Three

DJ got me falling in Love

▼▼▼

 

The posh and stylish club overlooks the river, now a shimmering velvet under the midnight sky.


Located 53 storeys up in the air, Kyungsoo can see how this spacious, crimson lit club is one of the favorite lairs for the rich and sophisticated.

 


The affluent almost always has this thing for altitudes.

The higher up they are, the more they find satisfaction in the illusion that they are above all. That the world is crunched under their expensive, tailored designer shoes.

Kyungsoo much prefers his sneakers. Well-worn and faintly spotted with the memories of time.



He also knows why Baekhyun chose to come to the party tonight.



"Today is special! It's Chanyeol's birthday!" The teen idol had squealed excitedly to his best friend a month ago.


It's tough being young and in the limelight. Ever since he was accorded the prestigious award of "Rookie of the Year", the paparazzi surrounding his friend has been increasing in both number and ferocity.

His androgynous image and outrageous stage antics (why did he have to go and kiss that male drummer during the bridge, Kyungsoo will never know, Baekhyun said he will never understand the adrenaline rush on stage and "Come on! Even Chanyeol thinks it's hot!", to which Kyungsoo promptly replied, "I really don't wanna know what he thinks is hot.") starts attracting rumors on his ual orientation.

Baekhyun's underground relationship with his manager, Chanyeol, is fast becoming vulnerable to exposure.

And if it ever sees the light, his fame will also burn up into ashes.



Kyungsoo, being the long suffering, righteous good friend that he is, got innocently roped into the web of rumors when he spoke up against paparazzi for his friend during a private sharing with a reporter.

The next minute he knew, he was touted as the secret "partner" of Byun Baekhyun.


The singer didn't even bother clearing his name for him.


"It's really your fault you know? I mean, you've only got like what, one girlfriend during middle school and your non-existent love life thereafter really makes for very good speculation."


Kyungsoo simply rolled his eyes and generously awarded him with a slew of words that's definitely unfit for national broadcast.

 



❖❖❖

 

 

It is of no surprise then, that the deejay is invited together with Baekhyun to this very private and prestigious party for media influentials like himself, in the name of some charity drive. Though Kyungsoo is pretty sure sloshing colored drinks in wine glasses and frisking to some electro, chill-out music is hardly connected to anything of that cause. He is only here because his boss requires him to and public relations is always relevant in this circle, Kyungsoo.

Baekhyun just nabs at the chance to spend some quality time with his boyfriend in one of the private lounges of the club, away from prying eyes.



Kyungsoo feels terribly like a fifth wheel next to the intimate couple, who has spiraled quickly into rowdy laughing and binge drinking after the blowing of the birthday cake.

 

Their attempt at including him in their conversation and jokes (which Kyungsoo doesn't understand half the time) isn't really successful but Kyungsoo is not about to take off anytime because knowing the two, it's not long before both of them gets pissed drunk and someone sober has to drive them home. It's just unfortunate Kyungsoo has a better tolerance to alcohol than the two put together and the teen idol clearly had anticipated it because they all came in Kyungsoo's car today.



For once, he is glad they are situated high up enough so there's no way some unwelcome shutterbug can capture the inebriated state of the two now.


 

 

And it's not even 11 pm yet.

 

❖❖❖

 



"You look good enough, Tao. Stop checking yourself in every single reflective surface." You chide the photographer, who is posing as a soon-to-debut singer from China at the party tonight.


"I-I'm a bit nervous, noona." The dark-haired boy confesses, his accent thicker than ever. His native tongue always grows worse when he's feeling perturbed. "What if someone asks me questions later?"

"I'll help you fend them off, don't worry."


You answer assuredly and presses the lift button to the 53rd floor.

 



"I wonder how Kris hyung gets hold of these VIP passes." There's a hint of awe in his voice.

You turn to him as the lift arrives and the two of you step in.


"He's not the director for nothing you know."

The lift ascends and you can feel the hollowing in your ears as it climbs.


"And you said you really used to be an artiste manager?" Zitao asks, interest piquing in his tone. "Who did you manage last time?"



"Son Ye-Seul, Choi Ji-won..." You swallow to ease the pressure in your ear drums. "And Kim Jongdae."


"I've heard of the first two." The younger gleams. "But who's the last one?"


The lift gives a melodic ping! as it reaches the desired floor.

You swivel to face him again.



"You might know him as Chen, the ballad singer."





❖❖❖




Kyungsoo checks his handphone.



11 pm.

And Chanyeol is already gone on the sofa. Baekhyun is quivering next to him.


He always does that when he needs to do that one thing.


And sure enough, "Kyungsoooo... I want to peeeee..." The singer's voice comes out in a slur and half-whine.


He looks like a puppy that badly needs to go, bouncing restlessly on the red cushion.

Kyungsoo gives a long sigh and helps his friend up, mumbling a low "Why is this my life?" whilst shouldering a heavily swerving drunk to the door.

 

 

 

❖❖❖






It's half an hour into the party when you spot the targets coming out of room 5.


Zitao has been doing a good job of looking aloof (on your instructions) and you blocking off potential jeopardy by relating industry gossips to people who care enough to walk over and talk.

You nudge the photographer and he squints in the direction you are indicating.


Seeing that the duo is making their way to the gents, you signal Zitao to follow.


 

 

❖❖❖

 




"Damnit Baekhyun, for a guy your size, you're awfully heavy..."

Kyungsoo gasps and all but hurls the singer into the first empty cubicle.


"Let me know when you are done."

The drunken friend only grunts in acknowledgement.



Zitao surreptitiously slips into the restroom, catching the petite 1.73m male in his peripheral vision as he glides to the nearest stall.

Kyungsoo doesn't look at the incomer, opting instead to stare at the black tiled floor whilst tapping his foot rhythmically, hands shoved into his jean pockets. If anything, the deejay wants to avoid any type of conversation in these settings.



In fact, outside of his workplace, he rarely talks.

He thinks he must have used up his daily speech quota during his two hours shift every night.


Zitao deliberately takes his time, mindful of the little noises coming out from the cubicle behind him.


 


The door opens.

"Kyungsoooo..."

 



The deejay flinches at his friend's whimpering of his name. Before he can protest, the singer is already latching himself around his neck.


"Babyyyy..." He coos into the shell of Kyungsoo's ear.




 

Squirming from the heavy alcohol breath, Kyungsoo reaches out to detach the other from himself. In doing so, his (innocent) eyes fall upon the obvious patch of blue between Baekhyun's ped fly.


"Yah!" He hisses and points down.


The teen idol's hazy eyes follow his finger and chuckles loudly amid snorts. Kyungsoo swears that Chanyeol's antics has been rubbing off on his otherwise cultured friend.


"Ah... we can't go out without doing this right?" Baekhyun fumbles with his pants but somehow, he can't quite get his fingers to cooperate with him as he's seeing double visions of his pants and zipper.


Meanwhile, Zitao is fighting the urge to whip around and start taking photos because heck! The nearest mirror is a few meters away and he can't see what's going on behind him.




"Quickly..." Kyungsoo urges.

The singer moans in frustration and seeing that his friend is pretty much useless at this point, Kyungsoo decides to help.


"Let me."


"No, no..."

 

"Shut up, you can't do this without me so just let me do it."

"Kyungsoo..."

"Just let me do it and then we'll get out of here, alright?"


 

Zitao can feel the goosebumps popping up on his arm. What the heck are the two of them doing?

 

He has to see.


 

With a deep breath, the dark haired male dares himself to turn just enough for him to spot two males gyrating against each other in the corner, the deejay's back facing him and the singer's face scrunched up in an expression Zitao can't quite figure out what is.

He shudders inwardly.


They are so absorbed in what they are doing that they don't see the photographer whipping out his pin camera to snap two pictures.



 

Click. Click.



He washes his hands quickly before scooting out of the restroom, horrified at what he just witnessed and lamenting at his lost innocence.

 

 

▲▲▲

 

 

 

 

a/n: ooh, i finished another chp so i updated again! will be aiming for 2 updates per wk ok? no promises tho~ how do u like the chps so far? hahaha~~~