Introducing Marley

♀ rebelle | new girl group → closed

Training was long over and some of the girls had disappeared from the practice rooms but Bo Bae had remained, lying flat on her stomach with her sketch and notebook in front of her. It wasn't something unusual, to find her sprawled against the cold wooden floor, writing song lyrics and painting her feelings. Sometimes she'd forget to check the time and stay there until midnight or even morning. She was dedicated to her work, often putting more effort than she should. 

Bo Bae was still in her dance clothes, clinging against her damp skin which was slowly being cooled down by the air conditioned air. She was just about to start on a new sketch when the door swung open. 

"Ya Bo Bae!" Jihoo yelled with a big grin on his face. Bo Bae looked up, seeing her manager in the reflection of the mirror walls. She returned the grin happily, propping herself up on her knees. 

"What?" She replied with a laugh, running her fingers through her messy damp hair. Jihoo leaned against the door frame, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"Looks like you'll be debuting" He said shortly before spinning around, "Follow me" 

Confused, Bo Bae watched him walk away, his words disappearing in her mind. Debut? She hadn't heard that word since 2009, and even then, she wasn't the one to debut. It was her 2NE1 sunbaes. Shaking her head at her momentary lapse, she worked her legs to follow after Jihoo, catching up to him briefly. 

"You deserve it Bo Bae, to debut. It's been two long, we wouldn't want your talent to go to waste" Jihoo commented, traveling up the stairs- a place Bo Bae's has entered three times in the past six years. The first time to confirm her training at YG, the second for her collaboration projects with GD and CL and lastly, when she was considered to be a part of 2NE1. 

"I'm glad you think so oppa"

Jihoo stopped in front of two brown wooden doors, his fingers curling around the handle. He flashed a knowing smile and with that, he slid the door open easily revealing the CEO himself, G-Dragon and six other trainees. In front of them was a yellow folder with the words CONTRACT spread across the front in big writing. The room was quiet, waiting patiently. Jihoo grabbed your hand and pulled you inside gently, sending a nod towards the CEO. 

"Sorry we're late. I couldn't find her at first" Jihoo said with a chuckle, pulling out a chair for Bo Bae beside G-Dragon. 

"Where was she?" Yang Hyun Suk asked with a small smile on his face as she sat down. 

"Writing lyrics" Both Jihoo and G-Dragon replied. Bo Bae turned her head towards her best friend who merely shot her a grin. Yang Hyun Suk looked away, smirking lightly. 

"Alright, getting down to business. How does the girl group Rebelle sound?"

*

Once you were all dismissed from the conference room after five long hours, Bo Bae headed back down towards the practice room where she had left her equipment. Her heart felt light and free. She was finally going to debut. As she clutched her contract closer to her chest, a smile blossomed onto her face only moments before she felt someone bumped into her. 

Upon not hearing an apology, Bo Bae looked over at the person, only to find a smirking G-dragon. 

"Ya, Jiyong!" Bo Bae scowled though she let him hook his arm with hers.

"Oppa" The older boy chuckled, "Quite the surprise wasn't it?

"In your dreams" Bo Bae replied in English, to which Jiyong made a silly face at her. "What? Debuting or you bumping into me" 

Jiyong didn't answer, he merely just grinned and for some reason, Bo Bae's chest swelled up with even more affection. It was Jiyong's turn to look at her with a questioning smile. 

"What?" 

Bo Bae smiled sweetly, "You knew didn't you? You knew I was going to be part of the new group" 

"Nope, not at all" Jiyong said quickly shaking his head before a grin broke out onto his face.

"And I'm guessing you told Yang Hyun Suk about my passion for composing and song writing too?"

"We we we da, we da leader!~" Jiyong sang happily before offering his cheek. 

"What?" It was Bo Bae's turn to question him.

"Thank you oppa" Jiyong voiced what he expected her to say. Bo Bae rolled her eyes and kissed his cheek gently nevertheless.

"Thank you oppa" She mumbled, feeling his cheeks burn up upon contact. 

The older boy cleared his throat, "And since you're the leader, it means there might even be collabs with other leaders"

"Which means many duets between the two of us" Jiyong announced happily, showing off his perfect white teeth once more. "How does this sound? GD and Marley! Or since I love you so much, Marley and GD!" Bo Bae rolled her eyes, sliding her arm from around his to open the door. 

"I don't understand why you like me so much, Jiyongie" Bo Bae laughed jokingly, unbeknownst to her that G-Dragon did in fact harbor romantic feelings towards her. 

"Because you're amazing, of course" Jiyong replied casually, his feelings completely open. Everyone knew of his feelings for her, except her of course. 

"I think Hyun Suk thinks we're dating" 

"Huh? Why's that?" Bo Bae asked occupied with her phone. She had a few missed calls and text messages from Woohyun of Infinite, her best friend other than Jiyong.  

"Well besides the fact that we look goo-" He started before getting cut off unintentionally by Bo Bae.

"Hold on Jiyongie, I need to call Woohyun. It seems urgent" The brown haired girl interjected, holding her phone to her ear. 

"Woohyun-ah?" She called into the phone. Jiyong made a face, jealousy bubbling inside of him. He knew how close Bo Bae and Woohyun were, but they were no match for the friendship he had built with her. 

"Ya! Baby! I heard from Myungsoo that his sister is going to be debuting. Does that mean-?" He asked excitedly over the phone. Bo Bae found it hilarious that Woohyun was excited for her but she was glad. She would feel pretty weird if he wasn't. 

"Yes, actually it's true. I'm going to be debuting Woohyun-ah!" Bo Bae cheered, hands up in the air. Jiyong shot her a look which she easily replied with a silly face. 

"I look forward to sharing a stage with you one day. Maybe a duet" Woohyun suggested

"A duet? Special stage? Hmm, Warley? Marhyun?" Jiyong scowled when Bo Bae began meshing their names together. The girl caught him and merely squeezed his cheek lightly. 

"Woah woah! Marley hey? No more Bo Bae?" Woohyun asked, surprised and amused at her stage name.

"Nope, but you can call me Bo Bae!" The girl grinned into the phone.

"Baby" Woohyun corrected, "I'm still calling you baby" 

"Yeah yeah, you can still call me baby. Alright Woohyun-ah, I better get off the phone now. Jiyongie oppa looks weirded out"

 


 

Hey there Bellas !

This is Marley's chapter! It looks messy and long, and I apologize! Will do better once other users fill in my form! Till then~