Chapter 11

She Is Not My Protector!
Junka had 2 plastic bags filled with ramyeon and fruits in her hands. She walked through the alley while listening to her iPod. The earbuds were put into her ears. She took out the iPod and scroll to the next song that she wanted to hear. Suddenly, she heard a voice of girl screaming. She looked around and followed the voice. The voice lead her to a dark alley. She slowly walked along the alley until she found a group of gangsters were circling a girl. 
 
She walked closer towards them and she recognized the girl. She was familiar with the girl. She was Son Naeun. 
"YAH!" Junka shouted. All the eyes of the gangsters turned to her. "Leave her alone" she continued.
 
There were about 5 of the gangsters. One of them held Naeun and the rest of them approacehed Junka. Junka dropped the plastic bag and she was ready in her judo position.
 
"Woahh. Someone is trying to be a hero here" one of the gangsters said. He was bald and had a loop earing on both of his ears. "Perhaps you can be our appetizer" he smirked and the others just laughed as if it was some kind of joke and obviously Junka didin't enjoy the joke.
 
Junka smiled back, "Try me if you can"
 
The bald guy first approached her and he tried to grab Junka's arm but Junka quickly avoided it and she grabbed his hand and twisted it to his back instead. She then lifted uo the guy over her shoulder and the guy fell flat on the road. A mohawk hair guy approached her and gave her a fist on her face. She was stunt by the fist. He was about to give her another fist but Junka stopped his fist with her hand. She then twisted his hand and kicked him hard on his stomach. The kick made him spit out blood and stumbled backwards.  The  remaining two approached her together at once. All Junka could do was avoiding their attacks and end both off their attacks by her judo skills.
 
"4 down. 1 to go" Junka mumbled to herself and approached the guy that held Naeun. When Junka came closer, he wrapped his arm around Naeun's neck. He then took out a knife and put it around Naeun's neck.
 
Junka suddenly narrowed her eyebrows when she got closer. She smirked when she finally could see who was behind of it despite the limited light in the alley. "Kangjun. Seriously? Just how many troubles you plan to make?"
 
"Heck yeah it's me. Troubles and I are friends" he smirked. Junka stepped closer "Come closer and she'll die" the guy threatened. Junka just smirk and that made Naeun think Junka was insane.
 
"Try it. Kill her" Junka said. "I don't really care if she dies. I don't even know her. I kicked you guys asses because well you guys are just a bunch of coward monkeys. I don't know how many men of yours I've killed this few months. Anyway, do it. Kill her"
 
"Yah! Are you insane?!" Naeun shouted. 
 
"Ahhh, by the way, where's Ray? Honestly I respect Ray better than you because Ray is a bit more gentleman than you are. I guess. But still both of you are the kings of the coward monkeys" Junka added while taking out an apple from the plastic bag she bought before. She bit some of it and offered it to the Kangjun, "Do you want some?" He didn't respond to it. Junka took another bite and smirked, "I bet you sure want to taste some" she said.
 
Without any further thoughts or words, she threw the apple towards Kangjun and it hit right on his left eye. He dropped the knife he was holding and released Naeun. Junka quickly grabbed Naeun and asked her to stand in the corner while she finished him. She held Kangjun's arm and gave him knee-kick few times on his chest before she pushed him down on the road and gave him an elbow on his bruised chest.
 
Junka went to the corner where Naeun was sitting in fear. Junka squat in front of Naeun and asked, "Are you okay?"  Naeun didn't say anything but just nodded. 
 
Suddenly, one of the gangsters was standing behind Junka with a wood in his hands. Without hesitation, he hit Junka on her head with the wood. Of course Junka felt hurt with it but she tried to bare it even though there was blood dripping out from her head. She stood up, took the wood leaning beside Naeun and gave the guy with one good and strong strike on his head. She jumped in the air and hit him on his head until they could hear the crack sound of his skull. The guy collapsed and so did Lee Junka. 
 
Naeun quickly run towards Junka. "Are you alright? Can you walk? Let me bring you to the hospital" she asked.
Junka shook her head as a sign she refused to go to the hospital. Junka tear the end off her tshirt and wrapped it around her head. "Let's go to my house instead" Junka said. "It is not that far and I trust my brother more than the doctors" she smiled. 
 
---------------------
 
Minwoo opened the door and Siwoo was standing in front of his apartment. He opened the door wider as a sign to welcome Siwoo. Siwoo walked in and went straight to the couch in the living room. He landed his on the sofa while waiting for Minwoo to take something in the kitchen.
 
"Where's Junka?" Siwoo asked.
"Upstairs. Sleeping. Why?" Minwoo asked back.
"Nothing. It's just I guess I haven't hang out with her for quite long time" he explained. "Since that day" he muttured the last words.
"Really?" Minwoo asked. "She always came home early these days. So you are the reason she always came home late before this"
Siwoo just smirked as Minwoo sat beside him on the couch. Siwoo then took the glass from Minwoo's hand and drank it. "Wow. You have guts now" Minwoo said.
Siwoo drank it all and gave back the glass to Minwoo. "Like new me? Thanks to your sister I think I've become stronger"
"So you are just going to thank my sister and not me?" Minwoo pouted.
Siwoo chuckled. "Of course I am grateful to you too stupid!" 
 
Suddenly the door bell rang. They looked at each other. "You" Minwoo pointed to Siwoo, "Open the door"
"Why me? It's your house, you open it" Siwoo resist to open it. 
"Since you come here often, this is your house too and I guess you should pay part of the rent too actually" Minwoo smirked. 
Siwwo shook his head and got up, "Fine. I'll open it. Lazy "
 
Siwoo walked towards the front door. He held the door knob and twist it opened. Right at that moment when the door was opened, Junka collapsed on Siwoo. "Junka" he muttered while holding her tight as if he was hugging her. He turned his sight towards the girl that sent Junka home. "Naeun" he muttured again. 
"Siwoo" Naeun muttered back. 
 
"Who is it?" Minwoo asked and walked towards the door. He gasped when he saw his noona unconscious on Siwoo. "Siwoo, quick lift her and put her on the bed" he ordered. 
With all his strength, Siwoo quickly scooped Junka up towards her bed upstairs.
 
 
"You said she was sleeping upstairs" Siwoo complained to giving Naeun a glass of water in the living room.
"I don't remember that she went out because we were out of ramyeon" Minwoo said innocently while walking down the stairs towards them. He had the emergency kit in his hand.
"How is she?" Naeun asked. Minwoo sat beside Naeun and put the kit aside. Siwoo kept standing because he couldn't relax worrying over Junka's condition. 
"Lucky that she doesn't need any stitches so she don't even have to go to the hospital but still for further precaution I need to take her there. My sister sure have a very hard head that she only got a small cut even though she was hit by a...." Minwoo explained.
"A wood" Naeun continued.
Minwoo chuckled."Yeah a wood. Wow. Noona is just one phew" he blew the air, couldn't describe his sister more. 
 
Suddenly they heard Junka growling. "I better go check on her" Minwoo said and quickly got up from his seat. Naeun and Siwoo just trailed him as he walked up the stairs.
Naeun turned her glance towards Siwoo and asked, "So you are their friends? I can tell that you are close friends"
Siwoo nodded. "Yeah. Minwoo and I are close friends since childhood then he moved to Jeju and this year he moved back here"
 
Naeun smiled to the answer. It was a smile that made her at ease a little, what made her anxious was Lee Junka. She could tell and feel that even though Lee Junka saved her for that day, she was still her rival. She could sense that. It was just she couldn't tell in what angle Junka could be her rival.
"Then...." there was a long pause before Naeun continued to ask, "...how about Lee Junka? Is she your close friend too?"
 
Siwoo's eyes widened. He couldn't tell what was Lee Junka for him. They only knew each other for a short time. They became closer within that period but he still didn't know what was their status. Maybe it was because Junka had always been harsh and strict to him but he realized that she did that so that he could be brave and strong. He realized that she wanted to help him. He was confused at that moment despite the time they spent together were very limited. He sighed, "I don't know. I think she is just my other friend"
 
Naeun who looked gloomy before this had changed her expression to a cheer one. She felt glad and relieved at the same time to hear that. "I'm at ease now" she smiled. Siwoo just smiled back.
 
 
Junka slowly drank the water that Minwoo gave. She then gave back the glass to Minwoo and he put it aside. He helped Junka to slowly laid on the bed. At first they ignored the conversation between Siwoo and Naeun, suddenly they were focused when Naeun asked the second question. They waited for Siwoo to answer and the words 'She is just my other friend' stunt both of them. Junka looked at Minwoo and Minwoo looked back at Junka. 
 
Minwoo knew how her noona felt. They were twins anyway. Minwoo smiled at Junka. He spotted his headphone on his bed. He got up, took the headphone and put it on Junka. "You've always wanted to use my expensive headphone right? Here. I gonna let it pass today. Rest well, have a good sleep. Everything will turn out well. Don't worry and stress too much. Leave it to me okay?" he smiled while fixing the blanket on her.
 
Junka smiled back and she closed her eyes. For this time, she would pass too, listen to her brother's advice. She gonna let it pass tonight.
 
-------------------
 
Junka's eyes fluttered. It took her some time to get used with the light around her. She spotted someone sitting at the side of her bed.
"Good morning sunshine" the person cheered.
She focused on that person. She recognized him. A smile curved on her face. "Yu Barom" she muttered. Her head hurts so much. She held her head while try to get up. 
Barom helped her to get up. "Are you okay? Feeling better? Do you want a glass of water?" he asked.
"No no. It's okay. I'm feeling better" she responded. She looked at Rome and smiled, "What are you doing here early in the morning?"
Rome smirked. "It's already 11am and it's almost noon. It's not early in the morning"
"I just got hit by a wood on my head. How am I supposed to know that?" Junka pouted.
"You are not getting amnesia. That's the fact" Rome teased.
Junka rolled her eyes, "I wonder if I lost my Maths knowledge after got hit"
After hearing that, Rome took out his phone and took Junka's phone which was beside Junka's pillow. "Here. 1 handphone plus 1 handphone, what is the total?"
"Of course it is 2. You think I am that stupid?" she yelled while slapping his arm.
"Ouchh" he pouted."You still have strength even though you got hit on the head huh?"
"I accept that as a compliment. Thank you" Junka responded.
 
Rome just chuckled to that respond. Junka chuckled along. Suddenly, there was a short silence between them and Junka broke the silence, "What are you doing here?" she asked.
 
Rome leaned closer to her, "I want to meet you of course" he said in a very slow and seductive voice. It was this voice that made her melted and fall for him the last time. Junka just smiled innocently. "I am dead worry when Minwoo told me you are injured"
Junka didn't back up either. She stayed still and asked, "Minwoo told you?" 
Rome just nodded. "He called me last night"
Junka just chuckled. "You came here this morning when you got the call last night. How could you?"
"I did came last night but I waited in the car knowing there was someone else inside here" Rome explained.
 
Junka paused. She knew what he meant. It was Siwoo. But she wondered why would Rome be bother with Siwoo being around the house. She just put a smile and suddenly chuckled. "Doesn't my breathe stinks? My morning breath stinks"
Rome chuckled. He didn't even back away. "It stinks" he responded. Suddenly, he held Junka's hand and with his other hand, he held her chin. "But I think I need to start to bare with it since I gonna smell this waking up every morning later on"
Junka didn't say anything after hearing that. She just stayed still. She didn't know what to respond. 'Isn't this the thing that I have always wanted to do? Get married with him? Waking up looking at his face beside me? Isn't this what I want? Why it feels so damn wrong?' she thought. 
 
 
Minwoo opened the front door and welcomed Siwoo who came with Naeun. 
"Is she getting better?" Siwoo asked as soon he stepped inside the apartment. 
"I haven't check on her yet. She's still sleeping" Minwoo explained as he closed the door behind them.
 
"Here. I've got some apples on the way here. She will like it" Naeun said while handing a basket of red and green apples to Minwoo.
Minwoo gladly took it from Naeun and smiled, "Thanks and of course she will like it but how did you know that Junka likes apples?"
"Siwoo told me that Junka loves it" she answered while pointing towards Siwoo who was standing next to her.
Minwoo turned to look at Siwoo and a smile curved on his face. He turned back to Naeun and gave back the basket to her, "Naeun. It would be nice if you could help me with these apples. I mean can you help me with this peeling thing. I am not that good at peeling"
"Sure. Why not" Naeun smiled, took the basket and headed to the kitchen.
 
They trailed her until she was out of sight. Suddenly. Minwoo leaned forward towards Siwoo and whispered, "You better make up your mind really quick. It's not nice to play with two hearts at the same time"
Siwoo blinked as he was shocked by Minwoo sudden statement. He never tell Minwoo anything about his feelings but it looked like Minwoo could sense it. 
Minwoo patted Siwoo's shoulder twice. "She's upstairs if you want to check on her" he smiled and headed to the kitchen.
"Okay" Siwoo muttered and headed upstairs.
 
 
Suddenly, Rome leaned closer and landed his lips on hers. They kissed for a few seconds until Junka broke it. Rome was stunt by it. She didn't want to hurt Rome's feelings, "Your breath stink" she chuckled.
Rome chuckled along. "Guess I forgot to brush my teeth this morning"
Junka just shook her head and laughed a little, "Whatever. I need to get my shower"
"You need to get rid off that bandage around your head first" Rome explained.
"Ah really?" Junka asked while trying to trifle the bandage to find its source. 
"Come let me help you" Rome put her hands down and helped her instead.
 
 
His breathing was uneven. His heart beat so fast like a F1 racing. It was too fast that he felt so hurt. Without he realized it, he clenched his fist. The sight was too heart breaking for him. The sight of seeing the person that he liked kissing with someone's else hurt him the most.
 
He looked away. From there, he realized, there was no other point for him to stand there and watch. He ran down the stairs and headed towards the front door. He even ignored when Minwoo and Naeun called his name and asked what happened. He wore his shoes and walk out of the apartment, not knowing where to hide, where to express his feelings. Feelings of finally realize that he liked Lee Junka, "I'm one true idiot" he mumbled to himself.
 
 
"What are you doing here?" Junka asked as soon as she saw Naeun at the kitchen counter. 
"Helping Minwoo preparing for your lunch" Naeun explained. There was a confusion expression on her face because she felt that question Junka asked was a bit offended as if chasing her out of the house.
"No. I mean why are you here?" Junka asked.
"To visit you of course. You saved me last night. Remember" Naeun explained.
Junka nodded. "Ahhhh. I remember now" Naeun was a bit relieved. She really thought Junka wanted to chase her out. It was just Junka don't remember what happened last night. "Anyway, did you come here alone?"
Naeun shook her head. "No. I came with Siwoo but I don't know why he suddenly ran out"
 
Junka spaced out. She was thinking of something when suddenly Rome came into the kitchen and stood beside Junka. "Naeun. What are you doing here?" he asked.
"Junka saved me last night. I pay for a visit and currently helping Minwoo preparing for lunch" Naeun explained and smiled to Rome.
Rome sweetly smiled back to her, "Ahh I see. It must be good since it is you who cook"
"I'm just helping" Naeun smiled.
Minwoo have been watching her sister. "Noona are you okay?" he asked.
 
Junka took a deep breath and cursed. She ran to the front door and ran out of the apartment. She ignored every shout by the people inside the house calling her name. She just ran and ran. She was looking for someone, Siwoo. She didn't know where she should find him but she knew that she had to find him. There was an explanation that she had to tell him.
 
She ran along the river and she was approaching the bridge where they had their first kiss. There he saw a Siwoo, leaning on the bridge wall with a can of coffee in his hand. A smile curved on her face. She ran faster. Once she reached the bridge, Siwoo suddenly disappear like the dust that were flew away by the wind. Siwoo that she saw wasn't a real Siwoo. It was just her imagination.
 
"Yah Lee Junka!" Rome shouted from a distance and ran faster towards her. Junka didn't even glance at Rome. Her eyes were stick on the bridge. Rome held her shoulders and turned her body so that Junka faced her, "Yah! Are you insane? What if suddenly you passed out? Damn you Lee Junka. You scared me" Rome hugged her, tight. But Junka didn't hug her back, her eyes were still on the bridge. 
 
She realized and she knew she have done something wrong. She need to explain. She didn't want Siwoo to misunderstand because,
'Please don't hate me' she thought.
 
------------------
 
To be continued...
 
 
~~~~~
Hi! Author here ^~^ So yeahh. A few more chapters I guess and this story will end. I will try to write as mush as possible while I am in my semester break. Please look forward to it :) And yeah. Don't forget to leave comments as well. It would be nice to hear your opinions regarding my story. Spread that love! Annyeong ppyong! ^^