Chapter 1

She Is Not My Protector!

He whistled to his favorite song while walking along the hallway back to his class. A can of coffee was in his right hand. He opened the can and walked passed students who were busy cleaning up their classes. He put on his earphone that was hanging on his shoulders and put the playlist on shuffle.

There was a troop of boys hanging around in front of their class. Hanging and joking around. He realized the troop. He stopped in front of the troop and bowed to them. He then continued walking back to the class but one of the boys pulled his school blazer and forced him to spin around. He stumbled on his feets. It was the school bully, Kangjun.

Ray, another school bully walked towards them and took the can from his hand. "I believe this is mine" he drank the coffee. The boys laughed at him as Siwoo stood there, not even moving or have a sign to fight back.

"Coward" Kangjun muttured. "Now go back to your class, innocent kid!" he spun him and pushed him, forcing him to walk. 

As he was walking back to his class, he mumbled to himself, "I'm not a coward. I just don't like to start a fight" The school bell rang as he reached his class.

Yes, he did not like to start a fight. He did not like competitions. That was why people kept calling him a coward. He was a smart student. He wasn't the top student but smart enough to go on competitions that involved brain. His body was well builded. He was strong but he never wanted to join any competition that involves physical. Conclusion, he hated competitions! He have been called 4D, innocent, coward and many more but he ignored it because he was used to it. Despite his cute, handsome face and well bulit body, he never have a girlfriend, because he didn't have enough strength to confess to someone he liked. He wasn't afraid, he called it as not brave enough.

He sat at his place. It was at the edge of the class. His place was next to the window where he could view a beautiful garden his school has provided. His place was the last row with no one to sit with him. He was totally alone. He sat on the chair and took out the Math text book before the most fierce teacher, Mr Seo, walked in.

The class door slid open. The teacher walked in, followed by a girl? No a boy? A girl maybe? Or a boy? Let's try use 'he'. So he walked into the class behind Mr Seo with both of his hands inside his blazer pocket. He was chewing a gum. He wasn't tall or short. But if Siwoo stands in front of her, she will about his shoulders height. He had a yellow-short hair. Very short. Shorter than a man's hair. He was wearing a girl's school uniform. And what was more fascinating about him were his eyes. He had a pair of hazel-brown eyes. Not sure either it was contac lens or his real eyes but it looked real. He somehown looked like a foreigner. So who is he?

The students stood up and gave Mr Seo a good morning bow. "Ne annyeonghaseyo. You may sit" Mr Seo ordered. "Aishhh. I don't know how many times I should say this, I know you are smart and brilliant enough but at least do something more productive and stop wandering around" He added, "At the end of the class, I will give your last test result. Be prepared."

Siwoo's class was the first class for his grade. There are only smart and brilliant students in that class. Although Siwoo was in that class, he ranked last among them.

Mr Seo turned to the new student. He stuck out the long ruler he was holding to the new kid. "Stop chewing!" he yelled. "Go throw it into the trash bin" he pointed to the trash bin that was situated at the front edge of the class. He slightly walked to the trash bin and spat out the gum while giving him a death glare. He then walked back to the teacher. "Students, we have a new student here" he announced to the class and turned to him, "Introduce yourself"

Mr Seo moved backwards to give enough space for him to introduce himself in front of the class. He stepped forward. "Annyeonghaseyo" he spoke out. 

'So she's a girl' Siwoo thought. Her voice wasn't rough or deep like any man. Her voice was like a normal woman. Not annoying like some girls. Her voice was calm and peaceful but he could sense there was some harsh things in her voice.

"My name is Lee.." she paused.  "Jun..." she paused again. "Ka.." she ended. "Ne, Lee Junka" she added.  She looked at each and everyone in the class. She then rolled her eyes. "All of you must be wondering either I am a girl or a boy. Am I right?" she smirked. "Don't misgender me. Na namja anigodeunnyo(I'm not a boy). Na yeojayo(I am girl). This skirt..." she lifted her skirt up a bit to show everyone that she was wearing a skirt, she continued, "...shows that I am obviously a girl. I'm from Jeju and I know judo. I've won 4 times in consecutive years in Judo international championship when I was in elementary. 3 times in consecutive years in junior high. I'm strong. Stronger than any one of you. So don't even try to mess up with me and if you try to, you will definitely,..." she smirked. When she smirked, they could see clearly her sharp, white and shining fangs. "...die" she whispered.

But the whisper could be hear by each and every students in the class. Her voice echoed in each and every students' ears. It's a whisper but it sounded like she was talking using the loudspeaker. 

Every students gulped. Including Siwoo. "That's enough of you talking" Mr Seo grabbed her shoulder and pushed her aside, making her stumbled. "So where should I put you?" Mr Seo mumbled to himself. He looked over the class. 

Siwoo closed his eyes, looked down, put his hands together, praying as Mr Seo was looking over the class. "Please not beside me. Please not beside me" he mumbled to himself. 

"Kim Taemin" Mr Seo called out his name. He opened his eyes and muttured, "I am so dead" He tilted his head up.

"Ne?" he responded and widened his eyes. 

"Is there anyone sitting beside you?" Mr Seo asked.

He wanted to say 'Yes. I have company' but he was too innocent to lie, he shook his head, "Aniyo" he answered.

Mr Seo turned to Junka. "You can sit beside him. If you want anything or need a guide of this school, you can ask him since he is the class monitor" he ordered. Junka was about to walk to her place but was stopped by Mr Seo sudden warn, "Don't forget to dye your hair black. Fancy hair colors are forbidden in this school. I will let you go this time since you are new but you better dye it back as soon as possible before I bring you to the principal. And your contact lens is not allowed in school."

Junka turned her head back to Mr Seo and smirked to him. "I can dye my hair black but I can't change my eyes black" she said.

"Mworago?" Mr Seo narrowed his eyes. "Are you saying those eyes are real?" he asked suspiciously.

She rose her shoulders and smirked, "My mum gave it to me"

"Fine. Just dye your hair black and go back to your seat" Mr Seo said and turned to face the whiteboard. "Is that even real?" he mumbled to himself and erased the whiteboard.

She then continued walking to her seat. As she came closer, Siwoo's heart was beating faster. Faster than usual. It was racing.

She stopped at her seat and pouted. She didn't like her place. She looked at Siwoo. Siwoo was avoiding any eye contact with her. He was looking straight to the whiteboard at the front class. "Can we change place? I want to sit next to the window" she said to Siwoo.

Siwoo looked up at her. He liked his current place and he didn't want to switch places but he couldn't say no, so he said, "Yes of course". He stood up, pushed his books to the next desk and grabbed his bag. He sat comfortably at his new place. He let out a breath and looked at Junka who was about to settled down at her seat. 

She fixed her chair and corrected her position on the chair. She glanced at Siwoo who was looking curiously at her. "Mwo?!" she asked, roughly.

Siwoo shook his head. "Nothing" he looked back to Mr Seo who was already starting teaching. 

Junka put her chin on the table. She covered her head with her arms. She laid her head flat on the table, turning to Siwoo. "What subject is he teaching?" she asked. 

Siwoo gulped as he knew that the question was for him. He looked at Junka and answered, "Maths". He cleared his throat, "I think you should focus in his class. He is a fierce teacher. He will hit and spank you anytime. Without mercy" he added. There was concern in his voice. He couldn't believe himself that he could talk like that to Junka. A very harsh and rough girl. It was his first time though talking to a girl like that.

Junka rose her eyebrow as she wondered why he was so concerned about that and afraid of Mr Seo. Mr Seo is just a human. He is not an alien or a predator that eats humans brain. Or he did? 

"Do you have a dictionary?" she asked. Siwoo narrowed his eyes, wondering what she wanted to do with a dictionary during Maths subject. He just nodded and took out the dictionary from his bag. He handed it to Junka. 

Junka harshly took it from his hand and put it in the middle of her desk. She closed her eyes and laid her head on the dictionary, preparing to go to dreamland. 

Siwoo was shocked that Junka was really brave to sleep in Mr Seo's class. He didn't want Mr Seo to see her sleeping and get mad at her. He was about to put his hand on her shoulder to wake her up. His hand was few inches away from her shoulder but he was stopped by Junka.

"Don't disturb me" Junka said while her eyes were still shut. "It's Maths. A very easy subject. Later I will ask Lee Minwoo to teach me"

Siwoo took his hand away from her and focus back in the class. He thought he could focus but he couldn't. He kept on glancing at Junka who was sleeping when Mr Seo was looking away or was writing on the whiteboard. The sun shone into the class. Junka's face from pale turned orange because of the sun and maybe, because of her yellow hair. His heart was beating fast again. Faster than the previous. It felt like it was racing in the F1. He rubbed his eyes as he could see Junka's face was sparkling and shining. It was his first time to see someone like that. He then stood up and raised her hands.

"Mr Seo" he called.

"Yes, Kim Taemin?" Mr Seo turned from the whiteboard to him. He had a book and a black marker pen in his hands.

"May I go to the toilet?" he asked. 

Mr Seo nodded. "Yes, you may go" 

Siwoo quickly walked out of the class and ran to the nearest toilet. He stopped in front of a sink and opened the tap. He took a handful of water and washed his face. He did it thrice. He stared himself in the mirror and took a deep breath. Inhaled, exhaled, inhaled,exhaled. 

"Relax Kim Taemin. You probably having eyes problem and need a spectacle. You should find a spectacle for you, Kim Taemin" He took another deep breath. "Lee Junka, she is just another student. She will ignore you and assume you are not exist in this school. Just like how the others are doing to you Kim Taemin" he said it to himself in the mirror. 

He washed his face again and stared into the mirror again. "Lee Minwoo?" he said to himself. "I think I know him" he added.

He closed the tap and walked back to his class. 

--------------------

He examined every book on the bookshelves in the store. It was his favorite bookstore. Most of his favorite author books were there. He could spend the whole day in that store but the book store didn't belong to him. He had to go home before the bookstore closed for a day.

He had a room full of books, novels and comics. He have books in every genre. Name it, he has it. The room was his heaven. He spent most of his time in that room. It was no use to stay in the living room with his parents. For him, his parents were the same as his schoolmates. His parents never asked about how was his day, how was his school, how was his school grade, did anyone ever bullied him in school, did he have crush on any girl. No, they never asked. They were too busy with their work. Both of them were the CEO's most trusted person. So when the CEO needs them, they have to be there. His family wasn't rich. His family don't have a house mansion like Gu Junpyo in Boys Over Flowers. His house was just a double storey house with a beautiful garden at the back of their house. He was the only son in the family. His parents approved to give him two rooms, one is his bedroom and the other one is his library. Mini library.

He had his earphone on and his favorite song played on shuffle. He hummed to the songs and checked to any new novels. He picked an English novel and examined the cover. He read the synopsis at the back and flipped through the pages. He then put back the novel on the shelf and walked out of the store.

He put both of his hands into his blazer pocket. He felt something in his pocket and took it out. It was his test result slip. He examined the grades he got. He scored all of the subjects with A and A+.

"They won't care if I show this " he said to himself and crumpled the slip. He then threw it over his shoulder, behind him. The slip landed on the road. He continued his walk to go back home.

A guy stopped and bent down to pick up the paper Siwoo threw. He chased after him and grabbed on his shoulder.

"Excuse me" he said and spun Siwoo around to face him.

Siwoo widened his eyes, wondering what was this guy doing. A guy in school uniform approached him. Not from his school obviously. He was about his tall and he had a slightly curly hair at the end. The front part of his hair was dyed in yellow and the rest of his hair was dyed backish-brown.

"Ne?" Siwoo asked.

The guy took Siwoo's right arm and put the slip on his palm, "Do not litter. Please throw this into the dustbin. We should keep our country clean"

"Oh sorry" he crumpled it more and put it back inside his pocket. Siwoo examined the guy's face, "Lee Minwoo? TK? TopKid?" he asked.

"How did you know my name?" he rose his eyebrow. "The most important thing is, how did you know what Siwoo called me?" Silenece creeped in, giving him chance to think and remember. "No way" he added. He shook his head and a smiled curved on his face, "Kim Taemin?"

"Oh yes!" Siwoo jumped of joy and quickly hugged Minwoo. Minwoo hugged him back. After 2 minutes of hug, they let each other go. "Since when you moved back to Seoul, huh TK? You never contact me when you are in Jeju. You never reply my letters too. I thought the address changed so I stopped sending you letters. How could you" he pouted. "I've been missing you TK"

"Last week" Minwoo answered. "And please don't call me TK after this. That is so long time ago. Please" he begged. "And sorry for not keeping in touch with you back then. It is a very long story and I can't wait to tell everything to you" he apologized.

"Sure" he grinned. "Top Kid" then he laughed and received a punch on his chest. "I miss you dude. We should grab some coffee and have some chit chat"

Minwoo looked at his watch. "I can't make it today. I'm in hurried. I have to go home or I'll be dead. Noona might kill me" he said in hurried. "See you again Siwoo. Bye" he turned around and started to run.

"Noona?" Siwoo muttured to himself. "Since when TK have a noona?" he stood for a while to remember his friend's family profile. He shook his head and turned the other way and started walking. "I will ask him later" he added.

--------------------

To be continued...