Present Day Sun Hee

Be Careful What You Wish For

" Ring! Ring! Ring!"

" Oh my gosh, morning already?" You said as you turned your alarm clock off.

You were about to go back to your comfy sleep when suddenly your phone rang. 

" Damn it! Who the heck calls you at 5:30 in the freagin' morning?" You glance at your cellphone to know who the caller was.

After you glanced at your phone, you smacked your head. " Stupid me, it's just the alarm."

Because of the smack, your drownsiness was gone. With that, you proceeded to go to the bathroom. You bathed and changed your clothes afterwards.

         

You applied natural make-up. Finished preparing, you glanced at your clock again. It was already 6:30 in the morning.

" Mom must be awake by now."

You grabbed your phone and called your mother. 

" Hello? Who is this?" A deep voice of a man answered the phone.

" I'm the one who should ask who you are." After that, you heard someone's footsteps in the background. It must be your mom.

" Hello honey, how are you?" Your mother said to you sweetly. You responded rather late.

"...... I'm fine." Sensing something, your mom asked you.

" Honey, is something wrong?" You could picture your mom's worried face, so you brushed off what you were worrying about.

" Nothing mom. I just wanted to ask you if you're gonna come to my performance today?" 

" Oh my, was it today? I'm so sorry honey but I can't. Is that okay with you?" You felt dissapointed. * so much for moral support* You thought.

" It's okay mom. Maybe you can come next time?" 

" Sure honey, maybe next time. Gotta go, bye!!" Then your call ended. It was always like this. Your mom had never once went to your performances before. She would always say that she'll come next time, but it never happens. 

You looked at yourself in the mirror and forced a smile. * Everything's going to be just fine like always.* You encouraged yourself.

....

You went out of your apartment. You walked going to the " Rising Star Theater." Your wrinkled your nose when you thought about the name.

" Pffft... Rising Star Theater, so corny." As you struggled to not laugh loud in public, you bumped a guy.

" Sorry." He said without even looking at you and went off. 

" Weird." You said as you were about to continue walking. Then you're right foot stepped on something. As you picked it up, it turned out to be a locket.

You opened it and saw a picture of a mother and son embracing each other with the father in the background. They all looked so happy. You suddenly remembered the time when you too had a happy family. It made your eyes wet but you quickly wiped it off. 

You ran fast to where the guy went but you weren't able to catch up with him. You panted as you sat on the bench in a shade of a tree. You looked at the locket again.

" What should I do to give this to him back? It looks so important." You decided to put it in your pocket for the meantime. After you rehydrated yourself, you went to the theater. When you went back stage, your best friend Na Young skippped towards you.

pat  

" Sun Hee-ahh, you promised to be early today." She said to you with a dissapointed face.

" And aren't I here? " You said while pointing at yourself.

" Yup you are here, but early??? Nope. You're 15 minutes late." She said to you while looking at her watch.

" I broke my previous record. I was 30 minutes lates before. Aren't you proud of me." You said to her with your head held high.

" Aishhh, I don't know what I'm going to do with you." She says while smacking your shoulder jokingly.

" Okay  everyone, ready your instruments for we are about to start" Someone said.

At once, everyone grabbed their instrument and went to their places.

" Goodluck!" She said to you while going to her position. She then gave you this look:

You gave her a thumbs up, too. Then, you sat on the piano chair.

                   

...

On cue, the curtains opened revealing the clapping audience. You could see the other members smiling at their visitors. You also looked at the reserved seat for your mother, but as expected, it was empty. In fact, it was the only empty seat.

...

With the conductor's signal, all of you played your respective instruments. Out came the sound of classic music. You found it very beautiful and harmonic, not considering the fact that you are part of it. Your hands almost felt like they were moving on its own. You took this chance to glance at the audience. There were satisfied looks. You smiled. This was the happines you could gain in playing instruments. The satisfied look of your audiences.

The performance was almost at its end. Then, with the conductor's signal, everything went silent. Leaving only you playing the piano. * It's your time to shine Sun Hee.* You played the instrument with feelings. You were playing a sad music, so you thought about your past. The once happy family you had and the broken family you're having now. The sorrow feeling of being abandoned, you placed those emotions along as you played the piano. 

...

After pressing one chord, your solo was done. You wiped the tears off your eyes and looked at the audience. There was silence.

* Oh my god, what did I do?* As you were thinking what mistakes you did. A very large applause was coming from the audience accompanied by standing ovations. You could see everyone's eyes wet with tears.You smiled and all of you bowed.

You're feeling were transmitted to the audience. That's what made them cry.

Back stage, everyone was hugging you as congratulations. They were all crying which made you cry,too.

________________________________________________________________________

Please comment and subscribe<3