A twist? Jinyoung's dark past.

A New Beginning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLzJ02Jtm0U

Dynamic Black - Yesterday (Seems to suit the theme)

 

“Okay now we have to go to Station 2. We’ll have to walk a half an hour walk to a small shack just in front.”

Jieun's voice slipped into Suzy's ears but went out immediately. She was still feeling a little dazed at what Jieun had said and her mind couldn't properly register anything else. Especially since she couldn't believe someone as friendly and nice as Jinyoung, would even kill someone?

Her mind was racing with thoughts.

Was he a murderer?

Was it for revenge?

Or was he simply deranged?

But her wild imaginations instantly stopped at the mention of Jinyoung’s name.

“Hey Jieun, Did Jinyoung have a past live? A life other than the one in the farm? ” Kai had step forward to ask Jieun. It somehow hurted him to see Suzy’s lifeless state. He didn’t know why. But he shook away any other thoughts. And besides, this situation not only bugged her. It bugged him too. Ever since they came to this world, they had followed Jieun’s every order. But she didn’t give them much detail. And he wanted those details. Those answers. Now.

Jieun read his mind. She sighed deeply and replied him calmly.

“Okay. I guess it’s time I should do some explanation. Let’s set up a small picnic and I’ll explain everything to you over dinner.”


 

Jieun calmly took out a loaf of bread from her bagpack. She sliced it, placed some ham on top of it and sandwiched it with another slice of bread. She passed one to Kai and then one to Suzy. She stared at them intently as they took a bite of the sandwich and she started her explanation.

“Yes. Jinyoung had a past. All the station wardens do. They used to spend their life in Heaven before they got banished and thrown out. You could call them convicts. And, to serve their crime, they were left to guard the stations. However…”

“However??” Kai said impatiently. He was tired of having Jieun leave them in suspense.

“However, even after they serve finish their punishment, they would not be able to return to Heaven. Because, they would be hanged at the end of the punishment.”

“Hanged? You mean put to death!?” Suzy almost spitted out the food that was in . She managed swallowed her food back down and tried to managed her expression because she noticed Kai looking at her weirdly. Suzy murmured an apology to Kai and left Jieun to continue with her story.

“Yes Suzy, it means death. You could call it a cruel punishment where they have to simply wait for the day they die.”

But this got Suzy and Kai even more curious.

"What exactly did Jinyoung do to deserve such a punishment?"


 

“Just 30 days left.” Jinyoung murmured to himself as he stared out of the window and looked at the clear blue sky. He remembered the days he spent with her. Looking at the same clear blue sky.

He looked away and picked up the pen lying on the table. He pulled out his drawer and took out a pink sheet of paper. Her favourite colour.

He sat down and let his fingers get a fine grip of the pen and he started writing. He let his hand do the work and he set his mind running free. To express all the misery and grief he was feeling.

 

Dear Stripes,

Remember our first nickname for each other? You told me to call you stripes because it would be compliment my liking for stripes. And you'll call me Polka Dots because it was your favourite pattern. Anyway, enough of that. How was your day today?

I made new friends again today. One boy and one girl. It’s the first time two people came at once since I first came here. Their names were Kai and Suzy.

Kai seemed so cold at first. He didn’t even bow at me when we first met! Can you believe that? What a rude fellow. He doesn’t know I’m at least 20 years older than him even if I look his age.

Suzy on the other hand was a really friendly kiddo. Her greeting was bright and warm. She bowed and flashed me a smile that made me feel the same way I did as when I was with you. Her eyes carried the sparks of hope that I saw in yours too.

Anyway, do you remember how I use to say that you had the power to make anyone brighten up? She had it too. And she worked her magic. On Kai. I observed them from a distance as they worked. I watched her slowly let him unfold his true self. I saw her make him smile. A genuine smile. But i guess that's what they say about destined couples. They were meant to fill in for each other's imperfections. By the time they left, he had already changed. He gave me a warm smile and a bow as he bided goodbye. It’s a pity I don’t think I can ever see that smile again... Both of their smiles. And the girl that reminded me of you…

 

Oh, one more thing. You know what? I have 30 days left. 30 days left to drown in my own misery.

It has been exactly 4 years and 11 months since I have left.

4 years and 11 months since that incident happened.

 

I still hope you’re doing fine, Sulli.

 

 


Jinyoung was the guardian of a special little kid. She was only 5 but she already was destined to die. However, she managed to finish the 4 Steps of Heaven easily because of her young age. The difficulty of the stations had differed depending on the different ages. And at an age of 5 she had to go through simple stations. Therefore she and Jinyoung made it to heaven together.

Thinking of Heaven, you could imagine it to be on the clouds. You could imagine it to have white houses, where reunited families live together. But that was only one part of it. Heaven was made up of two parts. The district of the slumps and the district of clouds.

At the district of slumps, you could picture it as a bustling city with a lot of people. You could describe it to have crowded little streets with many slumps for houses. You could add dozens of people lined by the side of the streets, dressed in rags. These people were the ones that took advantage of their second chance. Greed had overwhelmed them, and it eventually led to their downfall.

On the other hand, you can imagine your normal image of heaven for the district of clouds. It was everything you can imagine. It was beautiful. It was where you watched your loved ones from up in the sky. It was where the School Of Angels was located. Yes a school. Those that yearned to live to like in the district of clouds had to take the entrance examination. Many had rejected the idea of doing so and those remained at the district of slumps. But the others that did, and passed, went to the district of clouds. They lived above the clouds and lived a comfortable second life. However, other than those that took the entrance examination and lived in this district, the children of the ministers in Heaven also lived at the district of clouds. They enrolled in the School Of Angels, hoping to gain their parent’s post as a minister and take charge of heaven one day.

 

Jinyoung was always with little Sulli even though he could have just left her when they both reached Heaven.

He felt that Sulli was a special little kid and he saw sparks of hope in her eyes and he never wanted the hope in her to ever perish. He treated her like a little sister. And since people in heaven would never age from the day they die, he was going to be her big brother forever and protect her.

Theft lurked all around the district of slumps. It was filthy and dangerous. And Jinyoung would never let Sulli live in an environment like that. Therefore, he taught her many things before bringing her to the district of clouds to take the entrance examination.

 

Both of them passed and they both started school together.

 


 
It started on the first day of school.

Jinyoung couldn't always be with Sulli because their obvious they had made them go to different classes. And when Jinyoung wasn't around, the kids in school would bully Sulli.

They took her things and threw it at her face. They pulled her hair and ripped all her books.

Why?

Just because they were envious of her.

Sulli was a pretty little kiddo. But not just pretty, smart too. She could answer all the questions the teacher asked. And she had pretty clothes and stationery too.

Most of her classmates were children of the ministers that were born and raised here from the start. They were jealous at the fact that a lowly being like her at her second life had such pretty things. They saw her as a potential threat to their future position and as an eyesore.

However, Sulli wanted to hide this from JInyoung. She didn't want him to protect her in that way. She loved him as her brother, but she didn't want him to do everything for her. She wanted to depend on herself this time around. She wanted to be strong and she didn’t want to be a burden. But her personality didn’t allow herself to defend and protect herself from the bullying.

Until one day, Jinyoung had walk pass Sulli's class for a special surprise when he caught an astonishing sight.

He saw the kids in Sulli's class pulling her hair and ripping all her things. However, Sulli simply sat there and let them do it. She put on a brave front but she was crying inside. Nothing could amount to the pain and hurt she felt as they did that. And Jinyoung could see that. He could see right through her. Like how she saw right through him. 

He banged the door wide open and ripped the grasp the kids had on Sulli and her things.

He simply went mad.

He vowed he would protect her. But what was he seeing now?

His mind went wild and he pushed the kids one by one down to the floor.

Sulli got up and stood up for her classmates. She pulled JInyoung away and told him to just ignore them. She gathered her things and left the classroom and JInyoung followed by after getting back to his normal state of mind.

The following few days, the bullying stopped with the constant check ups by Jinyoung.

 

His blow on the kids the other day was only intended to strike fear. However he got the opposite of what he expected.

Apparently, one of the kids from the class twitched the story and complained to his father. His father thought that Jinyoung’s actions were outrageous and devised a plot to make Jinyoung suffer. His father sent people to track down Jinyoung.

His house was discovered. He lived with Sulli at a small one-storey apartment. A group of 6 men were sent to Jinyoung’s house when he was out shopping for groceries.

Anything important thing taken?

Only Sulli.

 

Other than that, all the tables were flipped. Chairs broken. Glass broken. Fridge ransacked. Everything in the house was destroyed.

 


Jinyoung’s groceries scattered everywhere. He tried to take hold of the sight in front of him. The carton of milk was spilled. All the eggs cracked. The apples he picked out earlier rolled down the stairs at his porch. He plucked off the slip of paper pasted on the door.

He ran as fast as he legs could carry him.

He snuck into the mansion and stealthily got pass the guards at the gate

He was armed with nothing but his fists as he defeated the guards in the building.

His thoughts went wild as he thought of what they might do to her.

He felt anger overpower him. He was simply reckless.

The mansion was huge. He ran circles and circles. He couldn’t set his mind straight. He punched everyone that went in his way.

But after minutes of running around in circles, he decided to calm down and analyze the situation. He took a road he didn’t take previously and after further running, he reached a suspicious looking room with 2 guards on standby.

 

He ran forward and delivered a blow to the first guard’s stomach. Saliva flew out of the guard’s mouth. The guard fell backwards, knocked cold. The second guard tried to punch Jinyoung’s face. But Jinyoung ducked down and missed his blow. He nimbly stood up, and high kicked the right side of the guard’s head.

All he wanted is to make them unconscious and bring Sulli back. Nothing else. Furthermore, Guardians were made to protect, to fight. And he was Sulli’s guardian. He had to protect her, fight for her.

He kicked the door wide open and saw her. Her petite body bound to a chair in the centre of the room.

He used as much strength as he could to untie the rope’s tight grip on Sulli. Sulli slowly gained conscious as Jinyoung carried her up in his arms. He smiled at her. She smiled back. But good moments don’t last. Don’t they?

They left the room, to be surrounded with a good twenty man around them.

Jinyoung tried to keep Sulli close to him as he attacked the guards. But he could not pull it off for a long time. He was attacked on the left. On the right. His grip on Sulli loosened and a guard pulled her away from him.

Sulli struggled. She kicked and punched recklessly. This made the guard annoyed as he slapped Sulli hard on her right cheek. He then threw her unconscious body on the floor. And let it roll a couple of times before she just lay there, with a bruise from the impact on her knee and elbow. A few scratches here and there too.

Jinyoung felt something surging within him. The anger he felt at the sight he saw. It wasn’t even anger. It was rage. It was an downpour of emotions just crashing down on him. He was her guardian. He was made to protect. Protect. The word screamed in his head.

He scanned the room for some sort of object. A weapon, to be accurate. And he saw just what he wanted. A dagger at the table not too far away from where he was standing.  He ran right up to it and grabbed it and ran back And before his conscious mind could reach him, he pierced the dagger at the left side of the man’s chest. The man that caused him the pain. The pain of seeing Sulli hurt.

He carefully picked Sulli up and wiped away the blood on her left knee The other guards simply backed off as Jinyoung, in a blood soacked white shirt. Left the room. Left the mansion. With Sulli in his arms.

But he didn’t go home. He needed to someone else’s home. Someone he trusted.

The wind blew as Jinyoung walked throw the forest. A stray strand of hair danced above the unconscious Sulli’s left cheek. He smiled and tucked it behind her ear.

“I need you to take care of her for me. I don’t think I will ever return. Please pass this note to her when she wakes up.”

Jinyoung said to his aunt while wiping off the stray blood on little Sulli’s body. He smiled and kissed her on the forehead. He didn’t bother changing out of his blood soaked shirt.

He was back to his normal state of mind, and he knew what punishment he would get.

He walked to the court and was arrested immediately. Banished from Heaven forever.

 

My dearest Sulli,

When you wake up, you would have noticed that I’m already gone.

I’m sorry I failed to protect you.

I’m sorry I didn’t fulfil my duty.

Stay here with Aunt Bora and she’ll take over my job of protecting you.

She’ll keep you safe.

&  I’ll see you again.

Only if fate allows it.

Jung Jin Young.


Jinyoung wiped away his tears as he stuffed the pink sheet of paper into an envelope. He wrote the date on the envelope, his index finger and sealed the envelope. He pulled out a huge brown box from under the table and placed the letter in the box. With the other 1789 letters.

 

 

 

 

 

Okay to be honest, while writing this chapter, i scared myself. HAHA. With all the crazy imagination. &)£@)&*£@ HAHA.

Okay anyway, sadly, or maybe not sadly, i'm not going to update for the next 2-3 days.

I created the planning for my entire story already, but i just need to type it out. and to be honest. I'm a little tired from updating everyday (mostly everyday) already HAHA.

BESIDES. THIS CHAPTER IS 2765 WORDS LONG. Mine's usually 1000++++ LOLOLOL

Oh next chapter is Station 2. Special cameo! ;)

 

I'll update whenever i can okay! ;)

 

P.S: it seems i lost a subscriber. I'm sorry for boring you ;\

& I'm really really genuinely sorry if this chapter ended up as a disappointment.