Chapter 12

She Is Not My Protector!

The students were gathering in front of the notice board once they step into the school lobby. A fancy yet beautiful poster was up there. Each and everyone of them were so fascinated with what written on the poster. Junka approached the crowd but she had no intention to go through the crowd just to see what was written like what few students did. She just stood there and waited for the crowd to become less and lesser.

"What is it?" someone asked her. She looked to the person who was standing beside her. A smile curved on her face. She felt relieved that the person she was afraid to hate her talked to her. Siwoo looked back at her and smiled. "What is it?" he asked.

Junka rose her shoulder and said, "I don't have any idea. I just arrived here"

Suddenly the school bell rang. All of the students rush to their class. Only Junka and Siwoo decided to stand still. When the crowd had gone, they step forward to the notice board and read every single detail that was on the poster.

Junka smirked, "A prom night huh? This is crap. Only for those who age 19 and above. Other students can participate if they were paired up with any 19 years onld students. Who made this ty rule I wonder"

Siwoo cleared his throat. He wondered what have Junka been thinking of while cursing for the rules. 'If she likes prom night, she shouldn't been worry because Rome hyung obviously will ask her to go with him', he thought.

Junka turned to Siwoo and asked, "You came to my house again the other day right? The next day after I got hit on my head" Siwoo just nodded nervously. "But you didn't meet me. By any chance, is there something wrong? Or did you see anything?"

Before Siwoo could answer anything, they heard someone yelling at them. They turned their heads towards the voice. He was the discipline teacher. Yup, they were in trouble for not being in the class. They quickly turned to the other way and ran towards their class.

----------------

"Siwoo-ahh" Naeun called his name. They were inside Siwoo's classroom. Siwoo promised to go out for a movie together after school so Naeun waited for Siwoo to finish his little work as the class monitor before they go out. 

"Hm?" Siwoo responded. He was busy writing the report he didn't look at her. 

"Do you know about the prom night thing?" she asked.

"Em-hm" Siwoo nodded, keep writing.

"This is very embarassing but I think I have to ask you though. Would you like to go to the prom with me?" she asked.

His hand suddenly stopped from writing. He looked up at her. "I don't know" he answered.

"Ohh come on. It would be fun. I don't want to be alone at the prom" she pouted. 

Siwoo sighed. He put down the pen on the table. He leaned on his chair, crossed his arms and stare at Naeun. He was thinking deeply whether to accept the invitation or not. From what he knew, prom nights would change everything. From one relation to another stage of relation. As for example, from a good friend relationship to a lover relationship. If that would happen, he wanted it to become reality with the person she liked, Lee Junka.

Yes, Lee Junka. The person he liked and loved so much. All this time he kept denying the fact that she was the who shook his life upside down and the she was the person who made him miserable, couldn't sleep at night. She was the one who made him to be brave, to stand on his feet. He took a short glanced outside of the class. He saw Lee Junka walking with Yu Barom. She was laughing happily to whatever Rome had told her. After looking at how Junka was happy to be with Barom, he felt unwanted but on the same time he felt happy because the girl he loved is happy. 

He looked back at Naeun and smiled, "I'll pick you up at 8" 

-------------------

Junka stared at her phone screen. An invitation to go to the prom night was written on the phone screen and it was from Yu Barom. She stared at it, wonder if she should accept it or not. She wasn't a girl who liked to wear long or short dress. She didn't like to go to this type of occasion. For her, it was an annoying occasion. It was an occasion where all eyes put on you and you were judged from head to toe on that night. Everything would change after the prom night. 

She heard Minwoo's footsteps running down the stairs and turned his gaze towards him. "I'm going out!" he said.

"Where are you going?" she asked. 

"To the mall with Siwoo"

"Why are you going there with him?" she asked again.

"Because he is my friend of course. What is wrong with you noona?" he answered, pissed off. 

"I know that idiot. You two never go to the mall together other than the cyber cafe or futsal court. What are you tend to do there?" she asked suspiciously.

"I need to help Siwoo to buy a suit for your school prom night. What the hell noona. You should know better than this. It's your school event" he smirked. "Ahhh why would you know this kind of thing because you dislike it. Plus, who would ever ask you to go to the prom"' he chuckled.

"Yah!" she yelled. "Do you think your noona's standard is that low? I've got an invitation too and you know what, I'm going to that prom"

"Good for you noona. But noona, I wonder, who is that idiot that asked you to be his date. Is he another thug that you beat up last two months? Big fat scary thug?" he chuckled.

"YAH!" Junka shouted and threw the cushion in her hand towards him . Minwoo ran towards the front door and quickly walk out of the apartment.

Roughly Junka replied Rome's text because she was very furious, 'What time will you pick me up?'

--------------------

His hand was shivering. To get rid of his nervousness, he took a deep breath and pressed the doorbell. He fixed his necktie while he waited for someone to answer the door. Siwoo had a white tuxedo on. He matched it with a red necktie. A black metal wrist watch completes the look on him. It was perfected with his brown shiny leather shoes. A red handkerchief in his chest pocket makes him look more smart and handsome.

He heard some's turning the door knob opened. There was Naeun wearing a long sleeves black lace one piece with red lipsticks that decorates her lips. She had a red clutch in her hands and a red high heels to complete the daring looks. Her hair was a bit wavy at the end and she gathered her hair and put it on her right shoulder. 

She smiled shyly to Siwoo, "How do I look?" she asked.

Siwoo didn't respond. He was speechless. He didn't know what was wrong with him but he was imagining Junka in that dress. He shook his head and smiled back at Naeun, "You are pretty" he said. 

Naeun smiled back, relieved that Siwoo liked how she looks that night. Siwoo stuck out his hand. Naeun gladly took Siwoo's hand and they headed towards the car that Siwoo rented.

 

Minwoo's eyes widened. It was his first time for him to look at his sister to dress up like that. A peach color short dress with a little wave at the end of the dress. Her hair had grew longer and its length reached her shoulders. She didn't tie it up like she used to. The dress was perfected with a fine silk shawl wrapped around her shoulder. A fake diamond necklace, a metal like chain charm on her wrist and butterfly hairclip on her hair made her looked more feminine. Her silver high cut string high heels complete the look. A smile curved on his face. He liked what he see. He took Junka's hand as she slowly walked down the stairs.

"You look so pretty noona" he praised her while fixing her shawl.

"Ahhh. This high heels is so annoying. Can you change it to something that is more comfortable?" she complained.

"No. You look perfect in that noona" he said. He took few steps backwards and look at her from head to toe again.

"How do I look?" she asked nervously. 

"You are perfect. You are lucky that you are my sister because I think I would try on you and you made a right decision to hire me as your prom night stylist" he chuckled

Junka chuckled and she was embarassed by that compliment, "Any death wish before I kill you?"

"I'm just praising how beautiful is my sister" he pouted.

Junka laughed a little. "Thanks Minwoo for helping me with this kind of thing"

"You know I'm good at this thing" he praised himself. Suddenly they heard the front door bell rang. "It must be Rome hyung. Let's go" Minwoo said while asking Junka to link his arm. Junka just smiled back and link her arm with his brother's to the front door. 

Minwoo opened the front door. Standing in front of it, proudly and smartly was Yu Barom in his black tuxedo with red tie around his neck. Completed with a shining black leather shoes. A silver metal watch was on his left wrist made he looks handsome. A smile curved on Rome's face when he saw Junka. His heart skips a beat. He was very fascinated by her look. 

"Beautiful" Rome muttered. Junka shyly accepted the compliment. "Shall we go now, princess?" he asked while taking Junka's hand to link with his.

"Shut up" Junka mumbled, feeling embarassed. Then, they walked towards the car.

"Take care of my sister hyung" Minwoo shouted while trailing them.

"I will!" Rome shouted back.

 

The ballroom was so pretty with a big crystal chandeliers that decorated it. There was a buffet at the right wall of the ballroom. There was dancing floor in the middle and there were a lot of circle tables for the guests to sit, talk, or eat. The ballroom was also decorated by few fake plants that makes it more exclusive. The ballroom was already crowded with the students with their partners even though more and more students keep appearing at the entrance. When they stepped into the ballroom, they stopped at the entrance for a couple photoshoot before proceeded into the ballroom. 

Siwoo and Naeun arrived at the venue. They stopped at the entrance and let the photographer do his job. They proceeded to the tables that they were assigned to. They sat at the table and the waiter offered them a glass of water each. 

"This is my first time to go to this type of occasion" Siwoo said, starting a conversation.

Nauen smiled, "Me too. This is my first time too and I'm happy that I'm attending this event with a person that I like"

Siwoo smiled back, didn't respond to anything because he wished to come to this type of occassion with Lee Junka. "I'm going to check what's on the buffet. You wait here okay?" he offered and headed to the buffet table. 

"OMG her dress is so pretty" a random girl said near the buffet table.

"Where?" her friend asked.

"At the entrance" she answered. 

Siwoo was putting some garlic bread onto his plate when he heard her but he just shook his head and muttered to himself, "Girls"

"Wait. Isn't that the boyish girl with fangs and brown eyes?" another random girl said.

It caught Siwoo's attention. He turned to look at the entrance. He dropped the tong he was holding because he was awed to look at Junka in that dress. He expected that she would come with Rome but he didn't expect that she would really come. Even Junka never told him but he knew that Junka really isn't a girl for this occassion but she proved to him today. 

The eyes were on Junka as they walked to their assigned table. She felt shy yet uncomfortable. She didn't like the attention. No, she didn't like prom nights. The eyes that were on her made her gripped on Rome's arm tighter. She had to hold herself from yelling to these people not to look at her like she was kind of alien that came from another planet. She hated the attention because she knew and she was scared that everyone will judge her.

Realizing the situation, Rome bent a little to her ear and whispered, "Relax. You look beautiful tonight. That is why they are looking at you"

Junka felt relieved and at eased after hearing that. Junka looked forward and she saw Siwoo and Naeun were sitting at one of the tables at the back of the ballroom. Rome was leading her to the table. She screamed inside, not wanting to sit the same table as them but she couldn't. 

"Annyeong!" Rome greeted them with a smile and a bowed. Junka bowed to them.

"Annyeong" Naeun said and bowed back. Siwoo just bowed back but his eyes were stick on Junka.

"You look pretty today Naeun-ssi" Rome praised her. They were still linking their arms. Junka's eyes wandered around the ballroom, avoiding any eye contact with Siwoo.

"Thank you" Naeun cheered. "You two look like a perfect couple" she said while linking her arm with Siwoo's who was sitting beside her.

Junka and Rome smiled back. "Thank you and you two look wonderful" Rome added.

"You came" Siwoo muttered to Junka but they could hear him. Junka smirked at him. 

"Attention. Please sit down at your assigned table. We will begin in 3 more minutes" the MC announced. 

Rome and Junka went to the empty seats beside Siwoo. Rome pulled the chair beside Siwoo for Junka. Junka gracefully sat on it as Rome pushed it in and settled himself down beside her. 

 

The light was dimmed. The students were scattered everywhere. It was their last year of school of course for the 19 year old students and they were enjoying it very much. Some of them were dancing to the beat of the song played by the deejay. Some of them were gossipping and chatting. Some of them were enjoying the buffet until they were full. Rome had a glass of orange juice in his hand. He was talking about something with a group of other boys in a circle. Naeun was having fun dancing with her friends that she met after she knew Siwoo. Thanks to Siwoo she could make friends now. She wasn't afraid anymore. 

Junka and Siwoo were sitting at the table, sighing. 

"What are we doing?" Junka asked.

"I have no idea" Siwoo replied back.

"This is so...." Junka said. "Boring" they said in unison. 

Siwoo turned his head to Junka. "Yah Lee Junka" he called.

Junka turned her head to him. "What?"

"You look beautiful" he praised.

Junka blushed. She didn't know what to respond so she just smiled. "You look good too" she muttered.

He heard her, "Really? I know white and red suit me very much" he complimented himself. Junka chuckled at him. "Do you want to go somewhere else?" he asked.

Junka nodded to his invitation because she was dead bored to be in the ballroom. 

When they were about to get up and leave, suddenly there was an announcement. "Now, we will head the spotlight to any couple to sing on stage!" The crowd cheered and they've gone even wilder. 

They hovered the spotlight randomly at the crowds. Junka took a deep breath as they hovered the spotlight passed them but she was wrong. The spotlight hovered back to them and it stopped hovering. 

"Give a big round of applause to this couple!" the MC cheered and the applaused were loud. "My assistants, please lead them on stage" Suddenly there were 2 guys came towards them and pulled them on stage.

When they were on stage, the crowds become more noisier than before as if they were already performing something. 

"Look who we have here. Ahhhh. You two are definitely not from our batch but I know you guys. You won the last talent show right?" the MC asked. Siwoo nodded but Junka didn't respond anything. "It would be easier then for you to perform. Sing anything. Make us amazed since this year is our last year. Can you?" the MC asked. Both of them didn't respond. "I guess that's a yes!"the MC cheered and followed by the crowd. The MC passed the guitar that his assistant gave to Siwoo and 2 mics for each one of them. Another assistant walked on the stage and gave a mic stand the mic stands.

Junka looked at Siwoo when he already wore the guitar strap and connect the guitar to the amplifier. Junka grabbed Siwoo's arm. "We are not doing this" she said. 

Siwoo smiled, "Relax. We can do this. Just like the last time"

"I can't do this and I don't want to do this" Junka said, putting down the mic on the floor.

Before she could leave, Siwoo took her hand and forced her to face him. "Lee Junka. Please. I can't do this without you. Help me. We rarely been together and this is our chance. Please. You told me to be brave to stand in front of people but why not you?"

Junka took a deep breath. She blew the air upwards made her hair bang to fly. "Okay fine. I'm doing this for you Kim Taemin" she said picikng up the mic from the floor. Siwoo smile. "The same song?" she asked.

"Remember the Block B Lee Taeil 넌 어디에 that we practiced before?" Siwoo asked. Junka nodded. "We are doing that"

"Okay" Junka muttered. They had mic stand each and Junka was standing in front of it nervously. She waited for Siwoo que before they begun. 

They began the singing. The crowd were very fascinated by the duo. Some of the couples were even dancing to it at the dancing floor. Some of them were even waving their hands slowly to the song as if they were at a concert. 

"Wow!!" the MC shouted when they finished their performance. "Give them a big around of applause." the MC cheered so did the crowd. "That was a very awesome and amazing performance. Do you like the performance?" the MC asked the crowd.

"Ne!" they shouted.

The MC looked at them as Siwoo put the guitar leaning on its stand. "You two were great" the MC praised. He then took a deep breath and said "Now you two get off the stage this is my stage anyway. Quick quick" He even slap Siwoo's when Siwoo walked passed him. Junka just chuckled to see it in front of her as they were heading down the stage.

"ert MC. Eeuww" Siwoo complaint as they were off stage.

Junka laughed a little hearing to it. "I'll go get some water. My throat hurts from the high pitch" she walked away as Siwoo trailed her walking to the beverage station. 

Someone poke on Siwoo's shoulder from his back. He turned to look who it was and found Naeun behind him. "Son Naeun" Siwoo muttered. 

"Kim Taemin. Come" she said, taking his hand. She brought him out of the ballroom and headed to one of the empty hallways. 

Siwoo roused his eyebrows. "What are we doing here?"

Naeun pushed him, his back leaned on the cold wall. She stared into Siwoo's eyes and Siwoo stared her back. There was terror and anxiousity in his eyes. She leaned forward and whispered in his ears, "I'm here" 

"What do you mean?" he asked. His voice was shaky. He was totally trapped. Naeun had prevent him from moving with her own body.

"I know that the song wasn't for me I just want you to know that I'm here. Always here, by your side" she explained.

"M--" Naeun landed her lips on his before Siwoo could utter a word. The kiss was passionate and he had to admit that Naeun was a very good kisser. She suddenly put Siwoo's arm around her waist before wrapping her arms around his neck. 

Junka was standing there with 2 glasses of plain water in her hands. She looked around when she couldn't find Siwoo at where she left him before. She put the glass on the table near her and started to look for him. She was worried that something bad happened to him. By bad things she meant, Kangjun and Ray. She ran out of the ballroom. She checked every hallway and room near the ballroom. She was at the end of the hallway when she saw a couple kissing. At first she felt disgusted but then she knew the figure, it was Kim Taemin and Son Naeun. Her hands started to shiver to watch the scene. Her heart was beating fast. Her feelings were mixed up. Feeling of anger, jealousy, sad, disappointment, relieved and all. She took a deep breath and walked away from there. She quickly walked out of the hotel while wiping the liquid that kept flowing from her eyes, rolling down her cheeks. Yes, it was her tears. She couldn't hold it in so she let it out. No one saw her leaving. Not even Yu Barom. 

Siwoo, he didn't know if he was doing the right thing. His heart is for Lee Junka and he wasn't ready to give in his heart for someone else but there was no point for him to wait for her. He saw it clearly, right in front of his eyes that Junka was kissing with Rome. He didn't even have to confess he knew that he was rejected by her. He knew that he had to move on but he needed time to do that. Everything was happening too fast for him. 'Is this right?' he thought.

He gripped Naeun's waist and pushed her from him. Naeun was dumbfounded. He frowned to her while wiping his lips because the lipstick that Naeun had on her were all over his lips too.

"What's wrong?" Naeun asked, pissed off. 

"It is me who supposed to ask that" he replied back almost yell. 

Naeun took a deep breath and hook her hair behind her ear, "Fine. I'm sorry. Can we start all over again?" she came forward.

Siwoo stepped backwards and yelled, "Son Naeun. No! I don't want this. I explained to you that I like someone else right? Why are you still doing this? Please Son Naeun" He took few steps backwards, turned around and left her. 

"It was Lee Junka right?" Naeun said. That made Siwoo stopped from keep walking. He turned to Naeun and waited for her to say anything else. "How could you like her and not me? What she got that I don't? I bet I am way prettier than she is. I am more gentle than she is. I am nicer than her. I am way better in every single thing than her. Why couldn't you see that in me?"

Siwoo took a deep breath and explained, "Yes, you are way prettier than her. You are way more gentle that her and you are nicer than her but you definitely misjudged her. You don't know her at all. There's no need for me to describe how good and better she is than you because I believe that you remember how I described her at our first meeting" He turned away and continued his walk, leaving Naeun who was already crying. He stopped and added, "Don't cry. There's a lot of man out there that deserves you better and will treasure you better than I do" He left.

 

Junka was walking along the river that was situated near the hotel where the prom was held. She walked slowly, enjoyed the night breeze. It totally made her more relaxed even though her tears keep falling and rolling down her cheeks. Suddenly, she tripped because of the heels. She laughed to herself, thinking how stupid she was to accept the invitation to go to the prom that she had to wear this kind of clothes. "These heels are obviously pissed me off" she mumbled to herself. She took off the heels and held it in her hand. She continued her walk, trying to let out whatever she saw earlier. She tried to forget the scene so that it won't make her feel more sad but she couldn't. The scene kept playing in her head. 

Without she realized, there was someone who had been following her from her back. A stranger. When Junka was totally unfocused, that was the time the stranger attacked her. He wrapped his arm around Junka's neck to prevent her from moving and with his other hand, he shut Junka off with a handkerchief that is soaked with chloroform. In split seconds, she passed out. Soon after that a car arrived and the stranger carried Junka inside the car. The stranger left something behind.

The high heels Junka wore were left at the accident place.

-------------------

To be continued...

 

~~~~~~

Please leave comments :D