Performance

Be Careful What You Wish For

You went backstage. Na Young welcomed you and hugged you tight.

" Welcome back, bestie!" She said. You hugged her back and smiled. You noticed everyone practicing hard.

" This is unusual." You said as you continued to look at the other members. Some girls were squeeling excitedly. Na Young looked at what you were seeing and smiled excitedly.

" You didn't know? Exo m will be here to listen to our music!(SQUEEL)" She said as she slapped you multiple times. That's what she usually does when she's excited.

" Calm down girl. Now tell me what I'll do." You said to her as you shook her a bit. She pouted and crossed her arms.

" I shouldn't have told you. You don't care anyway.... Well, our instructor said that you will be having a solo performance again." She said to you. Your eyes widened in surprise. No one ever told you that you were having a solo. You weren't prepared and you didn't even practice yet.

" What? How could he do this to me?!" You said while furiously ruffling your hair. Na Young just patted your back in sympathy..

" Do you have a piece with you?" She said while looking at your bag.

You remembered that you brought with you your newly composed song " Forever and Always."

" Well, I do have one." You said hesitantly. She noticed and gave an assuring smile.

" Everything's gonna be okay. It's you were talking about here." She encouraged you. With that, you're confidence added and you gave her a smile. You hugged her gratefully.

" You're the best, Na Young." She blushed and and did this:

You managed to practice for a few minutes then you grabbed your phone. You dialed your mother.

" Hello, dear?" She answered. You smiled excitedly.

" Mom, are you free today? We have this special performance today. I was kinda hoping that you would come." You said to her expectingly. You bit your lips nervously while you were waiting for an answer.

" I'm sorry dear. I'm busy today. Maybe next time?" Your smile faided. It was this response again. You clenched your fist turning your knuckles white.

" Yeah, sure mom. Bye." You ended the call. You sat at a nearby chair and massaged your temples. Later, you looked at the ceiling finding an effort to dry your almost pouring tears. You really hated that feeling in your throat when you're about to cry.

" Okay everyone, get ready." The instructor said. Everyone went to their places except you since you had your solo. They played the song of abandonement which made your tears build up even more. Then finally, you can't stop yourself, you cried. The sad music made by the violin and the other instruments, you listened to them as you cried your heart out in dissapointment.

Finally, the curtains closed for they were done with your piece. It was your turn now yet you didn't seem to find the energy to stand up. For the first time, you felt nervous. You tried standing up but your knees were too weak. * Get yourself together, Sun Hee.* You encouraged yourself. Then, like a miracle, you were able to stand and walked to the piano seat. You touched the piano's keys and stared at it for feew seconds. Then you looked at the audience.

" Oppa, isn't that unnie?" Sang Hee said while tugging Xiumin' sleeve. He looked at the girl on stage and realized that it really was her. He told Lay who was right next to him and he gave a shocked face then they passed the news until it came to Kris. Kris looked at the stage and saw that it was really you.  All of them smiled warmly and encouragingly at you. Hoping that you could see them.

As you were looking at the audience, something caught your attention. It was the people you had just met smiling at you. Sang Hee gave you a fighting pose. Suddenly, the lump you felt in your throat was gone and you weren't nervous anymore. You smiled at them gratefully as you begin playing your piece.

After some time, you closed your eyes and sang the lyrics. The song you made was the story of your life. " I was there when you said forever and always." As you begin to sing that part, your tears uncontrollably flowed out. You ignored it though and continued to sing and play the piano. The audience at the meantime, was listening intently to your music. Their hearts were aching and they felt a lump in their throat. As you sang, they could feel deep pain and sorrow in their hearts. Some of the audience couldn't take it so they cried and let out loud sobs. You also cried hard and became even more absorbed with the music.

...

" You didn't mean it, baby. You said forever and always." Then hitting one last key, it was over. The audience did a standing ovation while wiping the tears off their eyes. You bowed and went backstage. Na Young greeted you and hugged you tight for comfort as you cried your heart out. 

" Oppa, my chest hurts!" Sang Hee said while placing one hand on her chest. She was crying hard just like the rest of them. They were wiping their tears except for Tao. He was crying and sobbing uncontrollably.

" That was so sad." He said as he cried even more. Kris went to his side and comforted him. Xiumin was also at a daze when Lay noticed him. He snapped his fingers in front of him. Chen also whispered something in his ear. Then Xiumin blinked.

" Her voice is so beautiful/ It's like an angel's" He said. Then everyone agreed.

...

After the performance ended, you immediately dashed to your apartment. Your eyes were swollen from crying yet it seemed like it wasn't enough. Your heart still felt like it was pricked by needles. You opened your apartment door and immediately scanned the place for one specific person.

" Sun Hee?" Luhan, who popped out from the kitchen, greeted you with a warm smile. That was the warmness that you needed. You ran to him and immediately hugged him. He didn't know why but he knew that something was wrong so he comforted you.

The two of you sat on the couch while sipping hot chocolate. You told him the story of your sad past and he listened. He didn't give you advises, all he did was listen. You liked that. You didn't need advice all you need is someone who can lend you his ear. As the story became sadder and sadder, the grip of his hand on your hand became tighter. It gave you the feeling of protection from him.

After you told him the story, you felt a lot better. You smiled at him gratefully and he smiled back. He reached for your hand and held it. He squeezde it gently telling you without words that he is there for you.

" Why don't you forget the pain?" He finally asked.

" Trying to forget being hurt by someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never met." You said with a sad smile. A tear fell from your cheek and he wiped it off. With his hand still on your cheek, you stared into each others eyes. Then slowly, he leaned closer and closer to you. You could already feel him breathing. 

Magically, his lips crashed into yours and you closed your eyes feeling the moment.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.

If you haven't heard the " Forever and Always piano version by Taylor Swift," here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a091w-c1HwA