The First Station: Perseverance

A New Beginning

At least with this conversation, Suzy and Kai felt like they both got closer. Talking about sensitive topics allowed both of them to get to know each other better. They also knew how to help each other too.

Suzy knew she needed to do her best to never make sure Kai was never lonely. She knew that she help fill in for the love he had never felt for the 21 years of his life. She felt like she had to be there. Somehow. She felt an urge to shower with him with the love he had never experienced before.

Kai knew that he needed to do his best to open himself up. He knew that Suzy was genuinely concerned about him. And he didn’t want to shun her away like he did in the past. He felt that Suzy was different and understood him better. And, in order for her to help him. He knew that he had to change his old ways.


“Okay it seems like both of you are done.” Jinyoung came back into the barn to see Kai and Suzy resting side by side at a block of hay. They were smiling and joking among themselves.

“Yes Jinyoung!” Suzy immediately jumped up from her position like an excited 3 year old and pointed at the 12 buckets of milk just beside them.

“Woah! You guys did a great job. Now lets get to the next chore. I need you guys to carry these buckets back to the farmhouse.”

They each picked up a bucket and slowly started their walk down the hill.

“Hey Suzy, isn’t it heavy? Do you want me to do it instead?”

Friends usually help each other right? Kai wondered and decided to ask Suzy who seemed to have a hard time carrying the heavy bucket of milk. He wanted to fill in the position of a friend as much as he could.

“Nah it’s okay. I’m fine.” Suzy gave him a reassuring smile and carefully held the bucket with both of her hands.

Kai wasn’t convinced so he immediately grabbed the bucket from Suzy’s hands.

“It’s okay, I’ll do it. Do me a favour and just move the buckets to the start of the hill alright?” Kai gave her a little grin and started walking ahead by himself.

Suzy was startled. But she let Kai take it anyway.  She knew his intentions and felt grateful towards him. He was putting in as much effort so he could to start a new beginning. And she knew she should put in more effort too.


Back in the farmhouse, Kai placed the two buckets of milk carefully on the dining table. He saw Jieun by the sofa. She had her reading glasses on and was reading a book intently.

“Hey Jieun. You’re not going to help us go through the stations?” Kai asked as he glanced at her direction and pushed the two buckets into the centre of the table.

Jieun looked up and turned to Kai’s direction. She placed her book down and explained.

“I would but I’m not allowed to be there when you guys do your mission. It’s against the rules. A guardian protects their chosen one. But after death, their only job is to get you back to Heaven. However to do that, you would need to have will power, which i can't give you.” Jieun had a stern expression on her face. It was quite contradictory to the bright personality that she always had. Somehow something felt different. Like something was wrong.

“Is something wrong, Jieun?” Kai asked with a little uneasiness. Seeing Jieun like that was really a different sight from just this morning.

“It’s nothing Kai. I’m just having a tough time planning out the route for both of you. It seems that the warden at station 2 isn’t there. It seems that we have to find him. In the forest.”


“Okay thanks guys! You see what did I tell you! My station will pass really fast and it’s the easiest one too!” Jinyoung shouted to Suzy and Kai who were finally done with the last task of picking the eggs out of the chicken coop.

“Now, both of your rewards. Here’s the quarter of the pendant.” Jinyoung gave a small object to Kai and Suzy each while beaming brightly. The pendant had an incomplete symbol that you could tell was unique despite just seeing quarter of it. It was bronze and no bigger than the size of a bottle cap.

Jinyoung was glad that Kai and Suzy came that day. After all, they managed to finish their mission flawlessly. No milk was spilled. No egg collected was cracked. No extra load given to Jinyoung. They completely aced this task. They filled in the only criteria of perserverance. Somehow, they pushed each other on whenever one of them were tired. They shared jokes and shared stories like how best friends would and they managed to allow time to fly by. Before they knew it, their first station was complete.

“Thanks Jinyoung! Let’s meet again soon alright?” Suzy gave Jinyoung a small hug and placed the pendant in her pocket.

Jinyoung smiled. “Only if fate allows us to”

Jinyoung had said it that way, but he knew that fate would never allow them to meet again. He knew he was destined to live and die off alone.

Stay strong. Both of you. Jinyoung murmured his final prayer and waved goodbye to Kai and Suzy.

Another cycle had ended and he had to get ready for the next cycle. He simply lived his life that way. Why? Because he had no way to get back to his old life. He was banned from Heaven just because of the mistake he made…


”Hey Jieun! When do you think we can see Jinyoung again?” Suzy asked the unusually quiet Jieun. She beamed brightly at Jieun, hoping to help lift her spirits.

“Hmm… Jinyoung? I don’t think we’ll ever see him again.” Jieun replied half-heartedly.

“What!? Why not?”

“Jinyoung was a convict back in his life in Heaven. He has been banished out of Heaven because of his crime.”

“Crime? What did he do?” Suzy asked curiously. What crime could Jinyoung have done? He looked perfectly nice and friendly. 

“He killed someone.”

 

 

Here's a really short update ;)

SBS GAYO DAEJUN TODAY. Girly screams. The livestream web doesn't seem good at all ;(

Im sorry i didn't really elabourate on the part of the first station. It's not as important. You could call it somewhat the basic ;)

The next chapter is a Jinyoung chapter btw ;) ! I'll update tomorrow or monday!

Anticipate the next chapter! It's not a Kaizy moment but more of an intense chapter! ;)

Here's a sneak preview with the title of the next chapter.

A twist? Jinyoung's dark past.

HAHA I'm getting excited while typing it out. Anticipate it alright! ;)