Thirty Four

DJ got me falling in Love

a/n: i felt clear headed enough to finish a chp. haha~ recovering...

 

▼▼▼

 

 

Surprisingly, even though he's a late riser, Kyungsoo wakes up before you in the morning.


His tongue feels dry and heavy in his mouth, but all discomfort is forgotten the moment he lays eyes on the sight beside him.

You are sleeping, face relaxed and serene, pink mouth parted slightly in even breaths and he has the sudden urge to kiss you.

He doesn't, however, worrying it may wake you from your peaceful slumber.


You've had a lot to drink last night, that's probably why you are still passed out at past 10 am.



The memories flood back to him in stark clarity.

Your quiet gasps, the way you gaze at him through half-lidded eyes and being so soft and pliant under his hands.

He sighs.

There's a burdening thought at the back of his mind though. The fact that you were drunk and you may not even remember what happened.


Kyungsoo silently curses himself. He shouldn't have taken advantage of you like that. To be fair, he wasn't exactly in his most sober state either, influenced by the alcohol and just a bit more intoxicated with you.

He doesn't regret it though.


But what if you do?



He peers at you with a mixture of apprehension and fondness.


It's at that moment you stir, eyelashes fluttering before a frown creases your forehead.

Ugh, hangover.

You dislike its acquaintance straight away.



Kyungsoo panics for a good two seconds before uttering a quiet "Good morning."

At the male's greeting, you snap out from your initial daze, cheeks burning up with the recollection of last night's events.


You've had s--...


Feeling totally embarrassed, you mumble a soft "Good morning to you too", wondering what is it you've done and cautious about opening your mouth too wide because of morning breath.


Unlike the day you got dead drunk after the break up, you weren't altogether wiped out yesterday and remembers most details, including the intimate ones. The male has been tender, careful. And most of all, he's shown tremendous patience and respect for you.

Although horrified at how easily you gave in, you don't regret it.


But what if he does?



You blink and peeks at him.


"Are you... Alright?" Kyungsoo asks.

The deep concern on his face somehow reassures you that you're not the only one with the same apprehension.


You smile back.

"Yeah."


Kyungsoo relaxes into a grin and presses a chaste kiss to your lips.


It's short and sweet, but doesn't fail to send you reeling anyhow.

The fact that both of you are entirely sober now proves that whatever feelings transversed yesterday is real and mutual.


And suddenly it dawns on you again.

You are married to this guy, and it's your first morning together.


That realization makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside, sighing as he pulls away.



"Slept well?"

You hum in response.


"You?"

"Yeah." He chuckles, then continuing in a more somber tone. "I'm sorry if... Yesterday..."

His ears start to redden. "It's not... I'm not very experienced in these kind of things."



"It's okay, me neither." You let out, feeling yourself blushing as well. "In fact, it was my first."

He beams.

"It's my first too."


The two of you gaze at each other for a second before breaking out into soft laughter.

"So..." He reaches out a hand to graze your cheek and you automatically lean into it. "What would you like for breakfast?"


"You're cooking?"

"I'm cooking."


"Surprise me."

 



❖❖❖





"Are you kidding me? Ham and eggs? That's not remotely close to showing off one's cutlery skills, I would think."

You snicker as you watch him place the last ham into the sizzling pan.


"It's all we've got in the fridge. Sera was busy helping us prepare for the wedding and didn't get any grocery shopping done the past few days."


Even though you taunt him, you're silently marveling at the way the male maneuvers the pan, flipping it with steady and practiced hands.

The simple ordinary scene of him preparing breakfast for you is so unspeakably contenting and you think this is something you can definitely get used to.

This feeling of happiness.


"We can get some stuff from the supermarket later. After we've returned the bridal gown and suit." He continues and glances at you. "Or do you have something else you want to do?"


You smile.

"No."


Kyungsoo smiles back.




There's just one thing left to do to make this happiness permanent.



 

 


❖❖❖

 




Kris takes about two minutes to reply your text message.


Tomorrow? What is this about?


You hesitate a moment before hitting the sent button.


I'm quitting.



The next message comes only ten minutes later.

"We'll talk about this tomorrow in my office."

You are about to put away the device when there's an incoming call from Zitao.


Your phone is starting to beep from lack of battery and you choose to ignore the call, opting to switch it off and charge it instead.

He's probably just asking about your sudden resignation.


And at some point down the road, you know you'll have to confess to the deejay as well.

But for now, explanations can wait.


 



❖❖❖


 


The stern faced lady at the bridal shop remembers both of you well enough, pointing out that it's the first time she's seeing the two of you together, since you did the fitting separately.

"You know, your heights match really well! Your nose comes up to his collarbone, perfect for a headrest!"


The two of you glance at each other and lets out a shared smile.



After saying your goodbyes, you left the bridal shop and whilst walking back to the car, Kyungsoo notices you rubbing your hands together.

"Cold?" He reaches out to take both of your hands into his own, cupping and blowing hot air into them.


The action makes you turn pink. It's been such a long time since you've enjoyed attention like this. And it makes you tremble with warmth inside.


"Better?" He says softly, smoothing your hands for one last time before stuffing one of them into his coat pocket.

You can only smile and nod, feeling coy and unaccustomed to such affection.


"So where do you want to go now?" He asks as the two of you approach the car, bumping close with each stride.


"Should we pay Madam Park a visit?" You suggest.

"You'd have to call her Grandma now too, you know?" He corrects and you flush again. Snickering, he continues. "I called her just now and she told me to spend more time with you. Since we are, you know..."


He doesn't have to finish the sentence for you to know what he's talking about. The two of you lower your heads, feeling too embarrassed to look at each other. He still hasn't let go of your hands though.


"Ah... What do you want to do then?"

"Do you want to catch a movie?" He remembers how you're so absorbed in them back at the hotel. "There's quite a few good shows lately."


"Movie?" The idea appeals to you. "Okay."

As the male ushers you into the car, you can't help but feel this is like a belated date.


And you're falling in love all over again.

 



❖❖❖

 




After having a late lunch, the two of you walk into the movie theater to select a show, ultimately deciding on a drama.

While waiting in queue, you notice a pair of teenage girls whispering and pointing at the deejay.


Oh. You forgot that the male is somewhat of a celebrity.

Instinctively, you take a step back from him but Kyungsoo quickly catches on.


"Why? What's wrong?" The look in his eyes makes you melt and your reply comes out in a mumble.

"N-Nothing."

You sneak a glimpse at the girls who are now giggling and nudging each other, as if contemplating whether to approach the deejay.


Kyungsoo follows your line of gaze and ah...

He lets out a chuckle and to your horror, (or delight, you can't really surmise at that point) he coolly grasps your hand in his and you gasp.


"W-What are you doing?" You hiss, noting the commotion from the girls getting louder when they witness the act.

"Why, you don't like it?" He crooks a grin.

You want to smack him and kiss him all at the same time.


"Aren't you..." You begin, not entirely sure what you're being afraid of at this moment. Back when you were still with Jongdae, he's never done any public display of affection even though he's just a trainee, citing "not wanting tongues to wag" and preferring to "remain private about personal affairs". Thus you are just a tad surprise at the deejay's nonchalance.

"Aren't you concerned it will affect your reputation or something?"


Kyungsoo snickers.

"That what? I'm not a gay and I'm actually into women?" He makes a jibe at you and this time, you do slap him on the arm.


"Shut up, it's not my fault the two of you are so misleading okay?"

"The fault is all on Byun Baekhyun. He's the one who started it." He defends himself, then on a more serious note. "Do you mind letting people know though?"


You peer up at him. It's been one of the questions weighing on your mind. You don't, not anymore. But...

"No... Are you?"


He eases into a smile and leans close, planting a soft kiss on your lips.

There goes a part of your soul again.


"Does that answer your question?" He quirks a brow.


You respond by smacking him again.


 



❖❖❖

 




The show is bland, but maybe that's also because the two of you are so distracted by each others' presence it becomes somewhat challenging to concentrate on a dialogue heavy movie.

When the credits roll, it's already late afternoon and Kyungsoo suggests going to the supermarket near his house to pick up some groceries.

"I'll cook a decent meal for you then." He promises.


You are just content to be with him.


When the two of you reach the supermarket, you immediately head for the ramen section, purely out of habit.


"Why? Do you feel like having ramen?" He asks as he catches up with a shopping basket in hand.

"Oh..." You mutter. "I... Always have ramen back at my house."


"Ah, you like eating them?"

"It's the cheapest..." You trail off, somewhat sheepishly.


Kyungsoo lets out a gracious smile. Holding you by your shoulders, he spins you around so you are staring him face to face.

"You don't have to worry about that anymore. Just choose whatever you like. I'll be taking care of you from now on, okay?" He says softly.


Peering into his earnest eyes, you feel a little awed, a little teary-eyed.

What did you do to deserve this guy?


You've been taking care of people all your life, even when you were in a relationship with Jongdae, you were primarily his manager first, partner second. Now, for the first time, someone is willing, even wanting to take care of you.

The mere thought that someone finds you worthy enough to even want to do that, is just so unbelievable you want to pinch yourself to make sure it's not some kind of dream.


A very very sweet and lovely dream.



"Hey, hey..." His concerned voice brings you back to the current situation again. "It's just food, no need to get all emotional about it, alright?"


You know he's just trying to lighten up the mood, and is wholly grateful for it. You don't want to be breaking down in the middle of an aisle between the cereals and baked goods section if you can help it.

"Nah, I'm just calculating how much I can buy without breaking your bank." You snort back, forcing back tears.


Kyungsoo snickers.

"You know you'll have to pay me back in other ways right?" He gives a suggestive lift of his eyebrows and attempts to dip in for a kiss.

Horrified, you hit him square on the arm.


"Ouch..." He whimpers exaggeratedly. "I'm just saying you can do the cooking sometimes to pay me back..."

"Yeah, right." You roll your eyes and is about to strut off when you notice some movements at the side of your vision.


You pause, and Kyungsoo, detecting the change in your expression, asks concernedly, "Why? What's wrong?"

Worrying your bottom lip, you reply, "I thought I just... Nevermind..."


You are about to move on when you spot a flurrying figure at the end of the aisle again. Trepidation grips you and you halt in your footsteps once more.


"I'm joking okay, please don't get mad." Kyungsoo tilts his head from behind to catch your gaze.


"I'm not mad... Just... " You turn towards the direction where you spotted the suspicious activity.

Nothing.


Maybe it's just your eyes playing tricks on you?



"Just... Let's go, I'm getting hungry."


 

 

 

 

▲▲▲

 

 

 

thanks for all the lovely comments! i really enjoy reading them! ^^ /hearte