Chapter 6

She Is Not My Protector!

Everyone sat quietly on their chair after they gave their greeting to Mr Seo who walked into the class. Not even a single sound was heard as they could see clearly the test papers they had last week in Mr Seo's hands. It was an ordinary scene that all students suddenly became quiet because they were brilliant students, of course they were always nervous to know what marks do they get for every test. 

Junka let out a sigh, wondering if Mr Seo ever find out about Siwoo and her switching paper at the end of the test. 

Mr Seo didn't say anything. He jus called each student's name and returned back their paper. He called everyone's name except for 2 person, Kim Taemin and Lee Junka. He said with a smile, "Good job everyone. I believe that everyone did study hard for this test because yes, all of the results are better than before" Suddenly the smile faded away, "Except for 2 students I suspicious about" Mr Seo glared at both of them. 

"Lee Junka" he called her name. Junka lifted her head as she heard her name was called. "Kim Taemin" he called and Siwoo lifted his head up too. "Both of you, stand up now" he said.

Both of them slowly stood up. They looked at each other and looked back to Mr Seo.

"You think I'm stupid don't you Lee Junka? I should have known that you are a big trouble since your first entered this school" Mr Seo said. Junka's eyes widened when she heard it. Not just Junka but Siwoo was shocked by what Mr Seo said. "I could sense trouble since you introduced yourself in front of the class. Do you think I'm stupid not to know that you forced Taemin to switch paper with you?"

Junka opened , trying to explain but she was cut by Mr Seo, "Taemin have been in this school longer than you and of course I know how's his handwriting. Your handwriting is way different from Taemin. Do you think you can fool me with that kind of lie?" he yelled at the last sentence and slapped the teacher's desk with his long ruler.

"You shouldn't be in this class. You shouldn't be in this school. You are not qualified. Not even qualified to get respect from the youngsters with this kind of attitude. You are a troublemaker!" Mr Seo yelled.

Those words hit Junka hard. She felt as if a lot of knives stabbed her from her back. She looked down and without her noticing, her tear drops fell on her table. 

"Come front here and get your punishment!" Mr Seo shouted. He was already trying the strength of his long ruler by spanking it on his palm.

Siwoo looked at Junka and he spotted the tear drops on her table. For that instant, he knew what he should do. Junka wiped her eyes and looked up. She started to walk to the front proudly without any guilt. Before she could take further step, Siwoo held her hand, forced her to stop.

"Mr Seo!" Siwoo shouted from his place still holding Junka's hand. "She's not guilty but I am" Siwoo said.

"Don't try to make any more fuss Kim Taemin. You don't seem like a troublemaker to me" Mr Seo said. "Plus, you never got into troubles before"

"You shouldn't have been a teacher Mr Seo" Siwoo said with a smirk. Junka looked at Siwoo. They were still holding hands.

"What are you talking Kim Taemin?" Mr Seo asked.

"It's me who asked to switch test paper with Lee Junka. She didn't know about it. I did it when you were collecting the papers at the end of the test. It's completely not her fault, but mine. If you investigate properly, the hand writing of her name and my name on both papers have the same hand writing and it was my hand writing" Siwoo explained.

Mr Seo looked back at the papers and what Siwoo said was true. Siwoo continued, "As a teacher, instead of discouraging students, you should give them more courage to study, am I right? A teacher should never made his students go down but always help to make them go up. What a teacher would say something like that just because she was afraid of failing the test?" 

Siwoo smirked. "You should investigate more before you accused someone doing a bad thing"

Mr Seo's face turned red as he was very angry and embarassed at the same time. He tested the strengh of the long ruler by slapping on his palm again. "You! Come out here! Now!" he yelled.

Without hesitation, Siwoo pulled Junka away from the way and walked up to the front proudly. He stopped and stood proudly in front of Mr Seo. He faced him with a smile on his face. Looking at that mocking face, making Mr Seo more angry. He hit Siwoo's head with the long ruler he was holding. 

"That was a warning" Mr Seo said. His voice was a bit calm but there was still anger in it. "Be prepared for the real punishment"

Siwoo gulped as he knew what Mr Seo meant by real punishment. He would get spanked. Mr Seo drifted away and asked Siwoo to face the whiteboard. Siwoo walked towards the whiteboard,shakily, put his hands on the board, poking his out. 

Mr Seo lifted the end of his blazer a bit higher so he got a better view of his . Mr Seo smirked. "For the rudeness you said just now, you will get 10 spanks from me"

Siwoo rolled his eyes. "Whatever" he muttured.

"Mworago?!" Mr Seo said, almost yelled as he heard it. "15 spanks!"

Siwoo rolled his eyes and kept his mouth shut. 

Without any warning or sign, Mr Seo started to spank him.

The spank was hard, strong and painful. Siwoo cloased his eyes and bit his lips to bare the pain. 

The whole class was quite when Mr Seo spanked him. Everyone knew that Mr Seo is one fierce teacher. Some of them have been spanked by him too but not as many as Siwoo got on that day. At most they got was only 5 and it wasn't because of their rudeness or attitudes but it was because of their education. Not even one of them dare to make a sound. Only some gasped was heard from some girls who couldn't look at it. 

Junka gasped too but she didn't look away. She was still standing. Her hands cupped on . She didn't know what to do. She was confused with her feelings and mind. She was touched by what Siwoo did but her mind said that Siwoo deserved it since he was the one who wanted to switch the papers. She wanted to walk in front but her legs won't move.

At last, she just shouted, "Stop it!"

It was the 10th spank and Mr Seo stopped after the shout. He turned to face where the voice came from. Siwoo looked over his shoulder and he knew it was Junka who shouted. He gazed at her.

"If you keep on doing this, I'm not going to talk to you, ever!" it was a warn from Junka. It's not for Mr Seo but for Siwoo. She wasn't even looking at Mr Seo. She was looking at Siwoo. Her eyes were locked on his gaze.

Siwoo looked away and shook his head. "Ignore her and please continue what you are doing. It's my fault and I deserve this" Siwoo said.

Mr Seo shrugged and continued the spanking. 

--------------------

Siwoo opened the front gate of his house and walked along the porch to the door while rubbing his . It was still painful because of the spank although it have been a day. It was hard for him to sit properly on a chair too.

He sighed thinking of how hurt his was and of Lee Junka. Junka really kept her words not to talk to him, ever. He felt sad about it but feel glad that Junka didn't get the punishment becuase it was his fault. Obviously.

He stopped at the front door and slipped his hand inside his blazer pocket for the house key. The door unlocked. He stepped into without expecting anyone to be home. He walked few steps and switch on the lights that lighten the stairs on the wall. The living room was facing the stairs heading to the second floor.  He walked passed the dimmed living room, grabbed the stairs rail and took his first step on the stairs. He was stopped to take another step because he heard someone coughed. He turned around and saw there was a familiar guy sitting on the couch in the living room. He was with a woman. Suddenly, the living room became bright. It was his parents. 

He bowed and said, "I'm home" He turned around again to run to his room but his father called him.

"Kim Taemin" his father said. It was the first time he heard his father called him by name after a week being home late.

Siwoo turned to face his father, "Ne aboji" He then walked into the living room and stood in front of them. There was a coffee table between them. 

"We got a call from your school. You made trouble at school" his father exclaimed.

"No I wasn't" he denied it. If it was because of Mr Seo, he is so going to get really pissed off. Plus, he wondered why his parents were suddenly so care about what happened to him at the school. Just because of one call, they got freaked out and expecting that their son have spoiled. 

His father stood up. His mother stood up after him. His father then threw his failed History paper on the table. Siwoo took a glance at it and he let out a sigh.

"You failed your test" his father exclaimed.

"It's not a big or important exam though" Siwoo explained. "It's just a simple test he held to test our understanding"

"You've been rude to your teacher too" his father added.

"I wasn't being rude. I was giving him some facts about what a teacher should do" Siwoo rolled his eyes. "Should I give you facts about what a father should do too?"

For that instant, Siwoo got a slap on his face by his father. 

"Yeobo" his mother said while holding both of his father's arm, trying to calm down his angry father.

Siwoo was stunt by that. He cupped his left cheek and gave glare to his dad. "What have I done to accept this?" he yelled.

Without a warning or a sign, Siwoo received another slap on his right cheek. Siwoo accidentally bit his lips so there was blood dripping off from his lips. He cupped his right cheek now and glared at his father. Tears fell off on his face without him realizing it.

"You were rude to your teacher and now you are being rude to me?" his father yelled. "Lee Junkad" his father said. Siwoo's eyes were wide opened at the mention of the name, wondering where his father knew about her. His father continued, "That girl. That troublemaker girl. You think I don't know her? Your teacher told me everything. About you and her.You've been a spoilt because of that girl. You need to stop meeting her or be friend with her from now on. You are better than her"

Siwoo chuckled to what his father said. He thought it was funny that his father knew everything about him when they actually arrived home after he went to sleep and left the house before he woke up in the morning. At the same time, the hate feelings of him towards Mr Seo had exceeded the limit point. 

Siwoo looked into his dad's eyes. A smile curved on his face but the tears couldn't stop flowing. "Ahhhh aboji" he said. "Do you know it's very weird to see you freak out over me failing my test and becoming a spoil kid" His voice was calm. "But do you ever praised me or compliment me when I did well on my exams? Did you? Did you ever care what happened to me at school? Did you ever ask me how was my day, did anyone bully me at the school, do I have a crush at some girl, do I want to go to the bathhouse with you someday? Did you ever ask me that?"

No answer from his dad.

"The answer is never!" Siwoo exclaimed. "This was my first time I failed my test and you are already slapping me for failing my test? This was my first time to be staright forward to you but did I just get a slap for that?" This time he cried harder. He wiped his tears with his sleeves and continued, "I did vey well in my past exams and I didn't get even a single praise, once. Never" he exclaimed and continued, "Did you ever know that your only child get bullied? I get bullied at school! Everyone pick on me. None of them are friend with me. I am lonely! I am lonely both at school and home! A home should be a place where I can express my loneliness but it feels the same either at home or school. No one loves me. Everyone left me. Everyone let me to be alone, including my own biological parents!" he shouted the last sentence and ran off out of the house.

"Kim Taemin!" his mother shouted his name but he seemed to ignore it.

----------------------

The cold night breeze slap her cheek. It was a very cold night and Junka was on her way home from the convinience store. She decided to go the convenience store which situated a bit further from the apartment because there, they many more options and things to buy and it is bigger that the one's near the apartment. She had a plastic that filled with 2 packets of ramyeon and 2 buckets of ice cream in her hand. She put on the hood of her hoodie while walking along the river heading to the apartment. 

Junka was enjoying the night air and the smell of the river. Suddenly, she saw a familiar figure few feets ahead on the bridge that linking the 2 neigborhoods. She walked towards the bridge. The figure was laying down his tummy on the wall of the bridge and facing the river. The figure didn't realize Junka was staring at him at the end of the bridge. 

Junka took steps towards the figure and tap the figure's shoulder. That person turned around and it was Kim Taemin. Junka was shocked to look at a very red face and ears of Kim Taemin. He looked drunk. Junka hovered her eyes towards his hand and he was holding a can of beer. She looked on the bridge floor and there were 3 more empty cans of beer. She nodded to herself as what she was guessing was right. Kim Taemin was drunk.

"Yah Kim Taemin. What are you doing here?" Junka asked, slipping her hand inside her hoodie pocket.

"Ohh. Lee Junka" Siwoo said followed by a hiccup. "Did I ever say that you look pretty tonight?"

"Ahhh Kim Taemin. You are only 17 and you already drink and yes, you are drunk just drinking 3 cans of beer. Stop drinking and go home. Don't sleep at the streets" Junka exclaimed. Not even a single thought of her that Siwoo would be drinking and get drunk.

Siwoo ignored her and drank more from the can he was holding.

Junka quickly grabbed the can from his hand and threw it into the river, "Ahhh Kim Taemin stop drinking" 

"Ohh Lee Junka. You shouldn't throw that can into the river. It will pollute the river" Siwoo said in his drunk and tone and hiccup again.

Junka widened her eyes. How could a drunk person could think something like that in that condition. "Just go home okay?" Junka said, pushing his chest, forcing him to walk and start moving to his house.

Siwoo's head dropped down. He held Junka's hand on his chest. Suddenly, Junka could hear Siwoo sobbing. He was crying. Crying hard. Junka lowered her head. She tried to peek on Siwoo's face because his hair was entirely covered his face.

Suddenly Siwoo spoke that made Junka startled, "These days were hard for me" Siwoo looked up at the sky, his wet eyes were sparkling under the moonlight. He then looked at Junka while putting down her hands from his chest but he didn't let her hands go.

"Mianhae Lee Junka" he said. "Mianhae" he snorted and continued. "I took your advice. I tried to stand on my own feet but it looks like it was an epic fail. My parents especially, I don't know what is wrong with them. I wonder am I their real son. They abondoned me"

Junka looked into his eyes and she could feel how Siwoo's feeling. She definitely understand how it felt. She let go one of her hands and asked Siwoo to lean towards her, "I understand. You've tried Kim Taemin" she said while pulling Siwoo's head towards her. 

Without hesitation, Siwoo leaned forward and hugged Junka immediately. He hugged her tight and soft at the same time that Junka dropped the plastic bag she was holding.

"Kim..Tae..min" she stuttered. She did not understand her feelings at that moment. She felt safe, comfotable and loved. She felt that and she thought she liked it. All this while she have been longing for Yu Barom's hugs and kisses but this time she felt something more than what she've been longing for. 

That instant, she knew that she was not supposed to think of those things. So she shook her head and cleared , "It's okay Kim Taemin. You've tried. It's okay if you have tried. One day they will understand. No parents would abondoned their child" she said, trying to comfort him.

Siwoo was still crying. After hearing those words, he felt a bit at ease. Then he said, "The girl I like, I wondered if she will like me again after this. After what I've done to her. I got her into trouble and being accused. I felt guilty"

Junka's eyes widened. She wondered who was that lucky girl. Her voice was startled, "Who is that girl?"

"I feel dizzy" were the words that came out from Siwoo.

Junka's eyes became wider. She could sense something was off. "Yah Kim Taemin. Don't you dare to puke on me!" she warned.

But it was too late. An alcoholic smelling liquid was already drooling from his mouth and Siwoo was making that vomitting sound. In second, Siwoo vomitted. 

"Yah Kim Taemin!" Junka yelled, pissed. She pushed him and Siwoo quickly leaned on the bridge wall and puked into the river. 

 

Junka sighed. She had to drag Siwoo to her apartment. She had his arm over her shoulder. Junka didn't say anything as she was totally pissed and mad with drunk Kim Taemin, 

They reached the front door. Junka pressed the passcode to her apartment. She opened the door and shouted Minwoo's name, "Minwoo-ya!! Help me!!"

Minwoo who was busy playing game on his bed, quickly got off his bed, ran down the spiral stairs and headed to the door. He stood for a while and looke at Junka struggled to drag Siwoo into the apartnment. He let out a sigh. "Noona, did you go drink with Siwoo?" he asked.

Junka looked up at Minwoo's face. It was unbelievable that Minwoo could say those things to her. "Yah. You definitely have lived on this world for too long. Do you want to die?!" she yelled. "Come and help me!"

Minwoo quickly grabbed the other of Siwoo and put it over his shoulders. They dragged him into the living room and laid him on the couch. 

Junka smelled her hoodie and she hated the smell of the vomit that sticked on it. "You know what to do with him. I'm going to take another shower" Junka said and headed to the bathroom. "Erghh, this is disgusting. Yah Minwoo, if you want to drink after this, please do not vomit on people okay?" she said and entered the bathroom.

--------------------

Siwoo woke up with a great dizzy. He held his forehead and tried to get up. The damp towel on his forehead fell on his lap. He looked around him and he knew where he was, the twin's living room. The TV was off and there was a bowl of chips and the TV control remote on the floor. He took a glance to the kitchen.

Junka was stepping out the bathroom and closing the door. She fixed her shirt and wiped her wet hands on a piece of cloth at the kitchen. She looked into the living room and spotted Siwoo was sitting on the couch. "Oh you are awake" she said while putting down the cloth. She took 2 glasses and poured in plain water into it. She then walked towards Siwoo.

Siwoo shifted away to give enough space to Junka to sit beside him. She gave him one of the glasses. "Thanks" Siwoo muttered. "Where's Minwoo?" he asked.

She didn't answer it yet. She sat beside him and took the remote on the floor to switch on the TV. "He went out for a jog" she answered before drinking her water. 

Siwoo took a sirp of the water. "Why am I here?" he asked.

Junka turned to look at him, blinking. "You don't remember anything?"

Siwoo shook his head, "I think so"

Junka let out a sigh. "You got drunk last night. I found you on the bridge and you puke on me" she turned to the front again and drink her water, "Don't you dare puke on me again" she warned.

"I got drunk and puke on you?" he asked for confirmation. Junka just nodded. Siwoo stared into the air and looked back at Junka. "Are you mad?" he asked.

"Mad for what?" Junka asked back. She put down her glass and switch off the TV again.

"I burden you?"

"Just assume this as a repay for what happened in the class the other day" she said, not even looking at Siwoo because she was so focused watching the live international judo championship. "But I do mad about you vomitted on me"

"Sorry then about that" he muttered.

"So why did you drink?" Junka asked while sirping the last drop of the water.

Siwoo let out a sigh. His mind was clear now and his dizzy head had fade away. He didn't want to tell her the whole story but it looked like he had to. He had no friends except for the twins. Somehow he had to release his stress by telling people his problems but there was no one he could trust to tell his problem. And now, he had met the twins again so he guessed it would be okay if he told them his problems although his relationship between him and Junka was cold at the beginning. But they are getting better somehow.

He let out another sigh and began, "Well, my parents of course. I just don't get enough love affection from them since I was a kid. They are always busy with their job. I can't blame them though because they are the most trusted person of the CEO. They had least time for me. So I feel left out"

"You've been through that since you were a kid and only now you want to protest?" Junka asked for confirmation.

"Not really" Siwoo sighed. "You won't understand"

"I totally understand. I lived with my grandfather since I was born just because he thought me could be good in judo. I didn't get any love from my parents for twelve years old" Junka explained.

Siwoo shrugged, "Well at least you still have your grandfather and your parents came back to you. And hell yeah you are good in judo"

Junka lost of words. She looked away, feeling bad for Siwoo. She didn't know what else to say to comfort him. She was a good listener but she wasn't a good advisor. She couldn't advise people because she failed at it. 

She took a glance towards Siwoo. Siwoo was wiping his teary eyes with the blanket. Junka bit her lower lips. She really didn't know what to say to comfort him. All she could do was,she put her glass down on the floor, she wrapped her hands around Siwoo's neck and pulled him closer. She let him landed his chin on her shoulder.

Siwoo was stunt by Junka sudden action. His eyes widened and his jaw dropped open. His eyes were teary but he wasn't actually crying. Maybe she thought I was crying, he thought. By the hug, he felt better and more comfortable so he hugged her back. He held her tight.

"It's okay. I know you've been through a hard time. I still understand how are you feeling" she muttured in his ears.

Siwoo feel touched by Junka's sudden affection. He hugged her tighter and, because he was so touched, his tears started to roll down his cheeks, making Junka's shoulder wet. "Thanks" he said in his shaky voice.

Soon after that, Junka felt literally awkward. So she broke off the hug. So did Siwoo. They sat back up straight on the couch while looking at the TV.

Siwoo cleared his throat and asked, "So are you still not going to talk to me?"

"For what?"

"Well, you said you are not going to talk to me if I don't stop the other day" he explained.

"You take that seriously?" Junka chuckled. "If I am not going to talk to you ever again, why am I talking to you right now?"

Siwoo grinned. The most ridiculous grin Junka ever saw from Siwoo. "You are actually right"

--------------------

To be continued...

 

~~~~~~

Please please please leave comments after you read. I will be glad if you can do so. Please subscribe to this story as well. Thank you very much ^~^