A dream?

A New Beginning

Suzy woke up to find herself at a road, a stone road with trees lined by the side. The sun shone brilliantly at her.

Did I live?

She looked 360 degrees to explore her surroundings. She noticed a body not to far from where she was standing. She ran right up to it. It was probably her only chance to finding out where she was.

Her body felt light and she couldn't feel any pain at all. This was absolutely queer to her. During the last 4 months, she had been experiencing pains from every part of body.

She felt like it was a chance given by God to feel like a normal person again.

She walked up to the body and saw a boy with messy chestnut brown hair. He was handsome looking. Simply dashing. His features were distinct.

Suzy tugged his arm to try to wake him up.

Kai’s POV

Am I still alive?

I still have the ability to think.

Am I dreaming?

What’s that tugging at my arm though?

Kai opened his eyes to see a girl with long black her and porcelain white skin in front of him. She had black round orbs for pupils that were clear and bright. Kai could even see his own reflection in them.

Their eyes met and locked for a couple of seconds before Suzy got up and sat beside him.

“Is this a dream?”  

Kai sat upright before replying Suzy. He ruffled his chestnut brown hair ever so slightly.

“Try hitting me then.”

Kai said coldly before turning to look at the clear blue sky.

Suzy smirked.

THUD.

“OWWW! I didn’t mean it!” Kai glared at Suzy angrily.

This is odd. I don't feel much pain to be honest. My head is clear too. No more constant headache... Kai thought. However his thoughts broke when he heard Suzy chuckle beside him.

“Why are you laughing?” Kai was slightly puzzled. He took jokes seriously. Which is why people usually back off after joking with him.

“My name is Suzy. Bae Suzy.” She reached out her hand and flashed him a warm smile.

“Umm… Kai.” Kai reached out his hand wanting to return the handshake but Suzy playfully retracted back her hand and stuck out her tongue at him.

Kai rolled his eyes. He clearly didn’t know her. Why was she behaving like that to a stranger?

Suzy always had that playful side of her. Since she lost all traces of pain. She felt like she could be who she used to be once more. Especially since God gave her a second chance. Why not take it?  Besides, she loved making new friends. She always felt a certain thrill to it.

“Anyway Kai, why are you part of my dream?” He looked up at Suzy who had already stood up. She had a completely different expression than previously.

“I’m not sure. But aren’t you the one part of my dream?”

“Hmmm… This sure is odd.” Suzy didn’t understand anything that was happening. Everything felt and looked too real to be a dream.

“Anyway, there’s no point just sitting here. Lets see if we can go to the house up ahead for some answers.”

Kai stood up and started walking by himself.

Well, there surely won't be any harm. Since this is a dream. Right? Suzy thought to herself with a little insecurity.

Suzy followed. A billion thoughts were in her head but she chose not to question. She believed Kai couldn’t give her the answers she wanted.

This is all a dream. Soon I’ll wake up and see Daehyun again.

Suzy tried to convince herself with the last remains of hope she had left.

But till then, she had to count on Kai. She didn’t know why he was in her dream even. She didn’t think that she had ever seen him.  

Well he doesn’t seem too bad. Just a little feisty.

“So… Kai! How old are you?” Suzy tried to start a conversation with Kai as they strolled along the pavement to the cottage house.

“Umm… Me? I’m 21 this year.” Kai tried to look as uninterested as possible. He wasn’t good in talking to people and he had hoped she wouldn’t talk to him. Even though he was curious too. Curious to whether this was a dream. Curious to whether he was still alive. Curious to whether his parents missed him. Because he was sure he drew his last breath when he passed out.

“Oh… That makes you an oppa!” Suzy smiled at Kai who was focused at the road in front of him. Or too deep within his thoughts. Suzy coudn't tell. Kai was unreadable.

Sigh, this sure is boring.

Suzy thought to herself. Being able to feel pain-free, she wanted to enjoy this happiness with Daehyun. Or maybe someone else she was closer to. She couldnt share any happiness with Kai because when she tried to start up a conversation with Kai his short replies made it hard for her to respond back. Gradually neither of them spoke a word until they reached the door of the small cottage house.

Suzy looked at Kai and nudged him to knock on the door.

Kai politely knocked on the door 3 times.

“Come in.” A sweet sounding voice responded.

Kai and Suzy looked at each other. Suzy raised an eyebrow.

Kai twisted the knob of the door and Suzy tiptoed behind him to get a better glimpse of the view inside.

They both saw a pretty lady with long black hair. She was dressed in a simple beige dress and was carrying a plate of food to the antique dining table in the middle of the house.

“Oh you guys are here. Just a moment, let me take all the food out.” She placed the dish she held in her hand on the table and went back into the kitchen to retrieve another plate of food.

“What are you kids doing standing there? Quick take a seat. There’s much explanation to do.”

Still clueless to whom the lady in front of them was, Kai and Suzy took a seat anyway.

Kai and Suzy simply ate the food in front of them. They were famished.

They didn’t feel afraid too. The lady in front of them gave off a warm vibe. A friendly, loving vibe that Kai and Suzy felt very comfortable in.

The lady took a seat in front of both of them and simply stared at them as they ate.

Kai noticed this and looked up at her.

“So… who are you?”

“Oh… oh… my apologies for not introducing myself earlier. My name is Jieun and I am your guardian”

 

 

i double updated today! Felt that the first chapter wasn't really long. And the feeling of leaving a sad ending HAHA! Merry Christmas tho! ;)