Lee Ji Eun (II)

A New Beginning

 

(Starting with a little narration) – Caution: May sound like a high school fic. HAHAHA.

The kids in the Guardian’s institute were more or less the same as normal kids in schools. They had the popular kids and the nerds. Two distinct groups of people divided by the stereotypical thing. Looks.

If you were handsome or pretty, you would have no trouble fitting in. People would just flock by to your side.

But for Jieun it was different. You wouldn’t say she wasn’t pretty. She definitely was. But nobody could ever see her beautiful clear black eyes pass her huge bulky old-school spectacles. In school, she didn’t make an effort to make friends too.  Others thus, too didn’t bother.

For Cheondung, well, he was clearly the opposite. He was the popular kid that every girl loved. Every guy envied. He was smart too. Teachers adored him. But one flaw he had. Was that, he didn’t really socialize. He kept by himself most of the times.

But of course, he was still included in the popular boy gang or you could call it BEXO. Noone really knows what it means, but then again, they never expected anything from their ‘leader’. 

BEXO’s leader was Bang Yong Guk, the dashing charismatic yet goofy oldest member. You could say that he created this entire group of handsome guys. Almost making an effort to link all the guys together, despite some of their cold attitudes. That made him the ‘leader’. Not officially. But everyone knows he is.

Then, there’s Myungsoo, the school’s heartthrob, the most good-looking kid you can find in the institute. You could say he was like Cheondung, with his icy cold glare. But he was different. You could say, the opposite of what you would expect. He was a friendly flirtatious kiddo.

Not forgetting the two happy viruses of the group. Himchan and Chanyeol. They are goofy like Yong Guk, but the thing is, they don’t have ANY charistma. Some call them the institute’s fools. The dumb and dumber to be honest. Why? They are NEVER serious in anything they do.  

Well, that’s not all, but let’s not mention all of them. But just for some extra knowledge, there’s Zelo, Youngjae, JongUp, Lay and Luhan too.

There were the girls too. They were nothing special. Purposely starving themselves during lunch period. Spending their time trying to converse with the good-looking guys at the cafeteria. Yearning for the attention. Who were they? Well they are none other then, Jiyeon, Hyomin, Soyeon, Boram, Jihyun and Eunjung. The self-proclaimed popular girl group in the institute.

Anyway, enough of that. I should probably start with the initial story.

This is a story of somewhat you can call, and ugly duckling. How she was actually a beautiful swan? With a tinge of typical fairy tales. Like how Prince Swan suddenly and miraculously arrived.

He came like a blessing.  

 

 


 

 

That day. The 18th of February. Cheondung and Jieun began their first day as friends.

Jieun was clueless at what she was suppose to do… well, you could say it was because she never experienced having a friend before.

For Cheondung? He was never quite the talker.

They sat there, letting the silence painfully play itself for the few moments they were together. 

 

 

Jieun felt a sudden thrill in her spine. Even though neither spoke a word, she felt excited. At the mere fact that now, she had a friend. The nine year old she was, she felt happy, for the first time.

From then on, their secret friendship started.

Neither of them spoke a word in school.

Jieun had suggested it. And Cheondung respected her wishes.

They did have eye contact in classes and as they pass by each other in the hallway.

Eyes that silently greeted each other. A greeting that only existed between the both of them.

No one knew.

While at least not now...




 

Jieun and Cheondung  still met everyday. 5pm in the evening, at the same shady spot they always sat at.

A world where only both of them existed. It felt special. For the both of them. As the days slowly pass, as the weeks slowly pass. They found themselves slowly opening up to each other.

Jieun learned that Cheondung’s favourite colour was grey. He loved studying the stars and the skies. He was always fascinated at how Earth and Heaven viewed the same sky despite being at very different places. She also learned that he liked the number 8, and how he even played the 8th song of his  8th album he ever bought 8 times. And that his favourite food was kimbap.

Cheondung too learned more of Jieun. He knew she loved the colour blue. He knew she came to this spot for combat practice. Which explains the marks. He knew she loved reading and learning. And that she had an obsession with doing well in school. He knew she was shy but a fun and loving person.

He knew her in and out. And she probably did too.

 

The days for both of them got even brighter. Now they were both 13. Still schooling, still leading their perfectly normal dual lives. No one had yet discovered their secret.

Jieun opened herself up more in class, she made several friends too. Bora, Chorong and Seohyun. She threw away her spectacles too. Which had given her more trouble than anything when the boys of the school started naming her as the most popular girl in school. Along with her group of friends.

This made the wannabes in the school upset with the overturn of statuses. They loathed Jieun. And wanted their name back. 

 

 

 

Which is why they planned something against her.

 

They waited for Jieun as she ended her extra practice in the library. The school was empty because it was friday and everyone had gone home. They positioned themselves at a bench next to the school lockers. Getting ready to strike at their victim.

When she came, Eunjung pushed her to the wall. Hyomin and Soyeon pinning down her arms, not allowing any movement. Jiyeon moving her face just inches infront of hers. Scanning her up and down.

“What does she have that I don’t?” Jiyeon said in her stuck up tone as she twirled a strand of loose hair that hung just in front of Jieun’s left ear.

The other girls merely nodded their head up and down in agreement.

 

Jieun struggled, saying sternly, “Let me go.”

Jiyeon felt the annoyance well up in her entire body. She was agitated.  

Agitated by the fact that her status was gone. Her popularity deterioted. And that the cause of all of that was right in front of her.  

She took another glace and Jieun’s face. Jieun merely looked at her with a straight expression. An unafraid expression.

Intimidated, Jiyeon’s hand flung up. Getting ready to land a smack on that expresson that she detested so much.

She was about the land a smack on the pale white skin that was missing a little redess on it, when she felt someone grabbing her wrist. A strong tight grip.

She turned. Looking up a few centimetres.

She saw him.

The school’s one and only Park Cheondung. 

 


Hi guys! A short update from me today. 

I'm updating today because im flying on Monday to Melbourne. 

Nooo nooo nooo~ i'll still be updating. 

Living with my aunt! For maximally a month! (Probably come back earlier than that... I love SG too much) HAHA (or maybe i just want my BAP - one shot album..)

OH BTW. tell me if there's anywhere i should be visiting there ^^

 

PS: My apologies for making this chapter like a high school fic! i just need it for a short transition to the next part! 

Do read on and comment, subscribe! :) 

Really appreciate all your support! <3