Chapter 9

Revenge Starts Everything

Weeks had been past but So Min and Hyun Joong still bickering each other. Their classmates always tease them whenever they saw or heard the two fighting.

"The more you hate the more you love!" Kim Bum teased.

"You shut up playboy!" Hyun Joong glared at him. But the classroom was starting to tease them also.

"Hey guys! Keep quiet! I will announce something" Jang Mi said.

"I just wanna invite all of you for my birthday party next week. Who wants to come?" She said.

Almost all students raised their hands including Hyun Joong, but So Min didn't raised her hand.

"are you not coming?" Jang Mi asked.

"I'm not yet sure if I can come. I'll ask my parents first."

"Alright. Just tell me if you are coming."

"Okay"

 

~~~~~~~

"Omma, appa, I wanna ask something." So Min said while eating their dinner.

"uhmm.. My classmate Jang Mi is inviting me next week for her birthday party. Can I come?"

"ah what time are you leaving?" Her mom asked.

"Jang Mi said that her party will start at 6:00 in the evening."

"No. You are not going there" her dad said.

"But why?"

"Because I don't want something bad happen to you! Evening is dangerous!"

"But I'm not a child anymore! I can take care of myself! Omma! Please convince appa! Please?"

"No! My answer is no! You can't do anything!" He shouted.

So Min felt frustrated. She can't control her tears so she ran upstairs and went to her room. Min Sol was helpless. She wants to comfort her daughter but her husband pulled her down.

"Let her. She's just frustrated." He said and continue eating.

 

~~~~~~

So Min was still crying, her face was buried on her pillows. She didn't noticed that her mom entered her room and sit beside her.

"So Min-ah stop now from crying. Your appa is just protecting you. He was just afraid that something might happen to you."

"but omma! I wanna go there! These parties rarely happen!"

"I'm sorry So Min but I can't convince your appa."

"I know. Huh! I'm so envious to my friends, they can do anything they want. They are always free." She said while crying.

"shhhh.. Your appa is just protective."

"But it's too much omma! It's too much!"

Min Sol hugged her crying daughter. So Min unconsciously fell asleep in the arms of her mom. Min Sol careful laid So Min down. She kissed her forehead and went out the room.