Chapter 1

The Devil's Son

Yuni's POV

I sat on the big white and quiet waiting room of Gangnam county hospital. My little brother Minwoo was supposed to leave the hospital today. The doctors said that there was nothing else they could do about his illness and the only thing they could do is sent him home to spend his last days with his family.

I looked to my right and saw my father consoling my mother, Heajung. She leaned on his shoulder crying, helpless and broken. I rubbed my eyes as I stood up and started walking outside the hospital. I need some fresh air.

I walked on the nearest park of the hospital which was Fairy Land. A park owned by an American couple here in South Korea. During the day you can see all the flowers, trees and animals but during the night you can see all the beautiful artificial lights that the park provides. It is perfect for couples that would like to spend a relaxed night together.

My brother Minwoo was diagnosed with cancer on June of 2012. It was devastating news. I was in school and I received the news from my father since my mom was to broken to speak. When school was over that day I ran out of there as fast as lion runs behind its pray. I got to the hospital and the first thing I saw was my mother begging the doctor to save my little brother's life. 

That image still hunts my thoughts.

I took my phone out and dialed my best friend's number. On the 3rd ring she picked up

Eunji: Hey. How's everything going?

Yuni: My parents are waiting for my brother to be released. I'm just walking around the park

Eunji: Ohh.. I'm so sorry Yuni.

Yuni: ....... I still can't believe that I'm going to...lose him

Eunji: Pray Yuni.

Yuni: I'm tired of praying Eunji. I've prayed every single day since my brother was diagnosed with cancer, I've attended church every Sunday, I haven't done anything bad in my life and look how 'god' is repaying me

Eunji:....then just...

Yuni: then just what?

Eunji: nothing. It's stupid

Yuni: Eunji...tell me..now

Eunji:...why don't you go and get help from the devil?

Yuni:..what?

Eunji: go get help from the Devil...he has powers and he might be able to help you..

Yuni:...EUNJI ARE YOU INSANE?!

Eunji: I told you it was stupid but you insisted to know

Yuni: I DID BUT YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THAT!

Eunji: Just forget it then.

Yuni: of course I will!...but.......have you asked something from the devil? have you..you know...let him have your soul or something?

Eunji:....come over to my house now. I'll talk to you then.. bye

....................

I hanged the phone and quickly put it back in my purse. I can't believe Eunji even mentioned the devil in this situation

I've heard that some people asks for the Devil's help and give them something in return. Like that girl back in middle school.

Hyoyeon.

She was going through a lot of problems. Her dad abused her and her mom, he was an alcoholic and used drugs.

One night her best friend told me that she decided to ask the Devil for help. That she was tired of being abused from her father and that she will be meeting the Devil that night. I obviously though that she was just trying to scare me. I told her to stop lying and to leave me alone.

The next day I was watching the news with my family. They were talking about the economy and what we can do to save money until they interrupted that segment.

They said that Park Jihoon which was Hyoyeon's father was found dead at a lake near my school. The authorities don't know what caused him to lose control. The car was running perfectly. At first I though that he was just drunk but the week after the accident happened the authorities revealed that there was no sign of alcohol in his system. He was completely capable of driving.

The next day I went to look for Hyoyeon but couldn't find her anywhere. Nobody has been in contact with her since the day of the accident.. She was nowhere to be found.

years has passed and nobody has found her. people say that her body was taken by the devil as a pay for getting rid of his father and getting her mother out of misery.

creepy right?

Sometimes I wonder if she was actually taken by the devil.. or she just ran away.

I was taken away from my thoughts by my phone's ringtone. I took my phone out of my purse and looked at the screen. Its' my mom

Yuni: What's up mom?

Mother: your brother is with us now?.. are you coming home with us?

Yuni:.. Eunji wants to talk to me about something. I'll be there at 10

Mother: Araso. Be careful

Yuni: You too..

.........................

I know I should be by my brother's side now but curiosity doesn't let me.

I have to find out what Eunji has to do with the devil..

I need to know..