Flashbacks

One Trick Leads to Me Living with Super Junior *HIATUS*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Well, this is going to be a LOOONG update for you patient readers, since I haven't updated in FOREVER! (Ok... maybe more like 2-3 weeks, but it's still a long time! >.<) 

Ryeowook POV

Seeing her be in so much pain just tears my heart into a million pieces. Why does it always have to be her? She told me about how Heechul bullied her when they were kids, and now having your own loved one die only 2 days after your anniversary because of her? Why does all this bad luck follow her? Can't I take some of it away from her? Even a tiny bit of it would be good; I can't stand seeing her like this.

However, she kept telling me to not feel sorry for her, which I couldn't do. She didn't want to hear any sympathy from me, so I just let her cry into my shoulder until she was feeling better. I put one arm around her waist while using my other hand to her hair, trying to make her feel better.

Pain from seeing her in pain wasn't the only emotion I felt. I felt sort of.... mad when she told me what May 13 was. I mean, her 4 year anniversary with her boyfriend?! My heart just bursted with that one statement. Am I jealous that she's already been dating guys? Yes, a little. And, yes....I think I like Lily.

I mean, I truly just saw her as only a friend before, but there were always weird feelings when I was with her. I thought they were normal, even though I wouldn't feel them when I was with my other girl friends. But seeing her with Hobo Joe set off an alarm or something, making come to a realization of what I really felt.

FLASHBACK

"Go back to the tree, and I'll meet you there, arrasso?" I asked Lily. Why is she so stubborn in not letting me pay for her ice cream? I mean, it's just an ice cream!

"....FINE." She stomped off angrily while muttering to herself. Kekeke, she's picking up some aegyo acts from Sungmin hyung and me, the Aegyo King and Prince. (Truthfully, I think I'm WAY more cuter than hyung, but at least being Aegyo Prince means I'm not some old man.)

I bought our ice cream (Chocolate and Strawberry for me, and Mint Chocolate Chip for Lily) and headed back to the tree, only to find her being chased by some random dude. Wait, what?!

She started running farther and farter away, with that bastard following after her, but I couldn't run, because of the ice cream. Yes, I must protect the ice cream with my life! It's my promise!

I started alking in the directio I last saw Lily and the hobo go, and after a while, I found them again, but they were just.....chatting? Huh? Lily, you're such a pabo...you don't just run away from a hobo, and then start chatting to him like he was a long-lost friend.

I stated walking towards them (with the ice cream!), but they didn't notice me since I was behind them. Suddenly, the hobo just pushed Lily down and crawled up on her. WOAH, WOAH, WOAH. WHAT DID THIS GUY JUST DO TO MY GIRL LILY?!

I was in so much shock, I didn't realize that the ice cream in my hands was being crushed, thanks to me unconciously crushing them with my hands. NOOO, I JUST DESTROYED OUR ICE CREAM! I looked back and forth, from the ice cream, to Lily.

Ice cream?

Or Lily?

Ice cream!

No, no, no, Lily's more important!

Bu-bu-but, I want my ice cream! I love its creamy goodness!

SERIOUSLY? How could I even think of ice cream in a situation like this, where Lily is about to get by a random hobo!?!

B-b-because we love ice cream!

Good point... I think Lily could manage on her own, right? 

Yea, probably... she said that she went out all the time by herself back in America, and you know how things are like over there.

YOU IDIOT!! YOU'RE LETTING YOUR LOVE OF ICE CREAM COME BEFORE LILY?!

....maybe?

Well, lookie over there, it looks like that hobo's ready to take Lily's innocence.

WHAT?! HER INNOCENCE?! NO, NO, NO!! I DON'T LIKE UN-PURE GIRLS, AND LILY'S 100% PURE UNTIL I SAY SO!

...Dude, that sounds as if you want to...

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN! I HAVE TO GO SAVE HER!!

It's about time you listen to me! 

BE QUIET!! I HAVE TO SAVE THE GIRL I LIKE... WAIT, WHAT DID I JUST SAY?!

That you like Lily~ HA, ABOUT TIME DUDE!! 

B-b-but!

Save it dude, you already said it yourself... don't try to deny it!

....Fine, I like her! But that's not the problem right now! Why are they so far away? I'm getting tired of running!

Dude, you're almost there! Be a man and punch his face off! 

Ok!! Yeah, I can do this! YEAH!! YEAAAHHH~!!

END OF FLASHBACK (A/N: Ok, I think I should apologize for that random snipet.... it probably makes no sense LOL)

Yep, I think seeing a hobo on top of her made me realize everything. But, now that means everything's going to get insanely awkward between us, no matter how normal Lily will feel. I want to let her know what I just realized, but I know that she would either....

a) Take it as a joke and say that she likes me too, but only mean it in a friendly way.

OR

b) Look at me in disgust, and run off and ignore me for the rest of my life.

OR

c) Feel so heartbroken about her boyfriend's death that she starts crying like crazy again just from hearing it.

So, I'm pretty much in a situation where I can't win. Ahh, I'm going to go insane! 

Lily POV

I can't believe that I'm finally letting everything out. I never cried this much since I was 12 years old. I used to be a weak person, but I wanted to be stronger. I didn't want to let everything make me cry. So I stopped crying. I would show all the other emotions, except for sadness. I didn't want to be a burden on anybody. When people offered to help me, I'd pretend I'm alright and move on, but inside, I'm half dead. 

I looked up, and I saw Ryeowook staring at me with a weird expression in his face. When he saw me, he blushed and looked away while stuttering an apology. I looked at him curiously, but then he started talking about buying some ice cream after before we leave to cheer me up. I smiled at his attempt to make me feel better, but it wasn't really helping.

After a while, I stopped crying, and we sat there in silence, and he said, "I know it's not an easy thing for you to talk about, but.... can you tell me the whole story? I mean, it's better for you to talk about it rather than keeping it inside. I know you don't worry all of us, but seeing you like this kills all of us, not just me. Remember that you're never alone."

I sighed, and said, "I know I'm not alone, but in the inside, I feel like I am. I've been stressed, even though I don't show it. I've seen a bunch of therapists, drank and smoked, and even attempted suicide a few times. I know it sounds a little extreme, but it's mostly the aftermath of the even that led to all that."

He didn't respond, but just nodded his head to make me continue talking. I took a breath, and started telling him the entire story.

FLASHBACK

I woke up and I looked at the calendar on my beside table. I smiled and saw May 15 printed on the paper. Today was the day we planned to go to Canobie Lake Park together for the first time. We would've gone on our actual anniversary date, May 13, if it wasn't a Wednesday. Although we weren't the best students (well, at least he wasn't, since I actually studied), we still put our education before everything else, so May 15 was the day we would go.

I got up and he was there already. He ran up to me and scooped me up into a huge hug. Auntie laughed and said, "Yah, if you don't let her down, you might accidently kill her before it's even 11:00 AM. We don't need anybody to die, you know." He laughed, and then let me down to my feet. I smiled, and reached up to give him a peck on his cheek and ran away before Auntie would start yelling at me for corrupting my younger cousins' eyes.

I got ready and brought everything I was going to bring with me to the kitchen. Uncle just stared at me and him while we ate the breakfast he made for us. Although we usually had something totally Asian for breakfast (like rice or noodles, which isn't a bad thing, since Uncle's a great chef), he cooked us scrambled eggs and made toast. 

He shifted around in his seat uncomfortably, since Uncle was staring him down with these laser eyes. I'm pretty sure Uncle gave him a huge speech about keeping me safe, not doing anything to me, and all that stuff that other dads tell their daughter's boyfriends when they meet them. Auntie made me promise that I won't let him do anything to me that I would end up regreting later in my life. To be honest, the only thing that he would do to me that would make me regret it is sit on me and threathen to fart in my face until I agree to pay for his food.

Finally, we finished our breakfast and we were ready to go. He hugged me from behind and whispered, "So... how's your dramatic exit going to be like this time?" I laughed, and said, "Hm... depends on the kind of speech Uncle gave you. Did he warn you about laying a finger on me again?"

He shuddered and said, "Yep. He's already glaring at me for hugging you like this right now." I looked, and I saw Uncle glaring at him while talking to his parents. Aww, poor baby. It's not like he'd even do anything to me. Although we were American and people think us Americans are erts, we'd never think of doing stuff like that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter