Chapter 4

She Is Not My Protector!

The movie started. Minwoo was laying on the floor in front of the TV. He had a bowl of chips in front of him. Siwoo was sitting on the right side of the couch and Junka was on the left side. Junka put both her legs on the couch. She hugged them. She also had a small cushion with her. It was used to close her eyes when the ghost appeared. She was really into the movie.

Her heart beats fast. The glass in the movie dropped and that made Junka shocked, so she screamed, "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh"

"Ahhh noona. Why are you screaming? It's not even a ghost" Minwoo said, pissing off. 

Junka threw the cushion and it hit right on Minwoo's head, "Shut up. You know I have a very weak heart" she shished.

Siwoo chuckled to see them fighting over small thing. Junka glared at Siwoo. Siwoo saw the glare so he stopped chuckling. He cleared his throat and looked back at the TV.

It was the of the movie. Without Junka realizing it, she was actually moving closer to Siwoo. Junka might not realize it but Siwoo did. He acted cool and normal and not to realize anything. His arm left arm was on the header of the couch. In the end, Junka was sitting right beside him. Their skins touched. 

The ghost appeared and that made Junka shocked. She quickly turned her face towards Siwoo's chest. She peeked at the TV and the ghost was still there. Quickly, she buried her head on Siwoo's chest and hugged him. Siwoo bit his lips as Junka hugged him so tight that his hurt ribs felt numb. He closed his eyes to bare the pain.

Minwoo tilted his head to look at his noona. His eyes widened as he saw Junka was hugging Siwoo and Siwoo was completely in pain. "Noona!" he shouted.

Junka was surprised. She lift up her head and looked up. Siwoo's face showed that he was totally in pain. She let go off him and sat straight. She cleared . 

Minwoo burst into laughter. "I should expect this" he laughed. "Poor Siwoo. Does it hurt?"

Siwoo nodded. "A bit" he groaned.

"Sorry then" she rolled her eyes, got up and headed upstairs.

Minwoo sat beside Siwoo with a wide smile on his face. "The pain will be gone soon" he giggled. "How was it to be hugged by Junka?"

"You know" Siwoo answered, rubbing his ribs.

"No I don't know. She never hugged  me before" Minwoo ggigled again.

"Yeah right" Siwoo rolled his eyes.

"I bet she must be really embarass right now" he laughed.

"I HEARD THAT!" Junka shouted from the upstairs.

Minwoo and Siwoo looked at each other and they burts into laughter.

 

The three of them decided to sleep together in front of the TV because Junka forced them too. Minwoo was sleeping in the middle with Junka on his right and Siwoo on his left. 

Siwoo couldn't sleep that night. He tried to close his eyes and sleep several times but it resist to enter the dreamland. Siwoo turned his body towards Minwoo and Junka.

Suddenly, Junka's leg was on Minwoo's legs and her hand was on Minwoo's chest. Minwoo could hardly move because Junka hugged him so tight. He was very uncomfortable too. he often scratch his neck and pushed Junka away but Junka opposed it and came back to hug Minwoo.

Minwoo scratch his head and sat up. Then, he pushed Junka's leg off him and slowly he pushed her away from him. Junka who was still sleeping, rolled back to Minwoo. Minwoo sighed, "Ahhhh Lee Junka". He pushed her again but she rolled back. He gave up. He shrugged and got up. He quickly ran to the spiral stairs and get herself comfort on his own bed. 

There were Siwoo and Junka left. Siwoo gulped as he was very awkward. Minwoo didn't realize that Siwoo wasn't asleep. He glared at Junka who was fast asleep. She was laying with her chest down. He examined her face.

Her hair covered her face although it was short. Her skin was shining under the moonlight that came from the veranda. She looked like a fast asleep angel with her white tshirt and tracksuit. Her hands looked so soft although he beat people up several times before. And her lips. Her lips were so beautiful and fluffy. It was so red too. It looked like she wore a very daring lipsrtick but it's not. It was her nature colour. Maybe because of the moonlight. He really wanted to touch her skin and her lips.

Siwoo shook his head and turned his body to the other side. He tried to go to sleep. He tried hard no to think over things that over the limit. Well, you know. There was some space between Junka and Siwoo. Suddenly, he felt a hand was climbing up his back to the front. He felt a leg landed on his hip too. He turned his head over his shouder and he saw Junka was sleeping tightly behind him. She even buried his head on his back.

Siwoo turned back his head and took a deep breath. He felt comfortable and safe when Junka hugged him although it was a bit creepy for him. He felt happy and scared at the same time. He had these tingling feelings and he could feel butterflies in his stomach. Despite the pain on his ribs, he ignored it because he could bare the pain and he felt comfortable that way. He felt weird too. He felt that it was something he have been longing for. Maybe love. Love and care from someone.

He couldn't think straight. He closed his eyes tight and pursed his lips. Slowly, he entered into the dreamland.

 

The next morning, Siwoo had his shower and was heading to the kitchen. Junka was already in the kitchen. She was chopping some tofu to be put into the ramyeon she cooked. Minwoo was still on his bed upstairs. Siwoo approached her in the kitchen.  

Junka lifted her head to her right to see Siwoo was pouring some plain water in a glass. "Good morning" she said. "How was your sleep?" 

Siwoo almost spat out the water he drank. He cupped his mouth and quickly went to the sink to throw up all the water in his mouth. The sink was situated right behind where Junka was busy chopping. He had to slid his body so that their didn't touch. 

"Are you okay?" Junka asked, still busy chopping.

Siwoo nodded his head and wiped his mouth. "I'm okay" he said and took a couple of tissues. He felt weird. Didn't Junka remember that she was sleeping while hugging all the time? She woke up earlier than him so obviously she would realize it. Maybe she was pretending nothing happened. "The sleep was great" he answered. 

Junka turned around to face him with a knife in her hand. "I know why you spat just now but don't you ever tell Minwoo about what I did to you last night or....." she stepped forward and leaned forward to Siwoo. There was no gap between them. Siwoo leaned backwards. Then, she put the knife on Siwoo's neck that made Siwoo started to sweat. 

Junka chuckled looking at Siwoo's scared face. She turned back around to continue what was she doing. Siwoo let out a breath of relief when Junka turned. So, she really remembered what she did to him last night. He smiled to himself. She must be really embarassed.

---------------------

Siwoo's back slammed on the wall, under the stairs. More blood spat out from his mouth, slowly he slid down on the wall. The guy grabbed his collar again and forced him to stand up. He was tall and well built. He also had a black curly hair and a long scar on his left arm.

"Where's my money?" the other guy asked. He was shorter than the first guy but he has a short black spiky hair.

Siwoo coughed. "I told you" he coughed again. "I don't have any money" He was totally weak after got beat up by Kangjun's man. That was all they know to do if he said he did not have money, giving a big fist on his face.

It's not like he didn't have the money but he was tired to give them money. His parents always gave him 1 month pocket money and he would finish the 1 month money within 2 days because of this extortion. He hated it to ask more money from his parents because they will nag why he spent his money too much when they didn't know the real reason why their only son always short of money.

"You think we are stupid?" the tall guy clenched his teeth and punched on Siwoo's stomach several times. 

"Yah!" someone yelled. "You should find someone who suits to be your rival"

All heads turned to where the voice came from. Siwoo couldn't even moved an inch so he just prayed that sooner or later he would be out from this mess. But he still curious who it was because no one ever stopped them from beating him before. He tried to peek. His eyes narrowed and his mouth muttered, "Lee Junka?" 

The short guy turned to face Junka and asked, "Who are....." the question was left hanging with another question. "What gender are you?"

Junka smirked. "I'm wearing a girl's uniform. Does it shows that I'm a boy?" Junka crossed her arms and pretending to check on her nails "Maybe you need to see the doctor. I think you are either having sightness problem or blind" she glanced and smirked again.

The tall guy let go off his hands and turned to face Junka. Siwoo slid down and rested on the floor when he was let free. The tall guy streched his neck and arms. He then slid slid his hands inside his pocket. "Wahh you little girl. Do you know who you are talking to? We are Kangray's most trusted person. You better off before we do something else"

"You should call yourself lucky Ray doesn't allow us to beat girls up" the short guy added.

"Kangray? You mean Kangjun and Ray?" Junka glanced. She slid her hands into the pocket. "I guess two of you weren't there when I made your leader's rib broke. You know the rooftop accident" she smiled and pretended to cover with her hand. "Ooops. It's not an accident. I did it purposely with my judo talent" she smiled again and her smile became very scary yet mischievous. "Wanna try the pain?"

The tall guy eyes widened. "So you are Lee Junka?"

Junka nodded. "Lee Junka. My parents gave me that name. Problems?"  

The short guy whispered something to the tall guy and he just nodded. "Fine we will let you go now but sooner or later, we will meet again and see who is the best fighter" the tall guy said. Quickly the walked away from them.

Junka trailed them as they walked down the hallway. "Coward" she muttured. She turned her head to Siwoo who was still sitting on the floor. She let out a sigh and walked towards him. She bent down and held Siwoo's chin. "You need to go to the emergency room" 

Siwoo tried to sit straight. "Nahh. I'm okay" he smiled. 

"Yeah right you are damn okay. If you don't want them to treat you here, you should come to our house and leave it to Minwoo" Junka added while making herself comfort by sitting on the floor. 

Siwoo chuckled. "I'm really okay. I'm used to it. Anyway, thank you for saving me. This is maybe the fourth time in these 2 weeks?"

Junka rolled her eyes and let out a sigh. "You need to learn to stand on your feet and stop relying on other people to save you. Be a man. You should fight back if you know you are at the right side. If you let everyone bully you, you won't even have a chance to live. You should stop being a coward. I hate cowards" she tapped his arm and stood up.

She was about to walk away but she was stopped by Siwoo's sudden words. "But if you think I am a coward and you hate cowards, you are supposed to hate me too right? Then, why you still save and help me?" he asked. 

Junka turned her head over her shoulder and smirked. When she smirked, Siwoo could clearly see her fangs. "You can get up by yourself right?" she asked.

"I guess yes" Siwoo answered.

She smirked again. "See. I don't help you in every details" she then walked away leaving Siwoo.

Siwoo chuckled to himself. "Smart" he muttered.

--------------------

It was Mr Seo period. Siwoo took out the books for the period from his bag and put it on the table. Junka was still sleeping with her head facing Siwoo. 

The class door slid open. All of them were standing up and gave a bow to Mr Seo except for Lee Junka. Siwoo sat and fixed his chair so he was comfortable. Without hesitation or an fear, he put his hand on Junka's shoulder and shook her.

"Wake up" he said in a very slow tone. 

Junka tilted her head up but her eyes were still closed. "What period is this?" she asked. 

"History" he answered.

"Give me a break" she said and landed her face again on the table. "Wake me up when hesh lbreveang" she mumbled.

He pretended to understand what she said by nodding. He looked back in front and focused on Mr Seo.

 

Junka woke up when it was Mr Seo's period was almost over. Mr Seo gathered all his books and held it in his arms. "Remember class. The day after tomorrow there will be History and Maths test. So make sure you do enough preparation. There will be a punishment for those who fail" he said and walked out the class.

With sleepy face, Junka turned to Siwoo. Siwoo was busy keeping all his books into his bag. "Did Mr Seo said something about test?" she asked.

Siwoo put his bag on his table and nodded. He leaned on his chair. "History and Maths test"

Junka slammed her head on the table and it made a very loud sound. "I'm doomed" she muttured. 

All the students in the class were looking at Siwoo and Junka when they heard the loud sound. Siwoo just looked at them and smiled awkwardly. 

Junka lifted her head and asked, "When is it again?"

"The day after tomorrow" he answered, wishing that she won't slammed her head again.

But he was wrong, she did it again and muttered, "I'm so doomed"

The student's eyes were sticked on them. Siwoo looked at them and smiled awkwardly. He mouthed to them, "I don't know her. Really" He then turned to Junka. He hesitated to put his hand on Junka's shoulder at first. Then he took a deep breath and slowly put his hand on her shoulder. 

Junka sat up straight before Siwoo could say anything but his hand was still on her shoulder. "I'm not worry about Maths but History makes my life suffers" she exclaimed. 

He stuttered at first but then he could say it all, "I.... bet you can do it. That is why you are in this class right?"

"They put me in this class not because I'm brilliant or something but because this class have least students. Get it" she explained. She then looked at her shoulder and looked at Siwoo with narrowed eyes, "What's up with your hand? Want me to break it?"

Siwoo quickly moved his hand away. "Sorry" he muttured. "Well if you want, I can teach you to pass the test at least"

"Nahh I don't need your help" Junka said and laid her head on the table again.

"Listen" he said while grabbing her shoulder. He didn't care if she wanted to break his hand. He just wanted to state what he was really thinking. "You always help me now I think it's time for me to help you back"

Junka got up and sat straight. She fixed her hair and turned to face Siwoo. "I told you I don't help you in every details" she exclaimed.

"I know but I'm not helping you in every details too. I will only teach until at least you pass the exam and not get A" he explained.

Silence creeped in for a while. Junka didn't say anything about it. She just kept staring into his eyes. Suddenly, she leaned forward towards Siwoo. They were so close that their noses touched. "No" Junka said calmly. 

Siwoo wasn't afraid. He was nervous. In that situation everyone would think that Junka is scary but for him she wasn't scary, she looked pretty. Staring into her brown eyes made him nervous. The eyes were so beautiful.

Junka smirked. Siwoo could see her fangs and it was pretty too. She sat back at her place and stared into the air.

--------------------

"You failed Lee Junka" Mr Seo said as he harshly threw Junka's exam paper onto his table. 

The teachers' eyes were on her as Mr Seo said it loudly in the teachers' room.  Junka was standing in front of Mr Seo while Mr Seo was sitting on his comfy chair. 

Mr Seo let out a sigh. "Did you hate history that much that you managed to get highest score in maths but failed in history?" he asked. Junka didn't answer anything but just nodded her head. "I don't have any idea what should I do with you" he sighed again.

"How about just let me go and I will try to pass the next test and maintain my Maths score" she rolled her eyes.

Mr Seo looked up. He stared into her brown eyes and found an idea. "How about if I pair you up with someone who is good in history like..hmmmm" he rubbed his chin, thinking who was the right person to teach her history.

At the same time, Siwoo was there, helping a teacher bringing her books to her desk. The teacher thanked Siwoo and he bowed to her. He spun around and headed to the door. He was about to slid the door open until Mr Seo called out his name.

"Kim Taemin!" Mr Seo called. Siwoo turned around and saw it was Mr Seo calling and Junka was with him. Mr Seo waved his hand asking Siwoo to come over. Siwoo slowly walked to his desk and stood beside Junka. When he stopped beside her, Junka let out a sigh and shook her head.

"You are good in History right?" Mr Seo asked. "What was your mark last time?"

"75" Siwoo answered, both of his hands were behind his back.

"75? Well, it is still good though. Most of you didn't do well in this test" he explained. "Okay, from now on, I want you to be History tutor for Junka" Mr Seo explained. Junka let out another sigh. "Why are you sighing Lee Junka?" he asked.

Junka shook her head and said lazily, "Nothing"

"You sit next to each other right?" Mr Seo asked and they nodded their head. "If that's so. You should be able to help each other. You two don't talk often?"

They remained silence. None of them respond to Mr Seo's question. 

"You may go back to your class now" Mr Seo said. "And don't forget to tell your classmates that I am going to make another History and Maths test next week since most of you didn't score this test" he added. "And for you Lee Junka..." he pointed to Junka with his red pen and continued ".....I want you to maintain your Maths result and at least pass History for this upcoming test okay?"

Junka just nodded. Both of them turned around again and headed to their class.

--------------------

Minwoo wasn't home for a soccer practice at his school. There were only Junka and Siwoo in the apartment. They sat in the living room. There was a small opened-square-folded table between them and bunch of History books on it. The tutor started the next day as what Junka requested. They sat reading the books for 5 minutes until Junka yawned. 

"History" she sighed and closed the book. She then leaned backwards and stretched her neck. She glanced at the watch and chuckled. "It's only 5 minutes and it feels like I need 5 hours sleep now"

Siwoo closed his book too. "I guess this is not the right way to tutor" he said.

"You are the tutor. You read, I read" Junka explained.

"Well..." Siwoo bit his lips. He didn't know how to start a tutor because this was his first time. He thought maybe he would start with a conversation.

"Say it" Junka said.

"Say what?" he asked

"I know you have something to ask. Just ask" she smiled and the smile showed her charp and cute fangs.

Siwoo gulped. He cleared his throat and tried to start a comfort conversation. "Well.." He cleared his throat again. "You know, why you want to start the tutor immediately? I was expecting for you to start it the night before the test"

Junka leaned forward and put her right elbow on the table, her fist under her chin. She smiled. It wasn't the scary smile that Siwoo always see when she was trying to provoke the enemy or something. It was a cute, pure and sincere smile. "Well you know I may be someone who looks like to break rules and being care less but I am actually not. There are some rules that I need to follow for the sake of my future. No one knows how one's future would be like. Not even fortune teller"

"For the sake of your future?" Siwoo frowned.

Junka smirked and raised her eyebrow, "What? Do you think I want to grow up and be a thug or homeless gangster or something like that?"

Siwoo shook his head. "That's not what I meant" He smiled, "It's just, you are beyond my expectation"

"Really?" Junka smiled again. Her eyes were shining and her fangs were cute. She opened the book and asked, "Shall we start again?"

Siwoo smiled back, "Sure. Should I tell you the story behind of this chapter?"

Junka nodded and smiled. Siwoo knew that when Junka smiled that way, he knew that they were getting closer.

---------------------

To be continued...