Moving On

A New Beginning

“Okay! Both of you follow me. Now.” Jinyoung came back to the farmhouse with a box of farm tools. He passed it to Suzy and signalled Kai to push the wheelbarrow.

They pushed it out of the farmhouse and up the hill just behind of the farm house. Up the slope, they got to see the farmhouse for cows.

“Okay push it in there. I need to gather the cows.” He pointed up ahead and walked off to gather the cows that were consuming the bright green grass.

Neither Suzy and Kai spoke a word until Jinyoung came back. He gathered all the cows by himself. A great sum of 30+ cows. He locked the gate behind him and walked over to Suzy and Kai.

"I need both of you to milk all these cows. Okay? Let me show a brief demonstration." Jinyoung immediately walked over to one of the cow's to perform a demonstation but Suzy tapped his shoulder lightly.

"Ummm... Jinyoung. May i ask why are we doing this?" Suzy said uneasily. She didn't want to sound offensive. She was just simply curious since Jieun didn't want to say anything.

"Ehhh... Jieun didn't tell you? This is the first step to heaven. The test of hardwork and perseverance. It teaches a lesson of never giving up. You see, after death many lose their will and hope to live on. So this first step is to ensure that you guys will not lose the will and continue to live on. In my opinion, this is the most important lesson. And in this lesson, you simply have to help me in my chores around the farmhouse for 8 hours straight."

"8 HOURS STRAIGHT?" Suzy and Kai's eyes widened in disbelief.

"Yes 8 hours! Now let's get started if you want to earn your quarter of the pendant!"

Jinyoung started teaching the basis of milking the cow After that, he left Kai and Suzy there to milk all the cows by themselves.

(Yes i know. Now you have to picture Kai & Jinyoung milking a cow. Suzy done it before so that wont be hard. HAHA}

"It should probably take you two and a half hours to milk all the cows. I'll be back by then." And with that, Suzy and Kai were left there alone to milk the cows.

"Suzy. Can i ask you somthing?" Kai said carefully. It's been on his mind for a long time and he didn't want to hold it for too long.

"Sure! Anything~"

"Umm... I hope this doesn't sound offensive. But how did you die?" Suzy looked up and faced Kai's direction. She wanted to see Kai's expressino when he asked a question like that.

Seeing his somewhat anxious eyes, she chuckled and explained.

"I was a victim of a terminal illness. Heart cancer. The doctors couldn't do anything, so i had to simply wait for the day to come."

Kai remained silent. He did plan out carefully how he shold ask the question. But he definitely didn't plan a reply.

"What about you, Kai?" She wanted to break the silence and she could see Kai having a tough time replying.

"Me? Oh, i was a victim of leukemia. I didn't relise that my constant headaches were because of the illness. And by the time i did realise, it was already too late."

"Hm... I see. Hey Kai. Do you want to play a game?"

"What game?"

"Its a real simple game called 'Three Questions'. I did this back at my high school orientation. It worked really well in getting to know people better. Since we would have to see each other often, i thought it'll be better if we could play this game. You simply have to ask the opposite party a question and they have to reply it truthfully. But it's totally cool if you're uncomfortable with it." Suzy said it carefully. She didn't know why she behaved that way too. It was unlike her. But she felt like she needed to behave a bit more carefully around Kai in order to not to offend him in any way.

"Um... Yeah sure! It's worth a shot. You go first"

"Okay here's an easy one for starters. What's your favourite food?"

"Bibimbap! What's yours?"

"Kimchi jjigae. First love?"

"Don't have one."

"What! Come on, don't lie! How can someone not have a first love at the age of 21!

"Well, if you really must know, I didn't have much friends at all. I pretty much kept to myself all day long. I liked it that way better anyway."

"How can you like being alone?"

"I guess its because of the childhood i went through. Since young my parents neglected me. I was brought up by the maids of my house till i was 12. My parents thought that i would be able to take care of myself by that age so they dismissed the maids from work. And i got use to the loneliness."

"I see. That sure sounds tough..."

“Okay anyway, enough about me. You ran of questions. That was your third question.”

"Okay ask me whatever you want."

"How was your childhood?"

"My childhood? My Dad died when I was 3 so my mom single-handedly brought me up till the day I died. She was the sole breadwinner so she had to work most of the time. She didn't have much time for me. But when she did, she made it feel like I was finally living. She would bring me to the plot of land just behind our house and we would have our own special tea party. "

Suzy smiled to herself while recalling her beautiful childhood. How she yearned to go back to those times again. Kai saw this and smiled too. He thought that this was what made her special. And what he was missing. Hope. She always had something to look forward to in her childhood. But he didn’t have anything to look forward to when he was young. But she did, and she’s going through this dying process perfectly well. Why?

"That's nice. So here's my final question. Why do you seem to be okay with letting go of the past?"

Suzy sighed and explained. "It is tough but you see. I had a boyfriend back when I was alive. And I truly love him. When you love someone, all you want is for him to be happy. So it’s the same for me. I want him to be happy. Besides, the last thing I told him before i left was that if he loved me, he should move on. And to do that, I should too.”

"I see" Kai finally understood why. But it was pity because he couldn't feel the same way. He felt that back when he was living, no one had ever loved him. He had no one he loved too. Which made him yearn to live his life once more.
He felt regretful of his past. He couldn’t let go easily because he regretted living it that way. He wanted to live life once more properly. To gain the friends he never had. Even if his parents couldn’t shower him with love, he wanted to at least make friends. He wanted to live his life like how Suzy did. He wanted to know how it felt like to feel loved, and to love.

 

 

 


I know the end sounds kinda cheesy. But yes. HAHAHA.

Okay sorry. this is not really a main chapter too! & I find the update to be quite short too ;(  Jinyoung appears more in the next chapter ;)  & Then comes the next cameo. Muahahah.

I just needed the last part to explain things better ;)

& They're getting closer too!

remember to watch KBS Music Festival! B1A4!!!! ;)

I'll update soon :)

 

I was watching KBS Music Bank Hong Kong replay on the TV. But my uncle and aunt came over and now i can't hear anything T.T Ok i actually can't even see the performance. My uncle is standing right infront of the TV.

Next song. JUNIEL - BAD MAN! ;)

Poster by Cracker ;)