Chapter 17

She Is Not My Protector!

"See you in next 10 years bro" Minwoo muttered as he hugged Siwoo before he left the country to Japan. Since Siwoo had no one else except for his best friend, only Minwoo came to say goodbye to him. No shadow of Lee Junka. Not at all. 

Siwoo tappe Minwoo's back. He let go off the hug and smiled. "Thank you for being my friend. I am looking forward to see you in next 10 years too"

"I can't believe that my friend is going to be a CEO in next 10 years. I envy you" Minwoo smirked.

"Don't be. You'll be a great doctor in next 10 years and I am pretty sure about that" Siwoo smiled, patting on his friend's shoulder.

Siwoo's mum stood beside Siwoo and suddenly hugged Minwoo. Minwoo felt awkward with that hug he just put an awkward smile when Siwoo's mother broke the hug. "Thank you for being my son's friend. I bet you know what we did to him for these past 17 years. Don't worry. We promised Siwoo that we are not going to leave him alone again" she said.

Minwoo smiled and felt at ease when Siwoo's mother said the promise word that he told Siwoo. He was a bit worry too at first that Siwoo will get abondoned again but when his mother said it, he felt better. "Nehh. I trust you" Minwoo said.

Suddenly, there was an announcement made saying that the flight is going to depart in 10 minutes. Siwoo and Minwoo looked at each other. They hugged for the last time and Siwoo muttered thank you for the last time too. Minwoo just tapped his friend's back, knowing how sad he felt for not being able to say goodbye his love. For not being able to see his love for the last time. For not being able to hug his love for the last time just like what he did.

"About Lee Junka. You don't have to worry. I will take care of her. She's my noona anyway" Minwoo tried to put a smile.

Siwoo shook his head with a weak smile. "I know that she will be safe in your and Rome hyung hands. I'm not going to worry anything about her" he said. Minwoo just patted his upper arm as a sign for Siwoo to be strong. Siwoo just smiled. He turned around while pulling his luggage until someone shouted his name from distance.

"KIM TAEMIN! YAH! WAIT UP!" 

Siwoo and Minwoo turned to where the voice came from. They saw Rome running towards them. He was alone and there was an envelope in his hand. He stopped right in front of Siwoo and put both of his hands on his waist. He panted for more air as he was running everywhere to search for Siwoo. 

"I...think..I'm getting old.Pheuuww" he said alternately taking some air. He took another deep breath. He turned to Siwoo and patted his shoulder. "Here. Take this" he said while handing the green envelope to Siwoo.

Siwoo stared at the envelope. He blinked and turned his gaze to Rome. Rome just nodded as a sign that there was nothing harmful about the envelope and he should just take it. Slowly, Siwoo reached out his hand and took the envelope. "What is this?" Siwoo asked.

"Promise me you will open it as soon as you arrived there okay?"  Rome winked.

Siwoo frowned at the wink. He wondered what was Rome intention this time and the wink, it made Siwoo felt that Rome wanted to flirt with him. He shook his head and quickly get the thoughts out of his mind. He knew that there was no way that Rome was a gay. He liked Lee Junka and Lee Junka liked him. They will get married soon. have kids and loved each other until they got older.

Siwoo just smiled back and nodded his head. "I will do that"

"Taemin-ahh" his mum called from where she and his father were lining up to get their tickets checked. Siwoo hugged Minwoo and Rome for the last time. He turned around and slowly jogged towards his parents while pulling the luggage.

 

JAPAN

Siwoo landed his back on the bed with his arms wide spread. He was tired of unpacking his luggage and jet lagged. He thought he needed to get use to jet lag because when he became one of the CEO's, he knew that he had to go to many countries later on. Or maybe not?

He rolled his body to his right. There was a couple of wooden dolls in kimono arranged on the shelf. He stared at the dolls and suddenly his mind was blank until something came through his mind. Lee Junka. He had been thinking of her all the time. When he was in the airplane, when he was unloaded his luggages, when he unpacked his luggage, when he had a late dinner with his parents. Lee Junka just could not leave his mind even though she wasn't there. He was missing her so much that he saw Junka's face on the doll. 

He just put a weak smile on his face thinking how good Junka was at making him losing his mind. He turned his head to the other side. He then reached for his phone inside his pants pocket. He slid it unlock and called Lee Junka's number. He didn't care about how much he had to pay for calling overseas. He just wanted to hear her voice even though she didn't know his Japan's phone number. 

'The number you are calling is no longer in service'

Siwoo widened his eyes. "No longer in service?" he muttured to himself. "Don't tell me that...." He tried to call her again and he received the same respond. "She changed her phone number" he sighed. "She must be hating me very much"

He sighed again. He then remembered the envelope that Rome gave to him. He slowly reached for the envelope from inside the bagpack beside him. He held the envelope up above his head. He could see there was a paper inside it and also something heavy inside it. He slowly opened the envelope sealed and suddenly a metal chain fell on his face. He groaned in pain because it hit his forehead hard. He took the metal chain.

It wasn't the metal chain. It was the charm bracelet that have a heart locket on it. There was a name curved on it and it was Lee Junka's name. Siwoo quicly sat up and examined the bracelet. As far he remembered, he threw the bracelet into the river. How could it get into the envelope? He quickly took out the paper from the envelope and opened it. His tears dropped as soon as he read it,

Please don't call me.

Please don't text me.

Please don't ever think of me.

Please focus on what you are doing.

Please give me a second chance.

This time, I will find you.

Wait for me, Kim Taemin.

Please.

He brought the letter to his chest and cried for it. He cried even harder than before. "LEE JUNKA!" he screamed.

-----------------------

12 years later:

Minwoo was busy talking with the guests at the reception wedding party. He looked around and he couldn't find any shadow of his sister. She was supposed to be around. He wandered his eyes around the ball room and spotted his sister walking out of the ballroom. He politely excused himself from the chat group and followed his sister. He didn't forget to took a glass of plain water to give to her later. He had become more gentleman as he became older. To be exact, 29 years old.

He spotted Junka was sitting on the white rounded couch not far away from the ballroom. He approached his sister. When he reached her, he handed her a glass of plain water. Junka looked up at Minwoo and took the glass from him. "Thanks" she muttured.

Minwoo fixed his white before he comfortably sat beside Junka. Junka was in her short creamed color dressed. Her hair has grew longer. She didn't look like a thug, a gangster or a boy anymore. She looked more gorgeous, gentle and pretty. She even had a flower lace hair band on her head. 

"You look pretty today noona" Minwoo praised her. Junka glared at him and he gave her wink.

Junka smirked as if she was disgusted. "What do you want?" she asked. She knew that her dongsaeng won't praised her easily unless he has something else for a favor.

Minwoo quickly changed the topic. "I can't believe that our sunbae is finally getting married. Rome hyung"

Junka just put a weak smile while looking down at his feets. No boots or sneakers on his feets. This time it was beautiful silver high cut strings high heels. She get used to wear the high heels because modelling was her part time job. She succeeded to get a job as an interior designer. Thanks to Lee Minwoo who introduced her to his friend who worked as photographer. She got the credit as a model because of her height. Her beautiful brown eyes and her cute fangs. 

"I know right. Yu Barom is finally getting married. I am happy that he is happy. Son Naeun is definitely a right choice" Junka muttured. She turned to his dongsaeng and smirked. "Seriously? What do you want?"

"Nothing to be exact. I am just curious" Minwoo responded.

"About what?" Junka asked

"Kim Taemin"

Junka's eyes widened to hear that name. She was in shocked state that Minwoo mentioned that name again. "Kim Taemin?" she asked for confirmation.

Minwoo nodded. "Eung. Kim Taemin. I wonder what is he doing right now" he muttured. Junka didn't say anything. "Don't you want to meet him again noona?"

Junka let out a sigh and leaned her back. "Of course I want to meet him again but what can I do. I never know his phone number. I changed my number when he left"

"You forget me" Minwoo smiled

"Your phone got stolen so definitely he lost your number too" Junka smirked weakly

"Just in what era are you living Lee Junka? We have SNS Lee Junka-ssi. There's always a way to get connected with him" Minwoo complained. "I can get him address if you want to" Minwoo suggested.

Junka didn't ask if Siwoo ever asked about her because she knew he wouldn't. That what she asked Siwoo to do in her letter. She just shook her head. "Molla. I don't know if I am ready to meet him" she muttured and she shook her head again. "I don't know if he wants to meet me"

Minwoo sighed. He couldn't bear to hear sister's emotional words. She just got very into the dramas these days that sometimes she brought it to her life. He knew that he have to helped her to wake up from the emotional dramas and step on the reality world again. "Come on noona. You are getting older and you didn't hook up with anyone since Siwoo left. You have been single for 12 years because you are waiting for Siwoo to come back. This time you have to chase what you want. You can't wait for him to come back to you after what you have done to him. I know he is waiting for you too. You just have to find him. Ask him for  second chance" he explained.

"What if...." Junka couldn't finish her sentence because Minwoo cut her off.

"No more excuses noona. Please. Just go. Meet him, apologize, ask for second chance and get married quickly. I can't get married with Kyuwan until you get married. Grandpa's rules. Remember?" he added.

"That's your real intention right?" Junka smirked followed by a giggled. She knew how Minwoo felt for having to delay his marriage because she was being stupid for not chasing her love. "Thanks anyway" she said and gave a hug to Minwoo.

"No prob" Minwoo muttured.

-------------------

Junka quickly took out the paper with Siwoo's address on it, a tour guide book and a map when she safely arrived at Japan airport. She gorgeously walked in the airport while dragging her small red luggage and a black backpack on her back. She stopped at the main entrance and look for a taxi. One of the taxi drivers approached her and offered himself to give Junka a ride to her hotel. She was lucky that the driver knew how to speak simple English so she wouldn't have to worn herself out trying to speak in Japanese.

"Would you like to go straight to your hotel?" the driver asked in English.

Junka sweetly smiled to the taxi driver and shook her head. "No. I want to look around Tokyo city first. Can you tour me around?"

The driver smiled back to her and nodded his head. "Sure. No problem" he said as he stepped on the paddle.

Junka was amazed and impressed with the buildings around Tokyo. It was so beautiful and very breathtaking. The taxi driver even recommended her few places where she could have wonderful dinner, where she could get very good souveniers and where she could shop for beautiful clothes. The taxi driver was very helpful since she never been to Japan before and she had no one there to tour her around or guide her.

When they arrived at the hotel where Junka would stayed in, the taxi driver quickly unloaded her luggage. Junka paid the taxi driver and gave him some tips. The taxi driver said thank you and headed to driver seat. Before he could enter the car, Junka called him. 

"Excuse me" Junka called.

"Yes?" the taxi driver asked with a smile still on his face.

Junka passed him a paper and asked, "Do you know where is this?"

The taxi driver took the paper and read what was written on it. It was an address. He looked up at Junka and smiled, "I do know where this is. It's a condominium nearby. It is just in this area. Do you wish to go here?" He passed the paper back to Junka.

Junka nodded her head. "Yes but I wish to go there tomorrow. Can you bring me there?"

"Sure no problem" he said while taking out his business card out of his wallet. He gave it to Junka and said, "Such beautiful lady should get beautiful service. Just call me anytime"

Junka just smiled to the taxi driver and took the card. She thanked the taxi driver, dragged her luggage and checked in the hotel.

 

Junka dragged her luggage in and lean it over the wall. She threw the room key on the table beside the TV and took off the bagpack before harshly threw it on the floor. She headed to the queen sized bed and landed herself on it. She spread her arms wide and let herself bounced a little. She took a deep breath and let herself a bit more relax after sitting for quite a long time in the flight. She took a deep breath and release it. She did it several times until she felt she was a bit calm. 

She slid her hand into her pocket to take her phone. She slid the phone unlocked. She wanted to send a text message to Minwoo, telling him that she safely arrived Japan but it took her a few moment to stare at the her phone wallpaper. It was a picture of Siwoo that she took secretly when he was sleeping. She liked the photo so much because he looked so charming even though he was sleeping. She loved that photo that she never changed her wallpaper since he left. She then shook her head and smiled. She knew that she needed to look good and happy and nice to meet Siwoo on the next day. She had to look good because she asked him to wait for her and she believed that he would.

She quickly sent a text message to Minwoo. After that, she unpacked her luggage and headed to the bathroom.

--------------------

Junka had her hoodie and her favorite jeans on. She hadn't have her morning bath but she couldn't stop her hungry stomach from not eating since the night before. She went down to the cafe with her sleepy face. She put the hood on so that no one wouldn't see how awful she looked waking up in the morning. She quickly got up from her seat when she finished her breakfast and headed to the lift lobby.

She pressed the button and waited for the lift. She was yawning with her eyes closed when the lift arrived the ground floor. Still, she could glanced and saw a man in the middle with a woman surrounded by about 5 men in black suits. They elegantly walked out of the the lift with the man's hand on the woman's waist. 

Junka didn't suspect anything as she was doing a little stretch with her neck but then she thought she recognized the figure of the men. Her eyes widened and she looked back at the man. She couldn't see clearly his face because he was surrounded by the men in black suits. She just shrugged and stepped into the lift.

 

Junka paid the taxi driver and thanked him for sending her to the condominium. She shut the taxi door close and turned her body to face the main entrance. The main entrance looked very grand and beautiful. Even from the outside, Junka could see the lobby of the condominium and it really suit those elite, high class and VVIP people that lived there. She felt humble and embarrased at the same time. Although she made good money for herself as an interior designer, she would never meet this kind of class with her salary. She was lucky that she was a model and thus she learnt how to dress up properly and not to look as if she was homeless. 

She took a deep breath and slowly headed to the main entrance. The door slid opened automatically as she approached it. She walked in and stopped for a moment to adapt the environment. The lobby was very big. It even had a big crystal chandelier at the middle of it. There was also a big section where, she guessed, the lady of every house in that condominium could sit and gossiping around with handsome butlers to serve them wine and drinks. There was also a high class cafe where most of them were businessmans who checked on their investments every day through web or newspapers while drinking their coffee. She looked at all the people that were wandering around the lobby. She was impressed with them at how they made money by just sitting and waiting.

She took another deep breath and continued, heading to the lift. She stopped in front of the lift. There was a list of the name of residents on the wall. She checked the 13th floor to find Siwoo's name and she found that 13 is the highest floor and there was only name of 'Kim Taemin' on it. Junka was shocked to see that because by that it meant Siwoo was living in a penthouse so it has to be big the reason why he was the only resident who lived in 13th floor.

Junka sighed and muttured to herself, "You really made big money Kim Taemin" 

Suddenly the lift behind her arrived the ground floor. Junka turned around so that she could get on the lift quickly. When she turned around, she saw a man with a lady but the man's arm was around the lady's waist. Her eyes widened as she recognized who was that man. It was Kim Taemin.

The couple walked out of the lift while still talking to each other, without even bother their surrounding. Junka couldn't believe her eyes. She rubbed her eyes and looked at them as they walked towards the exit. Junka confirmed that it was Kim Taemin. She slowly followed them from behind. All she could see was Siwoo couldn't stop making the lady giggled by whispering into her ears.

There was a car waiting for them at the outside. Junka didn't follow them outside. Instead she stayed inside and hid behind one of the big vases at the lobby while peeking on them. Siwoo pecked a kiss on the lady's lips before he opened the car door for her. Siwoo stood there and waved goodbye until the car drove away. There was a huge smile on his face. He slowly slid his hand into his pocket and reached for his phone. He then walked back into the lobby while making a phone call.

When Junka saw Siwoo was walking into towards the lobby, she quickly shifted herself behind the vase so that he couldn't see her. Siwoo walked in and stopped right in front of her eyes. Without Junka realized, tears were already forming around her eyes as she was looking at her love once again after many years. She wanted to reach him. She wanted to touch him. She wanted to kiss him. She wanted to embrace him. She wanted to tell him how much she misses him. She wanted to tell him how much she suffered after he left. She wanted to tell him how much she loves him.

Unfortunately she couldn't. She couldn't do all the things she wanted after what she saw with her own eyes. She stuck out her hand as if she wanted to touch him but she pulled her hand back and hid quietly behind the vase. Siwoo walked again heading to the lift. Junka trailed him as he was walking while talking to the phone in some Japanese language that she couldn't understand. 

Junka stepped out from her hidden place when she was sure that Siwoo had entered the lift. She stared into the air and had no idea what she had to do next. What she knew was, her tears were flowing down her cheeks non stop. She wanted to hold it in. She wanted to stop crying but she couldn't. She wiped her tears with her sleeves, turned around and walked out of the building.

--------------------

To be continued...