Fifteen

DJ got me falling in Love

a/n: I'm revved up with all the lovely comments, so here's an earlier update! Thanks peeps! ^^

 

▼▼▼

 

When Kyungsoo is done re-telling his unfortunate story, almost half of the dishes are already gone.

Considering he only took less than five minutes, that's quite a feat, the deejay thinks as he tries salvaging some of the kimchi chigae.




"Maybe it's 'cos that girl cooks a really mean dinner." Chanyeol pipes, mouth still partially occupied with fermented tofu. "I mean, this is really good. It tastes like... My mother's home cooking."


At that, the giant melodramatically wipes off an imaginary tear on his wistful face.

"There, there, Channie." His boyfriend pats his arm comfortingly and Kyungsoo rolls his eyes.

 



"So, is she pretty?" Baekhyun directs his attention back to the deejay.


"That's not the point, isn't it?"


"That's the whole point, Kyungsoo. I mean, you're going to be like, looking at her for the rest of your life." He exclaims in mock horror.

"Like I said, there's the test and I might be saying goodbye to her come end of the month."



"Pity," Baekhyun shrugs. "It might be your last chance of getting laid this life time."


Kyungsoo flings his chopsticks at the singer who's laughing and curses as he narrowly misses.




"Seriously, you're quite the catch though, even Channie hit on you once."

The singer throws his boyfriend a wink and the tall giraffe pouts.



"Aw, but Baekkie, that's before I met you. Now you're the love of my life and the kimchi to my rice."


The two exchange kissy faces and Kyungsoo feigns puking.


"Get a room, you two."

 



"Considering the only rooms available here are yours, are you offering?" The singer chirps.



"Don't you dare..."





❖❖❖

 



When you return to the house at 11 p.m, you recognize the extra car in the garage as the famous singer, Byun Baekhyun's Range Rover. Checking the surrounding blind spots for paparazzi, you find none and enters the house. The faint buzzing from Kyungsoo's room indicates they are still there.


You pad up the stairs as noiselessly as you can and takes a quick shower.




By the time you are done and settling on the bed with a novel, you detect some suspicious noises coming from downstairs.



Grunts. And then some .

 


It can't be?

More and you think you hear someone shushing be quiet she will hear you...



Your toes curl and you feel a horrible blush creeping up your neck.

What are they doing?


Groaning, you ditch your novel and search for something to stuff your ears with. Finding none, you make do with clapping two pillows on either side of your head and burrowing under the covers, willing yourself to sleep.
 



After all that slogging in the kitchen, this is how they repay you?



Stupid Do Kyungsoo.


You curse as the cacophony continues.

 




❖❖❖

 



Kyungsoo wakes up with a groan.


His two friends (The deejay decides it's really time to get new ones) kept him up all night with their little rendezvous in his room (his room! for goodness sake) and he had sought refuge in the music room next to them.


The sleeping bag provides little cushioning for his back and as he stretches, he can feel the stiffness lodged right in his spine.


Stupid Byunbaek and his giraffe.

 




He keeps on grumbling and yawning even after the two greeted him with a bright and cheery we changed your sheets! and bribing him with morning coffee.

When he presses the warm liquid to his mouth and the deep aroma of the beverage shakes his senses, he finds himself yet again relenting to the painfully infectious mirth of the two.



As annoying and overbearing the duo are, they had been tight friends, sticking with him during tough times and lonely ones. Never turning him away even when they obviously want time to themselves (which they rarely get with the constant limelight) and in return, the deejay indulges them as much as they want in his limited capacity.


He yawns again after the door shuts, the familiar rumbling of the engine cruising down the street.




At this moment, a petite figure graces the stairs and the deejay belatedly realizes you might have heard all of it last night.



He hides his embarrassment behind the beverage, hot steam fogging his view.


"So, they left?" You ask, clearly unamused.

The deejays clears his throat. It's not like his fault you are here to witness all these, he reasons to himself.


"Coffee?" He offers the extra cup that Baekhyun had prepared and winces just slightly when his sore back decides to act up. He rubs the spot absent-mindedly as you throw him a judging glance.


Serves you right.


Staring at the beverage, you decide to take it anyway because heck, you really need the caffeine right now.

 



Kyungsoo sees the dark circles under your eyes that mirrors his own and feels rueful.

A concession, perhaps?

 



"It's probably a little late for breakfast but... Maybe we can do brunch?" He suggests.

You glance at the time. It's already ten a.m. and your stomach is acquiescing to his offer despite your reluctance.


 


"Sure."




❖❖❖




It's a silent walk down the street.


The deejay had suggested a nearby place and as you stride down the row of avant-garde restaurants, each looking more expensive than the one before, you wonder whether all rich people spend their Sunday brunch like this.



Just when you are contemplating if you're too under-dressed with your cream spandex top and grey leggings, he turns at the corner into a decidedly less glamorous part of the street. 


There's no signboards indicating any hidden boutique restaurant and you fiddle absentmindedly with your red woolen scarf until the male stops abruptly.
 


"We're here."


You stare disbelievingly at the dingy looking eating house, the glass window so crusted with age you can barely view what's inside.



We're eating here?

You can't believe the guy is such a scrooge!




"Let's find a seat."

He enters without hesitation and you stumble after him, weaving past tables (he seems to know the place perfectly well) and tables of authentic Korean fare and noisy diners.


You have to admit, as rundown as the place looks, it's emitting the most savory smells all around.


When the two of you finally find an empty table at a corner, you are salivating in spite of yourself and your stomach is protesting incessantly.




"Is there anything in particular you'd like?" He asks whilst glancing around to catch a waiter.

"Korean beef.*"


The deejay raises a brow.

When the waiter comes round, he orders it anyway, adding on a couple of simple standard dishes.



Definitely a cheapskate, you think to yourself.



"The place doesn't look much, but the food here is great." Kyungsoo informs as he sees you quietly rounding up the place with your eyes.

You nod patronizingly.




A few minutes later, the beef arrives together with a setpot of steaming hot soup. There's so many side dishes you find yourself not knowing where to start since you are so spoiled for choice.


When you place the first spoon of soup into your mouth, you realize Kyungsoo is wrong.




The food here is not great.


It's awesome.





You wolf down the thick aromatic soup, hissing whenever the heat burns too closely but never stopping because it's really too good. Hands and mouth try to keep up with the appeasing of your eager stomach and you don't even bother chewing properly like a lady since there's no one to impress here.

Kyungsoo's eyes widen in awe at the sight.


It's been quite a while since he'd last gone out solo with a female yet in all circumstances, he's never seen anyone like you, eating like the food is the most delicious in the world and occasional moans here and there indicating your satisfaction.

 



It's refreshing, really. And rather endearing.



Wait. Did he just say endearing?

Kyungsoo shakes his head mentally.




"Is the food ok?" He tries diverting his thoughts.

"Huh?" You prop your head up, suddenly realizing that both of you haven't spoken the entire time after the food comes. "Yeah! I mean, if I've had known there's such an awesome place around here, I'd be coming every other day."


Kyungsoo chuckles softly.

"Yeah, that's why it's one of my favorite places, you should try the makgeolli sometimes. People flock from all over for it."


"That impressive? I should definitely try it now then."

"Now?" The deejay balks. "It's a bit too early to get drunk, isn't it?"

"Who says anyone's getting drunk?"




There's a challenge in your tone that Kyungsoo doesn't fancy and he raises his hand for the waiter again.

"I just so happen to know quite a few people who can get drunk on makgeolli alone."


You smirk.

"Fortunately, I'm not one of them."



When the beverage comes, you dip your pinky into the metal bowl and swirl twice, tasting it with a smack of your lips before downing in it one shot.


"This is really good!" You let out an unabashed approving noise and Kyungsoo snorts.


"You drink like an ahjumma."

"I do not."

"Only ahjummas do that." He repeats the hand motion you did just now.


"Well my younger brother does it too and he's not old." You retort.

"He's a guy. But you are a girl, if you haven't forgotten about it already..."


"I haven't, 'cos if I'm a guy, I'd have taken a girl to a more decent place for her first meal..."



Kyungsoo puts down his bowl and snaps, "Well, I'm sorry if you got into this whole arrangement thinking you're marrying into royalty because there's certainly no gold bars to pick up around here."


"Is that what you think I am?"

"So what if I do?"



Both of you glare at each other for a full three seconds before you resolutely raise a hand and snap your fingers for the waiter.




"What can I get for you two?" The waiter chirps, oblivious to the tension in the air.


You break the eyeballing and faces the waiter with the sweetest smile you can muster.

"Yes, three portions of beef, thank you."


The deejay's eyes widen in horror.



Before he can open his mouth, the diligent waiter is already off with your order.




"Are you mad? We're not ordering anymore!"

"Why not? I'm not full yet." You utter nonchalantly.



He watches as the plates of meat come again and you tuck in with equal zest from before.



What is this girl's stomach made of?


Infuriated, the deejay orders three more portions for himself as well.

 




Two can play this game.
 

 

 



*Korean beef is pretty pricey in Korea and Gaeun was just being difficult :p

 

 

 

 

▲▲▲