Prologue

Life From a Fangirl to an Idol

After i sent my parents off with their flight back to their hometown in seoul airport, i took a taxi back to my supposedly new home. I stared at the scenary whizzing past the car window, deep in thoughts. My heart thumping hard against my chest. "What the hell am i doing here in korea. Is it even real? So i am really going to stay here in seoul all alone from now on. what is this?", I screamed inside my head. I pinched and twisted my cheeks, hoping that all of these was just a dream. I stared at the street again to see that there were korean signboards everywhere,and i come to realise for the upteenth time that i am really in korea. I begin to recall what had happened a few weeks ago....

It was an ordinary morning, i went to school and walked into my class. The class seems noisier. As i was walking to my seat, i overheard " OMGGGGG. Can you believe it? SM ENTERTAINMENT is for god sake having an audition here in our country!!!!! i think i am going to cry" "Holy moley. this is the best news i have ever heard in my entire life" " Let's go together then! i am going to go no matter what. i want to be an idol, i want to SEE MY IDOL"

I gaped in mute shock and i stood rooted to the ground for a few long seconds. "WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT DID YOU SAY?" I screamed into the girl's ears. "Chill babe chill. let's go together shall we? I am so hyped up now!" Lisa said to me.

Suddenly my senses return, my parents will never allow. Why would they? They always think that idols are useless and they only think that study is the most important thing to do. How the hell do i break this news to them?  Sorry, i won't.

So i trained my vocals and some free style dancing and learned some simple korean words and phrases at my friends house every day after school. I told my mum i have to complete some project.

And the day of audition arrived, it was the most nervewrecking moment of my life.

The place was packed with people, not ordianary people, but people who were super talented, people who have face that any entertainment want to recruit. (if you know what i mean). I looked at myself, i am quite an average looking person, i wouldn't say i can sing really well because i still cannot hit really high notes, well when it comes to dancing, it always depends on my mood. I glanced at my friends who accompanied me here, they seemed more prepared then i was. I am so doomed.

When it was finally my turn, i sang as emotionally as possible and i dance the best that i could. The auditioner just nodded, smiled, and raised their eyebrows.

I sat in the waiting room till late evening for the results to be announced. They said 8 names will be announced.

I just sort of prepared myself for the worst anyways. My arm hair is raising, my stomach is churning butterflies, my body is cold.........................

"lee sooyi, jason ken, jess chia, vaness lim, kim eun joo, choi seung ho, zeoy mah and lastly..."

Everybody in the room stopped cheering for those who were chosen and started drumming on something or making funny noises. I laughed to myself becuase i know it's never going to be me.

"LASTLYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

"LASTLY... It'sssss _________(enter your name here)________"

My body shook vigorously. Did i heard my name? No. It is not possible.

My friends came over and hugged and screamed at me. IT"S REALLY ME. Tears welled up in my eyes and trickled down my face as i received congratulations from people around me.

 

The auditioner called out for the 8 people to gather and i went obediently. I was still shaking with joy. They told us our strength and why we were chosen and many more information.

One of them told me i have potential in singing because my vocals sound pleasant to hear, i am pretty good at dancing just need to train more and  that i have charismatic and pretty features. I was like O.O. Are you serious about me?

They said i was still 16 years old so i have to get the consent from my parents. It's like a lightening has just struck me, i forgot that i have to tell my parents afterall.

"DAMN! they are going to kill me" I confessed to my friends as we were walking home.

"Just tell them. Maybe they would have a different reaction from what you have thought. When they know you have been CHOSEN, that will be a different thing. Tell them if they love you then they will let you be whatever you want" Lisa said.

When i am back home, both my parents were watching TV and my brother was on his laptop. For the first time in my life, I kneeled infront of them and beg them for something i really wanted.

You can tell from their face that they were hell shock. They listened, shouted at me, caned me and threatened to abandoned me. I persuaded, cried , got beaten, and persuaded.

"I REALLY WANT TO BE AN IDOL DAD MUM. I have always dreamt of it but i have never talked about it because i know both of you will be upset. BUT LISTEN I AM CHOSENNNNN! i have the potential that's the reason why i have been chosen. I can be an idol, i can earn BIG BUCKs, i can be FAMOUS" I talked in between muffled sobs.

Dad eventually let his weight dropped onto the sofa next to him. I cried even louder because i could not stopped and i cannot afford to give in. For the first time in my life, I saw my dad so sad. He had both of his hand covering his face and i am not sure whether he was crying or not. My mum kneeled down next to my father and this time she supported me. My mother pulled my dad's hand and said many things. My heart sank, it felt like a thousand knives tearing my heart apart. My mother loves me. Finally, my dad let down both his hands and looked at me. I could see his eyes red and slightly swollen.

He said yes. I was not happy but a load finally lift off my shoulder. My parents signed the consent form and locked themselves in their room.

I looked at the form that they have signed, is that really what i wanted afterall? From young, i have always been brought up by a tradionally strict family, I never thought that i would betrayed them like this.

So, SM academy said that they would provide me with free lodging, monthly allowance and as such.

My family sent me to korea and stayed with me for 4 days. They took me around the estate and tell me this and that. what i should do and the don'ts.

They said they will sent money to me every month and will visit me once every a few months.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The taxi driver spoke" 10 000 won"

Finally i am back to reality, i handed him the money and alighted the taxi.

I looked up at my flat. "YES, this is what i wanted!" i said to myself.

The girl walked up to the building without knowing the life ahead that is awaiting her.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's pretty short because it is just a prologue anyway. The real story has yet to begin. keke.

I sincerely hope you like it. ><

comment and subscribe if you like.

AAAAHHh. imma so scared.