Chapter 15

She Is Not My Protector!

"Where should we go after this?" Siwoo asked while keeping all the books inside his bag.

Junka zipped her bag and put it on her back. "Home. Where else should we go?" Junka frowned with a smile.

Siwoo rolled his eyeballs as he zipped his bag. He then turned his body and leaned forward to Junka. He landed his head on Junka's shoulder and he kissed her neck. With his seductive sweet voice, he whispered into her ear, "I'm asking you to go out for a date"

Junka laughed insincerely. She liked, no, she loved with what Siwoo was doing to her but she felt awkward when he did it in public place. She didn't like when all eyes were on her just because of Siwoo being all sweet and romantic. She slowly and gently pushed Siwoo's head off her even though Siwoo insisted to move away.

"Kim Taemin please" Junka muttered  and finally she managed to push him off her. "I need to meet someone and do an explanation" she explained

"Yu Barom?" Siwoo asked for confirmation. "Let me follow you"

"No. It's better if I go alone. This way it won't make him to commit suicide" Junka explained. "You should do an explanation to someone too"

"Son Naeun?" Siwoo asked for confirmation. Junka just nodded while putting her hands on her waist. Siwoo just chuckled as if it was something funny. "I already explained to her"

"When was it?" Junka rosed her eyebrow and crossed her arms.

"On the first day I met her. At the coffee shop. You came to that coffee shop with Rome hyung on that day" Siwoo explained with a smile on his face.

Junka took a moment to remember that scene. Her eyes widened when she remembered it.  "Ahhh. That day. I remember. You explained to her?" 

Siwoo nodded and said, "Yes"

"What did you say?" Junka asked.

Siwoo looked around the class and all of their classmates had left the classroom except them. He then bent down so that his eye level were the same as Junka's. "You have to kiss me first" he grinned.

"Seriously? No" Junka smirked and walked away from Siwoo. 

Siwoo was left dumbfounded. He blinked to received that kind of rejection from her girlfriend. He trailed her walking out of the class and shouted, "You will regret this!"

 

Junka sat in front of Rome with both her arms and legs crossed. She looked at the guy in front of her who was enjoying the blueberry cake so much. She stared and stared at him. She didn't know how to begin. She had prepared the words she wanted to say to Rome so that it won't hurt Rome but when she met him, her brain suddenly became blank. She sighed.

"What's up with that sigh?" Rome asked as he shoved another bite of his cake into his mouth. "This is the best cake ever. We should come here more often" he said with his mouth full. He then cut a bite of the cake and gave it to Junka, "Here. Sayy ahhhh"

Junka leaned forward and let Rome fed her with the cake. Her eyes widened. "This is good" Junka said, wiping the cream from her lips with the tissue.

"I know right" Rome smiled and shoved another spoonfull of cake.

Junka stuttered at first but she managed to say it, "Rome-ahh. I actually have something to tell you"

Rome eyes widened. His heart was beating fast. He was very nervous but he remained tha calm expression. He slowly glared at Junka and continued eating his cake. "I know" he said.

"You know?" Junka asked confirmation.

Rome nodded his head slowly. "But I don't want to listen to it" he muttured.

"I think it is better for you to listen from my own mouth rather than from someone's else" Junka exclaimed.

"Stop it" Rome rolled his eyes. His expression didn't show that he was calm, more to piss off.

"You know about my relationship with Kim Taemin" she continued, ignoring the warning Rome told her.

"I said stop it!" he yelled. All the customers could hear him. The attention in the coffee shop turned to them because of the yell. His breath was uneven. He didn't know what was wrong with him.  He didn't know why he was so mad about Junka finally being in relationship with Siwoo. He just felt so jealous and he knew that he had lost at winning the heart of the girl he loved to Kim Taemin.   

Junka didn't back away to that yell. She didn't even move an inch. Instead she just stared into his eyes and her expression didn't even tell him that she was afraid of him. "I won't stop. I need to tell you the truth" Junka said. She slowly reached out her hand and held Rome's hand. "Now you know how it hurts right? That is how I felt when you first rejected me"

Rome's eyes widened. "Is this some kind of revenge?" he asked. His voice was shaky as he tried to hold back his tears from flowing.

Junka smiled and shook her head. "Aniya. Why would I take a revenge on someone that I love?" she smiled. "I still love you Yu Barom but this time my love for you is not like before. I love you as my older brother. You are always by my side. You always hear my problems. You always help me to cool down whenever I turned wild. You always comfort me with your words, jokes and attitude. You always take care of me. Not just me. You take care of Minwoo too. My love for you this time is not beyond the relationship between brother and sister"

Rome held her hand tight and he took a deep breath. "Sorry about the yelling" he apologized. "To be honest, I already knew about you and Siwoo liking each other but neither of you confessed so I was just going to pretend that I don't know anything until today you came to me give all this explanation" he chuckled to himself and wiped the tears that escaped from his eyes. "I am really sorry" he said, while looking down. He tried to control himself from crying too hard.

Junka put a smile. With her other hand, she put it on top of Rome's hand. She held his hand tight. "It's okay. I know how you feel because I experienced it once" she said with a calm voice.

Rome chuckled, "It's funny what I did to you before and now I'm facing it" Junka didn't say anything. She could only just put a smile on her face. Rome's eyes were red and his cheeks were soaked with tears yet he could put a smile. "We still can come here to have this blueberry cake right?" he asked.

"Of course" Junka replied.

------------------------

Junka and Siwoo sat under the shady tree. It's been almost 1 month they became couple. They appreciate every single day they spent together by going on a date together.

"Are you going to ignore me and play with that game the whole day?" Junka pouted. She was really pissed off with her boyfriend. He asked her out for a date at the park yet he was playing with the game via his phone all the time.

Rome's head was leaning on Junka's shoulder. He glared up at Junka then he looked back to his phone. "Wait. I'm almost finish with this level" he exclaimed.

Junka rolled her eyes. She was being impatience, she snatched his phone from him and quickly kept it inside her pocket. Siwoo sat straight and turned to Junka. "Yah!" he yelled. "I almost finish that level!"

Junka was surprised with that yell. She let out her rage too. "Seriously Kim Taemin? You asked me out and all you do is playing the game! Here" she took out the phone from her pocket. She pulled his hand and gave back his phone. "I'm going home" Junka said as she stood up. 

Siwoo was surprised by Junka being all sulking. "Yah yah" Siwoo called as he grabbed Junka's hand and pulled her down. Junka stumbled because of that pulling that made her fell and landed her on the land in between Siwoo's legs. Siwoo was fast to hold her back so that her head won't bump the land. Siwoo's face was few inches away from Junka's. They sat like that for a moment. They stared into each other's eyes. Suddenly, Siwoo muttered, "Don't leave me"

Junka was still staring into his eyes and she shook her head slowly. "I won't" she muttered. Suddenly, there was a naughty smile on her face. "But this time, you wasted my time and I'm really going home" Junka said. Junka tried to get up but Siwoo held her arms tight, preventing her to move. He even lifted his leg and put on Junka's legs. "Yah! What are you doing?!" Junka yelled.

"You have to kiss me first before you go home" Siwoo whispered into her ear. "If you refused, I will hunt you down tonight" Junka frowned. With all her strength, she pushed Siwoo away from her. She quickly stood up and walked away from him. "Yah Lee Junka! You really going to regret this!" Siwoo shouted.

Junka kept on walking while mumbling to herself "What is wrong with that guy" Suddenly her phone rang. She looked at the screen and she was expecting that it was Siwoo who would call her but it was actually an unknown number. She pressed the answer button. "Yoboseyo?" she answered

"Yoboseyo. Is this Lee Junka-ssi?" the voice said. It was an old woman voice but Junka never heard of that voice before.

"Ne. Who is this?" Junka answered.

"I am Siwoo's mother. I want to meet you. Do you have free time?" the old woman said on the line. 

--------------------

Siwoo spent the night at Junka's house. They were having a movie night. The genre movie they picked that night was funny movie. Minwoo joined them. Junka and Siwoo were sitting on the couch but they let the space between them empty so that they could put the bowls of popcorns on it. Minwoo laid with his tummy flat on the floor. There was a bottle of orange juice in his hand. He drank it until it was emptied. He then stood up and headed to the fridge to get a new one. To meet his disappoinment, there was no his favorite orange juice lining up in the fridge like it always do. He closed the door fridge and headed back to the living room. 

"Noona. You didn't buy the orange juice?" Minwoo asked while crossing his arms.

Junka looked up at him and blinked. It took her a moment to remember when did her brother asked her to buy something for him. "Ahhhhh. Mianhae. I forgot" Junka smiled, acting as if she was innocent.

"Don't give me that innocent face noona" Minwoo sighed. He took the remote control and paused the movie.

"Yah! What are you doing?" Junka asked,sounded piss off.

"I'm going to the shop to buy it since you forget to buy it and you two can't watch it until I come back okay?" Minwoo ordered. He was like a father of the house when he gave an order like that.

Siwoo chuckled, thinking it was funny what his best friend was doing, "Then what should we do while waiting for you to come back?"

"I don't care. Talk to each other. You two are a couple now. There's nothing to feel shy" he said while walking to the front door. "I'll be back in 15 minutes" he added and exited the house. 

Junka and Siwoo looked at each other. They burst into laughter when Minwoo acting all childish. 

"Aigooo. I wonder whose best friend is he" Junka said

"I wonder whose brother is he and I wonder is his sister acts like that too" Siwoo giggled to himself. Junka gave him a death glare. Siwoo didn't see that and he kept laughing. Junka clenched her fist and landed a strong punch on his arm. "Ouchh" Siwoo screamed in pain. 

Junka smirked, "Serve you right". Siwoo pouted while he rubbed at the spot where Junka punched him. Junka brought both of her legs and turned her body to face Siwoo. Her back was leaning on the arm of the couch. She hugged her knees and looked at Siwoo.

Feeling discomfort with the look, Siwoo exclaimed, "What?!"

"How is your relationship with your parents?" Siwoo was shocked with the question. He automatically stopped from rubbing his arm and looked up to meet Junka's eyes.  Junka waited for him to answer her question patiently. Siwoo seemed burdened to answer the question. Junka rose her eyebrows and smiled, "Hmm? Are you okay? It's okay if you don't want to answer that question"

Siwoo smiled back to her and he asked her back, "Why do you need to know?"

"You said it, when the time comes, you want me to be your one and only wife" Junka answered.

"Yeah. So?" Siwoo frowned. 

"I want to be a daughter-in-law that received the approval from my parents in law. I don't want to be hated by my parents in law" Junka explained. 

Siwoo shifted himself towards Junka. He put his hands on both of her shoulders and looked into her eyes. He wasn't ready to tell her about his family moving to Japan. He didn't want to follow his family. He just want to stay with Lee Junka and 5 years without Lee Junka was too long for him. He smiled to Junka and said, "Don't you worry. I will make up with my parents and I'll make sure that you will have good in laws relationship with my parents. Okay?"

Junka just nodded her head and smiled to her. She put down Siwoo's hands off her shoulder and held it between her finger. She repositioned herself so that she could lean her head on Siwoo's shoulder "What do you think about Japan?" Junka asked with her slow voice.

"Japan?" Siwoo asked back for confirmation. He was surprised to hear Junka suddenly asking that question. He remained his calm expression and answered to the question, "I think it's a beautiful country. Would you like to go there?" He looked to meet Junka's eyes.

Junka looked up to meet his eyes and she nodded. "Sure. I'd love to" she smiled.

For that instant, Siwoo landed a kiss on her lips and they were kissing. They were kissing until they heard the sound of the front door. They quicky broke the kiss and went back to their original position. Minwoo quickly stepped into the living room and looked at them. He stood there, crossing his arms and a naughty smile curved on his face. 

Junka looked at her brother and frowned. "What?!" Junka asked.

"I am feeling suspicious with you two. Were you two this far apart when I'm gone?" Minwoo asked. Siwoo and Junka just nodded. "Lie. What were you two doing?"

"We were chatting like what you asked us to do dear Lee Minwoo" Siwoo explained.

Minwoo ssmirked. "As if I'm going to believe that. There's no way that you two have been chatting all the time. Huh whatever" he said and sat crossed legs on the floor. He took the remote and played the movie again. 

Junka took a glanced at Siwoo and Siwoo did the same too. Siwoo winked to Junka and Junka just giggled to that wink. She looked back to the TV screen. She wasn't paying attention to the movie. She was actually taken aback by the meeting of her with Siwoo's mother. She brought her knees to her chest and hugged it. She put her chin on her knees. She let out a sigh but no one heard her. She turned her head and looked at Siwoo who was laughing at the comedy. It made her to smile when she saw Siwoo laughing. She stared back at the TV screen. Her fingers started to play with her toes and her mind was totally out from watching the movie.

FLASHBACK

As what she promised, she went to the coffee shop to meet Siwoo's mother. She had no idea why his mother wanted to meet her but she knew from the tone of his mother in the line, it must be something serious that she wanted to discuss about. She was very nervous. Does Siwoo's mother knew about our relationship? Does she hate me? Is she trying to stop us from seeing each other again? All of the questions were plating inside her head.

She saw an old lady sitting at one of the tables in the shop. From the way she dressed she knew that she was Siwoo's mother. Siwoo's family wasn't very rich but they can be categorized as rich because their parents worked as the most trusted person of the CEO of 2 different companies. So they always have to dress good in front of the CEO and later it became a habit. Siwoo's mother wore a white dress. She matched the dress with a black leather jacket and there was a white pearl necklace and earings that she wore. Her hair was tied into a short ponytail. She looked stunning despite her old age.

Junka slowly approached her. She stopped at the table and asked, "Excuse me. Are you Siwoo's mother?"

Siwoo's mother was checking her email via her phone. She looked up when she heard a voice. A smile curved on her face. She put down her phone on the table. "Ne. I am Siwoo's mother. Please have a sit" she said.

Junka pulled the chair in front of Siwoo's mother and gently sat on it. She fixed her position and with her brown eyes, she looked at Siwoo's mother. She put a smile on her face and her fangs were clearly seen. Her voice was calm and she tried not to sound so shaky, "Why do you want to meet me ommonim?"

Siwoo's mother blinked for a while. She was fascinated by Junka's eyes and her fangs. Instead of answering Junka's question, she asked, "Your eyes, are they real? Or you put on contact lenses? And your fangs too, are they real too?" 

Junka chuckled to listen to Siwoo's mother being so fascinated by her eyes and her fangs. It wasn't her first time for someone to wonder about her eyes. She shook her head and answered with a sweer smile, "Aniyo. These eyes are real. I was born with these eyes. I took after my great grandmother and these fangs are real too" she said while poking her fangs. "I don't know where it comes from. They are just there all the time"

"Woahh" Siwoo's mother was fascinated that her eyes were very wide. "I never see someone who looks like you"

"You are looking at one now" Junka said, maintaining the smile on her face.

"Anyway back to the real topic" Siwoo's mother said while snapping her finger. It made her to focus on what she was going to say. "So Lee Junka-ssi, may I know what's your relationship with my son?" she asked, crossing her arms on her chest.

Junka startled at first. She had expected that his mother would ask the question but she didn't know what she should answer. All she thought of was Siwoo. What would Siwoo answer if he met her mother? She knew that Siwoo was an honest person so she thought, she should be honest to his mother too. She took a deep breath and looked into his mother's eyes, "I am his girlfriend" she answered confidently.

"As what I expected" Siwoo's mother said. "You see. I'm not that kind of mother who interrupts with his son's relationship like you watch in drama but in this case, I really need your help"

"What kind of help?" Junka asked.

"I need you to make him hate you"

Junka's eyes widened. She tried to remain her calm expression. If not because of respects, she would rage. "But why? You said it that you are not that kind of mother who does not interrupt his son's relationship. Isn't this interrupting?"

Siwoo's mother sighed and said "You and Siwoo are just the same. Never let me finish my explanation"

"Mianhaeyo" Junka muttured.

"You know how is our relationship with Siwoo right?" Siwoo's mother asked. Junka just nodded her head and waited for Siwoo's mother to finish explaining. "We realized that Siwoo received very least of our love. So we decided to move to Japan next month. We quit our job. His uncle have a business there and we will be working with his uncle there. We thought that if all of us could move to Japan, we can spend more time with Siwoo. Plus, his uncle called last week and he said he wants to train Siwoo so that he could take over his business in one of his branch in Korea. For that to happen, we need to move to Japan"

Junka's eyes widened to hear it. Her heart was beating fast. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. She didn't know what to respond. She was totally in shock. She was happy and sad at the same time. She was sad that she had to be parted with Siwoo when they were only a couple for less than a month and he is already leaving. Well, who would not be happy if her boyfriend is a future CEO?

Siwoo's mother continued, "But it looks like there was something that stopped him from not coming with us and we figured it out, it because of you. He doesn't want to come with us because he wants to stay with you. I know how he feels but this is for the sake of his future and our parents children relationship" she reached out her hand and held Junka's hand. "Please Lee Junka-ssi. I'm begging you. Please help us to repair our bond. We just want you to stop any interactions with him when he is in Japan so that he can concentrate. It's just for about 5-7 years. After that, when his uncle thinks that he really can manage the business, he'll be back in Korea and we won't forbid you to have a relationship with him after that. I promise you. Please help me"

END OF FLASHBACK

Her eyes were teary. She turned her head again and took a short glanced at him. She didn't realized when did Siwoo shifted his seat beside her. Siwoo was sleeping with his head laid back on the couch. Minwoo was already sleeping too when the movie hasn't ended. Junka laid back and pulled Siwoo's head so that he was leaning on her shoulder. She then took Siwoo's hand and intertwined their fingers. She then kissed him on his head. She couldn't hold her tears anymore that she let it rolled on her cheeks. She didn't know what she should do. She wanted him to stay so that they could spend more time but she didn't want his relationship with his parents get worse. If she let him go, 5-7 years is too long and not to have any interactions with him is too much. She got all dizzy just to make the decision.  

She wiped her tears with her other hand. Her tears keep flowing and the sound that she made, made Siwoo woke up from his sleep. He looked at Junka. He quickly cupped Junka's face with both of his hands. He then wiped her tears and carressed her cheeks with his thumbs. "What's wrong? Are you okay?" Siwoo asked.

Junka looked into his eyes. Those eyes that she gonna miss to stare. The lips that she gonna miss to kiss. The cheeks that she gonna miss to carress. Thinking of it made her cry even harder. She let go off Siwoo's hands and ran out of the apartment. She didn't want Siwoo to see his face crying. She hated it to let anyone to see her crying. 

Siwoo ran after her and she was still in the hallway. He caught up to her and managed to stop her from running. He turned her body to face him. He shook her body a little, hoping that she would go back to her senses. "What is wrong with you? Is everything okay? Just tell me" Siwoo asked. His voice was very calming and it made Junka cried even harder.

"I--I had a nightmare" Junka managed to utter the words. "A nightmare that you will leave me"

After listen to that, Siwoo quickly hugged Junka. He let her buried her face on his chest. He let her soaked her chest because he believed it would make her more comfortable. He then slowly her hair. "Everything's going to be okay. I'm not gonna leave you. You see. I'm here, hugging you" he whispered with his sweet seductive voice.

Junka didn't get calmer. Instead it made her to cry even harder because she knew that the nightmare was turning to reality.

------------------

To be continued...