Twenty Eight

DJ got me falling in Love

▼▼▼

 

Kyungsoo is barely out of the bathroom when you poke a thermometer into his mouth.


"A warning will be nice." He mumbles while taking out the instrument.

"And you got to stop behaving like a whiny child." You shove it back in and this time the deejay doesn't protest.



He watches as you fetch a glass of water and pills from the table and places both in his hands.

"Are you hungry? There's still some bread left in the kitchen if you want to. It probably isn't wise to take medicine on an empty stomach." You sound almost bashful and Kyungsoo feels that sickening twist inside again.


Since his mouth is occupied, he only responds by shaking his head.


You think a meek Kyungsoo looks absolutely adorable.

Wait, what was that again?



The thermometer beeps and you hurriedly pulls it out to check the temperature.

38.1 degrees.

Jostling the deejay back into his room, you call out, "I'll bring you a cooling pack."



Up until now, Kyungsoo is too tired to argue any further with you and he obediently knocks down the pills with warm water while trudging back.

He has just hit the bed after setting the glass down when you reappear before him with a towel and a small jar.



"I can't find any cooling packs so it's just this." You sit beside him at the edge of the bed and places the towel gently on his forehead. Kyungsoo stiffens a bit at the touch. He actually feels a little cold and shivery despite the temperature and your radiating body warmth is only beckoning him closer. He doesn't oblige to his instincts, of course, opting to say a small thank you and "Baekhyun took my cooling pack during a stay-over last time because he was sick."


The singer's name coming up at this point causes a dull ache in your chest.

Of course he'll wish it's his boyfriend taking care of him right now.


"I'll get a new one tomorrow then. For now, this will have to suffice and..." You bring up the small jar of Vapor rub. "An old method the elders taught me. You got to rub it on your chest and back. It'd make you feel better."


You pass the jar over to him but he swats your hand off.



"It's ok, I don't need it."

"But it really works!" Huffing indignantly, you the jar towards him again, edging dangerously close and Kyungsoo can see the dip of your eyebrows, the stubborn pretty lips tightening into a line and he feels like kissing it all off.


"No, really..." He sits up against the headboard to put some distance between the two of you but it only heightens your displeasure.

Does he really hate getting close to you so much?


"Don't be a baby, just try it!" You lean forward and grab one of his hands to force the jar into his hold, the breaching of personal space making Kyungsoo's breath catch and without thinking, he pushes you away.


"Leave me alone!" He barks hoarsely and he doesn't miss the flash of hurt in your eyes.

Before he can apologize, you are puffing hard, your reply coming out like a bite.

"I will! In a few days I'll be gone forever and you and Baekhyun can get on with your life so just take this!" You the bottle towards him again and this time, Kyungsoo grabs both your wrists and growls, teeth gritting.

"What are you trying to say?"


Your eyes widen and you are suddenly finding it difficult to breathe because the male is so close, so close.


"I-- I'm just saying you don't have to worry about me getting in between you and Baekhyun because I'll be leaving soo-- "

"What has this got to do with Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo utters in disbelief.


"Isn't he your..." You hesitate.

"Is that... Wait, what?! You think Baek is my..." Kyungsoo groans, his grip slipping a little but then he's staring at you again, gaze intense. "I'm not gay!"


You blink. Once, twice.

"Y-You are not?"


His hold tightens again as he inches closer, breath now near enough to fan your burning cheeks.

"Listen up, Choi Gaeun, I'm a man. And a man, has needs. So if you don't back off now, you're going to regret it, do you understand?"


You are stunned into silence and Kyungsoo feels his hands trembling from exhaustion. His head is heavy and body fighting heat from the cold. Noticing his discomfort, you let concern overtake your better senses.

"You have to lie down, Kyungsoo ssi, you are sick and..."


"Which part of my statement do you not understand just now?" Kyungsoo cuts you off, his body feeling that familiar buzzing again.

You stare him straight in the eyes.


"You won't hurt me." You say simply.

"W-What?"

"I know you won't. I know you."


There's a determination in your eyes that's making Kyungsoo's resolve weaken. His grip slackens.


"You don't know me..." He begins.

"I do. You are nice to everyone and you probably will be to me too if... We didn't meet under the circumstances."


Kyungsoo's mouth opens and closes again.

"So you won't hurt me."

You eye him trustingly and Kyungsoo knows he's going to lose the battle if he don't do something.



"I can."

He releases your hands and cups the sides of your head.


You in a breath and although he's a mess of nerves inside, Kyungsoo lets out gruffly, "Are you going to leave?".


Despite your quivering, you remain stoic.

"No."



"Then don't regret this."

He leans forward.


Your eyes fall shut at the move but you don't budge.



Kyungsoo hesitates, mouth dry and breath stuttering just inches away from yours.


Then without giving himself enough time for deliberation, he tugs you closer, half expecting you to slap him or finally push him away.

But you do neither. Instead, he feels himself pressing his lips against yours. Soft and warm.


Unlike his harsh words, the kiss is gentle, but nothing short of electrifying.



He pulls back after a few seconds and sees your cheeks flushing the prettiest shade of pink and before he knows what he's doing, he dips down again, his plump lips connecting with yours to move slowly, tentatively. As heartbeats accelerate at alarming rates, your thoughts muddle, neurons reduced to learning how to take in oxygen with his mouth hot and tender on yours while arms hang uselessly at his sides because you don't know what to do with them.

Kyungsoo feels himself burning. You are kissing back and you taste sweet and soft and the short little gasps coming from your mouth is driving him insane. He slides a hand behind your neck, feeling the baby hair there as he tilts ever so slightly to take you deeper. Tongues slip out to taste each other shyly and you grasp his biceps in order to anchor yourself to something from the overwhelming sensations firing through you inside out. Kyungsoo thinks he should stop but his body is moving according to instincts and he can't.

He's addicted at first taste.

It's only when air becomes a trouble that he reluctantly pulls away, but just so enough he can lean his forehead against yours.


Your heart is thumping so hard you are sure the male can hear it. Both of you are panting roughly, the longing and want for each other lingering strong between the inhales and exhales.



It's not only a minute later when you realize that Kyungsoo is burning up, his forehead against yours growing damp with perspiration and you hurry to ease him down on the bed.

For a moment, Kyungsoo is startled and his wide-eyed look is back.



"Y-You got to rest."

The voice that comes out doesn't sound like your own.

Afraid of embarrassing yourself further, you stand up from the bed and Kyungsoo contemplates catching you by the arm and tugging you back beside him. But then he's not sure in his chaotic state of mind (and health), will he be able to stop himself from doing things that he might regret later. So he stays put and watches you steal out of the room, the jar of Vapor rub forgotten on the bed.



Sleep finds him within a minute, and he smiles a bit under the cooling relief of the damp towel.


 




❖❖❖





Back in your own room, the heater is being faulty as usual but your body is kindling with heat from the aftermath.

It's weird how even long after his warmth is gone from yours, you are still fighting to pull oxygen into your lungs. You lean against the cool wall, raising a hand to your lips tingling with the impressions of Kyungsoo's tender kisses.


So he's not gay.

You want to leap in joy at this discovery but only lets out a small grin for fear of disturbing the male's recuperation downstairs.


And the way he kisses...

You've kissed before but the way Kyungsoo kisses makes you feel like it's the first time.


It's breath taking, heart thumping and so... Natural.



It's frightening because you barely knew him for a month but you feel like you've known him forever. You weren't joking when you said he won't hurt you. Madam Park has been right all along.

He does care an awful lot for the people around him and you believe in every ounce of you that the male is practically incapable of intentionally harming someone.

The reason he's even sick and nursing a fever in the first place was because he jumped into the river to help a complete stranger. You remember when he first came to your assistance in the alley, it was the same. He doesn't know you well and you haven't actually left the greatest of impressions with the ex-boyfriend and hospital stint but he still helped you regardless.


And if you are totally honest with yourself, you like him.

You like him and it's the kind of like that you think can progress beyond pure friendship.



But is he even thinking the same way?


You frown.

The fact that he kissed you... Means something, right?


Or was he just trying to scare you?



You've received a call from Madam Park in the morning regarding a meet-up on Sunday.

You know it's probably time for the ultimate test.


It's just that, you are still not ready for a break up with the deejay.


Not just yet.

 

 

 

▲▲▲

 

 

a/n: juz so u know, i had this story planned for 36 chapters but as i wrote on, it's stretching into 40~ hur hur~~~ pls stay with me! ><