Lee Ji Eun (I)

A New Beginning

 

Suzy and Kai spent the night back at the hut.

When morning came, they decided to return back to the shack and meet up with Jieun.

Even though they couldn’t find the mysterious guy they were suppose to find, something irked them that they should just return anyway. 

 


 

 

After witnessing the departure of Kai right in front of his eyes, Taemin decided to return to the shack. He saw Jieun there, sitting by the table, twirling around an empty cup. Her eyes were lifeless and she looked extremely tired.

Jieun was too engrossed in her thoughts she didn’t even hear Taemin opening and shutting the door behind him. He took a seat right in front of her, staring right into her dark brown eyes.

“You’ll see him soon Jieun, you will.” Taemin’s words pierced into her heart and trapped her in another world of thoughts. 

 

 

 

“I’ll see you soon Jieun, I will” Cheondung or how he likes to call himself, Thunder, bided Jieun a final goodbye. He patted her head three times like he always did. But this time with a special peck on her cheek and a warm bear hug. He was much taller than her, making the hug a cozy and warm one.

After approximately a minute, he broke the hug. Smiled at her one last time. Turned around. And left.

As she watched his silhouette disappear, she felt the tears well up in eyes. The pain was real. He was gone...

 


 

 

“Jieun??? Jieun???!!” ! Taemin shook Jieun vigorously when he saw tears falling from her eyes.

Jieun wiped her eyes as she nodded her head. Forcing a smile to the worried boy in front of her.

Taemin was her good friend. Staying alone for three years. She roamed around making friends with all the people that lived around her. Taemin was one of them. He understood her perfectly even though he had never met Cheondung. But from Jieun's description he knew that Cheondung wasn’t one typical guy. He brought her her first rays of happiness in this world.

 Happiness.

 

 


 

 

Guardians. Are they special? Yes. Most definitely.

 

Humans were born when a male and a female spark a special connection in between them. But, for Guardians it was different. They were created. Made for their purpose by the Gods. But other than birth, nothing made them different from a mere human. Okay, maybe also the fact that they were set to be the most intelligent, helpful, powerful being.

Guardians were born like humans, as babies. They were taken care of by the local Guardians Hospital. Sent to school by the age of 3 to study about the world of Earth and Heaven. The connections between the Gods. The proper way to live as a guardian. You could say they were practically robots. And by the age of 5, they started combat training. They had to know how to protect their future assigned people.

Jieun and like most of the other Guardians lived as mere puppets. Fighting for nothing at all. No meaning in life. The lived because they had to, and not because they wanted to. But that was before she met him…

 

 

At the age of 9, Jieun went to the forest near the Guardians Institute. She was practicing her punching skills on a tree bark. It was a place she always visited at 5 in the evening. At that time the breeze was cooling and it was quiet. She would be able to hear the soft whispers of the insects and animals that live there. It made her feel comforted. It made her feel safe.

 

She dumped her bag on the floor, taking out her pair of worn out gloves. She found a tree, free of scars that may have been placed by her. She raised both her hands to her chest in a boxing position. Getting ready to land the first punch on the victim of today’s practice.

 

ing her hand forward, she landed a punch in the middle of the hard brown bark. A few pieces of wood chipped off causing clanking noises and some sort of groan.

Wait…

A groan?

Jieun looked around. Puzzled. She circled around the tree and found her culprit. 

 

 

It was a boy that looked just about her age. His eyes dropped sleepily as his head shook around. His head must have lost the grip it had on the tree because of the impact Jieun had placed on the tree. His head twirled around, finding a home for itself to land.

Seeing this peculiar sight, Jieun squatted herself right infront of the boy. She got a better look of his features too. But what did a 9 year old know of good looks? She probably thought he looked like any other boy at that time. But a normal teenager, would have know he was dashing. Porcelain white skin. Black wavy hair. A nose that looked like it had been sculpted. He had everything a boy practically wished for. Or did surgery for. 

 

 

She gently tilted his head carefully, afraid that he might suddenly awaken from his slumber. She supported the back of his neck as she slowly leaned his head back to where it initially was. She stood up, and left.

She smiled to herself. This felt different. It felt special.

 

She found herself arriving at the same good old tree she was the day before, and not forgetting, at 5 in the evening. Not trying to expect anything, She got her things and started practicing. Till she heard the same old familiar groan.

She shook her head and smiled to the same familiar sight in front of her. She did that same thing she did the day before. And left for another tree.

Days went by. Weeks went by,. Jieun found herself doing the same thing for that particular stranger. Some people might call it adorable. But for Jieun, it felt unique. It felt strange She had some weird attraction to this stranger. It was a change to her normal routine life. She had something to look forward to. Even if it was a small thing. 

 

 

There came the special day.

Jieun cheerfully walked to the same old tree. Which has gotten much more bare from all the practice Jieun had done on it. She placed her water bottle down, getting ready to start her practice. Well, until she heard the familiar groan.

She circled around the same good old tree but,

Instead of seeing a human being seated at the spot, she found a note.

 “Hello.”

A simple greeting, that made Jieun blush a bright shade of pink.

“He knew…” She murmured to herself. 

 

 

Suddenly, a head popped up beside her. A half-dazed face. Staring right into Jieun’s eyes. There it was. The eyes that Jieun had never seen. A pair of hazelnut brown eyes. It made him look even better than he already was. He looked exactly like the main character in a Japanese anime series.

Jieun turned her head away, embarrassed.

“Are you getting all red?” The half-dazed boy poked the little girl’s cheeks as he positioned himself right infront of her.

“No!” The girl quickly denied, backing a few steps away from the stranger.

He turned around, walking away. He found a patch of grass under a nice wide tree where the last rays of sunlight was slowly seeping in.

He signalled her to come sit beside him. With his never changing lifeless expression. 

 

 

Both spoke not a single word.

Minutes passed.

The boy then reached his palm for her head. He patted it three times, and smiled.

He smiled.  Jieun felt her cheeks feeling hotter by the second.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” He stood up, taking a few steps forward. 

 

“Wait!-“ Jieun stood up and turned around to a disappointing sight. He had already left.

 

 

The bells of the institute rang, echoing the jingle of bells in every hallway .

Every kid ran out of their classrooms, excitedly. It was a Friday, and there would not be school tomorrow.

Jieun ran out like every kid. But alone of course. What do you expect? She was the top in her class, not very popular because of her anti social personality. She was what people on Earth called a ‘nerd’.

She quickened her pace at the thought of how he might be there earlier today. She didn’t even have to try to remember the location of the tree in the forest. Her legs practically brought her there themselves. 

 

 

But there was no one, she waited a bit, but grew a little impatient. She took out a book. ‘

Five people you meet in heaven’. Her favourite book.

She her index finger as she flipped to the next page. The book brought her into another world. A journey of meeting people and learning morals. Too engrossed in her book, she didn’t even hear the sound of footsteps slowly approaching her.

 

The boy sat right in front of her. Immediately bringing her out of the world of fantasy and fictional characters. Putting her book aside, she simply bowed at the stranger.

She assumed it would be the same as the day before, whereby neither of the two spoke a word. However, this time, he broke the ice.

“I’m Cheondung.” He said, calmly, with his dull expression, staring up into the sky. 

 

“Jieun…” She said softly.

“Jieun. Let’s be.. Friends.” Cheondung spoke. Not averting his gaze from the bright rays from the Sun.

“umm” Jieun nodded.

Her first ever friend.  






 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello guys! I'm back with chapter thirteen! ;D 

Its currently 4.35AM. 

I tototally blame chundong. HAHAH i was tryna add him into the poster

but i really couldn't find a suitable picture. ):

Anyway! 

Read on, subscribe & comment! 

Happy belated Valentine's day 

& thanks for your time <3 & Support ;D