossips. You know that"

Siwoo nodded. "I understand how it feels. Sorry to hear that. You are not gay right? If yes I have to take care of myself" he giggled.

"Do you want to die? Yah! I know I'm not as good as noona but I still know how to break your neck!" Minwoo exclaimed.

"I'm just joking" Siwoo laughed. "Then why you moved back to Seoul?" he asked more.

Minwoo cleared his throat. "Grandfather rules everything. He said at the age of 17, both of us need to learn to be independent and live by ourselves. It's like one of his tests for us. So that is why we moved back to Seoul"

"Ohhh that is a very long story" Siwoo slurped his latte. "So, you are living with your noona? Where?"

"Yup in an apartment. I will introduce you to her one day" Minwoo finished his cappucino and banged the cup on the table. "By the way" he continued while wiping his mouth with his sleeve, "she goes to the same school as yours"

Siwoo almost spit out his latte but he managed to swallow it. He wiped the left over that drooled out from his mouth. Only one person crossed into his mind.

"Why are you so surprised?" Minwoo asked and handed Siwoo a tissue.

"Nothing. Who is she?" Siwoo asked. His eyes were widened. His heart was racing. His palms were sweating. His arm hairs were standing.

"Lee Junka" Minwoo answered slumberly. "I will introduce you to her one day"

Siwoo gulped. 

----------------------

To be continued...