Six

DJ got me falling in Love

▼▼▼

 

They can't be more than 16.

14,15, maybe?

Two of them sport some bruises but the third boy looks unharmed. He is also the only one with a still defiant glare as he growls, tone challenging.


"What?"
His silver ear stud glistens as he his head in obvious insolence.


You've dealt with his kind before.


"What is your name?" You ask, tone unruffled.

He rolls his eyes again, not answering.



"W-Will you be pressing charges against us?" The one who appears petrified just now asks timidly, the glint of fear back in his eyes.



"What's your name?" You respond in a milder tone.

"C-Choi Junhong." He stammers.

"And you?" You ask the other boy.


"Moon... Jongup." He meets your gaze fleetingly before going back to staring at his shoes again.


"And him?" You nod to the defiant kid once again, who's still as tight lipped as ever.


"Himchan, his name is Kim Himchan." Junhong offers helpfully for him, but said boy obviously doesn't appreciate this gesture, as he shoots his friend a furious glare before rolling his eyes again.



"Junhong and Jongup ssi..." You begin.
The two look up at you, expectant and solemn.


"I won't be pressing charges against you two."


The boys let out a uniform sigh of relief.



"But as for him..." You point at Himchan. "Your friend here seems to be the mastermind behind all these."


The other two boys glance at their friend, terrified.


"And what are you going to do? Sue me?" He contends.



"If my brother says you are guilty, yes." You answer, expressionless.


He steps up to you. You realize he's almost a head taller.

You don't falter though. You never do.


Gritting his teeth, he hisses, "Do that and I'll make sure you regret it."

 


❖❖❖





Kyungsoo is pretty sure leaving his grandmother alone in the doctor's office is not a good idea.


But it's not like he has a choice. She is adamant that he doesn't follow her in because "they gonna lift my clothings and all Kyungie, I don't want to defile your innocent eyes" and chuckles.


His grandmother has always been reticent about her health.

Kyungsoo knows she doesn't want him to worry. But pacing outside the doctor's office is in fact, more worrisome than sitting inside together with her.


From past experience, he knows she will be in there for several minutes. To take his mind off it, he ambles into the common area, thinking he can probably find a magazine or leaflet to read or something.



It's then he sees a familiar figure, seemingly in a face-off with a kid probably ten years younger than himself, and another two standing by his side.


There's hardly anyone around, so when he nears, he can hear you rather clearly.



"Are you threatening me now? You know, that's another offence in itself, if you don't already know that." You deadpan.


The male curses and lunges at you, but you are faster, swerving and then giving him a tight kick in the shins.



Kyungsoo mentally admires the nifty move but frowns when the boy gives a loud frustrated groan.



"What's... Going on here?"

Four pairs of eyes settle on him and the deejay stares back with equal confusion and intensity.


It comes easy for him. He's been told many times he's got this deer-in-the-headlights look and though it's supposed to sound cute and all, it's actually quite intimidating for most people.

And he thinks maybe it is, because one of the kid's gaze is already darting away.



Meanwhile, you are wondering why Kyungsoo is here at the hospital and why is this wide-eyed deejay always butting into everything?


"It's none of your business." You snap before you can stop yourself.



"Well, it's not. But I presume as adults we should probably be using more appropriate means rather than violence towards minors." He reasons.

You are about to retort when the tall police officer calls out to you.


"Miss Choi? Can you come over here please?"



You throw him a hard look before walking briskly to the room.


Kyungsoo follows your departure with puzzled eyes.

Police officers?

Now what is this girl doing with law enforcers, did she break the law?


He glances back to the three kids who are now sitting stiffly in the hospital's plastic chairs and thinks he should probably get back to his grandmother, silently muttering about violent women and pitying whoever is unlucky enough to marry her.

 

 

▲▲▲